Don't take pictures of giraffes, either.

Beau Vine

Award-winning filmmaker Carlos Carvalho died after an accident while shooting the ITV series Wild at HeartHe was tragically killed when a giraffe attacked him while he was getting a shot of the animal.

Carvalho had been working on the majority of the series about a British family who have set up a game lodge in South Africa. While shooting a closeup of Gerald the giraffe’s body and feet at the Glen Afric Country Lodge, the animal became “inquisitive” and headbutted him sending him 16 feet in the air and causing massive head injuries.

After the attack, he was airlifted to Johannesburg’s Milpark Hospital. He died on Wednesday night from his injuries. The announcement of his death was made via a statement on the film crew agency CallaCrew’s Facebook page: “It is with a very sad heart that we have to announce the passing of Carlos Carvalho‚ one of our favourite DOP’s. Carlos was filming a feature at Glen Afric and had a fatal run in with a giraffe on set. He was flown to Milpark Hospital but succumbed to his injuries 20:50 last night. Our thoughts and condolences go out to Carlo’s family and friends during this very sad time. He will be sorely missed.”

I'm  guessing Gerald is Geoffrey's brother or cousin or something. 

Honestly that is a pretty freaking kick ass way to die. It's way better than working at a big cat park and getting mauled or trying to take a selfie with an injured bear. When I go, I want to be done in by a wild animal in mother nature like that. Like I want a silverback gorilla to rip my head off of my neck or something in a lowland jungle. 

7 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm  guessing Gerald is Geoffrey's brother or cousin or something. 

Honestly that is a pretty freaking kick ass way to die. It's way better than working at a big cat park and getting mauled or trying to take a selfie with an injured bear. When I go, I want to be done in by a wild animal in mother nature like that. Like I want a silverback gorilla to rip my head off of my neck or something in a lowland jungle. 

Username sorta checks out

7 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

What is cool about stuff like this - cause of death on the death certificate.  I saw a death certificate a couple years ago, cause of death - killed by ostrich.  So much better than natural causes, pulmonary embolism, etc.  

"Choked on vomit" is good, too, but not as good as "just exploded."