Does anybody know the asshole with the horn/buzzer?

TrashMaster G

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Apparently hating the honking = condemning the entire existence of the OLF tailgate.

Are some of these people just OLF's socks coming here to make sure we know how great and awesome OLF is and that they are 100% Texas fans and how dare you criticize them? 

They’re good fans, but they love the smell of their farts way too much. I’m not defending them, just laughing at the holier than thou UT stereotypes 

Occupy LF is a major part of the Texas baseball fan experience, so much so that the athletic director is hanging out with the people responsible for it and takes jello shots with them. Our mystery hornblower has obviously integrated themselves within the tailgate in a similar manner. Understanding the dynamics at play will help Surly with the surgical operation needed to rid the games of the annoyance.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

They’re good fans, but they love the smell of their farts way too much. I’m not defending them, just laughing at the holier than thou UT stereotypes 

Well, since people here can't complain about how terrible we are right now... they need something to be sand in a vagina about...

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I have a great alternative to the airhorn. Just hear me out.  What if we bought a bunch of bubbles and distributed to all the fans.  Then, we could blow the bubbles to distract the opponent's pitchers and fielders!!  Just spitballin' here.  

Dude, you're on shaky ground now.

48 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Heaven forbid I talk about the tailgate where the fucking air horn guy is.

There’s plenty of fun being had there and our internet Karen contingent wants to equate it to a gimmick.

all good if the stupid fucking aggy gets rid of the dumbass airhorn.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Occupy LF is a major part of the Texas baseball fan experience, so much so that the athletic director is hanging out with the people responsible for it and takes jello shots with them. Our mystery hornblower has obviously integrated themselves within the tailgate in a similar manner. Understanding the dynamics at play will help Surly with the surgical operation needed to rid the games of the annoyance.

can we take out the airhorn with a targeted EMP?  need to get our smart guys on this...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

It's this guy...

I swam for UT from '06-'10. One year during our home dual meet against A&M, the Hellraisers showed up to the meet during one of the diving events and they immediately started heckling A&M's divers. They'd make loud sheep noises as the A&M divers were doing their approach on the boards. It was hysterical. Our coach had to walk over and say "Hey guys, we appreciate the support but we don't really do that kind of thing in this sport". The fun was short lived, but definitely worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TexasPride10 said:

Our coach had to walk over and say "Hey guys, we appreciate the support but we don't really do that kind of thing in this sport". The fun was short lived, but definitely worth it.

And that should happen in this case. You think Augie would let it go on? Shit no. There’s a reverence for baseball that other sports don’t have. It’s why we hate turf sliding pits and Longhorn logos in centerfield.  It’s why I wish Rosenblatt was still around instead of TD Ameritrade Sterile Ballpark.  You either get it or you don’t. An air horn does not belong at a baseball game. Since the home season is wrapped up, I won’t worry about it again unless it shows up next season. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

And that should happen in this case. You think Augie would let it go on? Shit no. There’s a reverence for baseball that other sports don’t have. It’s why we hate turf sliding pits and Longhorn logos in centerfield.  It’s why I wish Rosenblatt was still around instead of TD Ameritrade Sterile Ballpark.  You either get it or you don’t. An air horn does not belong at a baseball game. Since the home season is wrapped up, I won’t worry about it again unless it shows up next season. 

the only reason they can do it is because they are outside the stadium.  airhorns aren't allowed at NCAA event.

as an aside: even though we lost I am glad I  made the trek with my son in 2009 to the finals with LSU at Rosenblatt. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, tejas60 said:

this is starting to get weird.

Well when our admissions office fucks up sometimes and let’s in should be aggys, shit like this happens. Oh well. We’ll build an army and take down these occupy fucks. Take their land. Slay their women. Then build a new left field where people of all cultures (except sooner and aggy and the OmaHogs) can gather and enjoy Texas baseball. Wait let me guess. One of the OLF dudes was the one that waved a broom at LSU after we swept them in 2019? Had to be. That’s their kind of corny behavior 

8 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Lotta folks in here needed a beer last night. Heaven forbid we have a home field advantage in any sport. 

If you think that horn provides any advantage whatsoever I don't know what I can do for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

So what we know at noon on Monday:

Cajun has sleuthed that UCF professor Tom Jones infiltrated OLF with a honker from the Wuhan Horn Institute.  Helob's playing dumb suggests his involvement.

This guy's good.

Damn!

You'll have a fine, lucrative career in journalism is you so desire to follow that path.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the only reason they can do it is because they are outside the stadium.  airhorns aren't allowed at NCAA event.

as an aside: even though we lost I am glad I  made the trek with my son in 2009 to the finals with LSU at Rosenblatt. 

Yep.

It's the old just because you can doesn't mean you should.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I know. Derka just glossed right over his obsession with UT MBB like it was nada 

i grew up within the UT MBB program. continuing to follow the program closely is not obsession. acting as if you own the grass behind the LF fence and going all "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!" when someone you don't like goes to a game is obsession. and it ain't like i haven't been there before. i've had BWG all up in my space at a UT hoops game, and i didn't act like an angry, petulant little child when it happened. i let him have his goofy little conversation with my dad, and i did my best to ignore his presence. the OLF guys are big boys. they can own the way they behave without you white knighting them.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

If you think that horn provides any advantage whatsoever I don't know what I can do for you.

Gagree.  

Baseball players at this level have been on a solo stage in a team game for the last 10-15 years of their lives.   From a very early age in the game you realize there is no hiding.  If you are pitching you have all eyes on you, batting same, when the ball is hit at you everything is concentrated on what you do....it's the reason the game folds up so many kids quickly.   Most baseball players at this level have developed a thick skin mental toughness very few in this world have.  They've failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over...and over in front of their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, classmates, girlfriends, coaches, scouts, and on and on and on.  Does all this mean they are immune to getting overwhelmed by the moment, a loud crowd getting into their head, etc....most certainly not. But beep beeba beep beep?. No, that shit does nothing to a baseball player.

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Gagree.  

Baseball players at this level have been on a solo stage in a team game for the last 10-15 years of their lives.   From a very early age in the game you realize there is no hiding.  If you are pitching you have all eyes on you, batting same, when the ball is hit at you everything is concentrated on what you do....it's the reason the game folds up so many kids quickly.   Most baseball players at this level have developed a thick skin mental toughness very few in this world have.  They've failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over...and over in front of their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, classmates, girlfriends, coaches, scouts, and on and on and on.  Does all this mean they are immune to getting overwhelmed by the moment, a loud crowd getting into their head, etc....most certainly not. But beep beeba beep beep?. No, that shit does nothing to a baseball player.

Yep.

It annoys fans and that's it.  Full stop.

Any idiot thinking it provides an advantage for the team is, well, just an idiot.

Edited by Cajun

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Gagree.  

Oh, and obligatory --

That's a good point Truman.

Just now, texanbychoice said:

I’m not in LF but, holy shit you pussies will bitch about anything.

“OMGZ OUR FUN BASEBALL PARTY CROWD IS TOO LOUD AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE CONCENTRATING ON SCORING THE GAME WITH MY PENCIL AND PAPER!!!!!”

says the guy with the soccer avatar....

• Haha 8