Cracker kills clerk over masking

Armybrat

https://www.wspa.com/news/state-news/georgia-supermarket-cashier-shot-to-death-deputy-wounded-in-mask-dispute-sheriff/

DECATUR, Ga. (NEXSTAR) – A triple shooting at a Georgia grocery store Monday afternoon started with a dispute over a mask and left a cashier dead and both the suspect and a deputy wounded, authorities say.

The suspect, 30-year-old Victor Lee Tucker, Jr., of Palmetto, Georgia, was checking out when he got into an argument about his mask with a female cashier at Big Bear Supermarket in Decatur, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Tucker walked out without buying anything but immediately returned, pulling out a handgun and allegedly shooting the cashier shortly after 1 p.m. She was rushed to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

God bless a tremendous defender of freedoms.

Absolutely.  Man is a goddamn patriot of the highest order.  I am personally calling for a Patriot Legal Fund to help defray his defense costs 'cause Freedom.  He deserves a statue!  It'd be so weird if his primary voting record and federal election campaign contributions were easily available.  Damn infringement on his rights, that'd be! 

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Solid pic to thread title alignment.

Speaking of alignment, surprised he could shoot straight...

When we talk death penalty, this is a prime candidate for taking out the motherfucker next week and not wasting time and resources on his ass.

Edited by slorch

This seems similar to some of the mask refusers I've seen here in Austin.  They almost always look like people coming into the city from the country.  Need the city folks' stores, but aren't going to let the city slickers tell them what to do.  Palmetto vs. Decatur fits that pattern.  Decatur is right next to Atlanta, is on the subway, etc.  Palmetto is a hick town at the far southwestern edge of lower Fulton County

9 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Like being low.  Good grief.  What a timeline.  

My least favorite Cracker song, by virtue of overplay.  But I figure more recognizable for the masses.

What the world needs now is a new kind of tension, cuz the old one just bores me to death.

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

78e6c335445c9d6599bbc88eceb65c70.jpg

Don’t drop the soap. ID of victim still unknown. Could she have been so uppity as to tell him to wear a mask?

15 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Hmmmm.... which pic is the correct one?

Doesn’t matter, give him the needle ASAP.

9FB9B803-EDA8-4873-A246-37CF4EC66D8E.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

51 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Hmmmm.... which pic is the correct one?

Doesn’t matter, give him the needle ASAP.

9FB9B803-EDA8-4873-A246-37CF4EC66D8E.jpeg

Looks like the first image was wrong and was of another person, Dylan Bruce Painter, for another crime. I simply don't understand the intense hatred of masks. But I also don't understand murder, so I guess I'm not the target market. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

convince me the dude originally labeled as the murderer shouldn't be in jail just because....

Because we live in a society where people are innocent until proven guilty. Are you suggesting we throw people in jail because of the color of their skin?

36 minutes ago, Hate said:

I guess you missed that the OP posted a picture of the wrong person. The actually killer in this situation probably doesn’t fit the stereotype you perpetuated here.

It’s a fair point I’m allowing my prejudices to form some assumptions in this instance, but stereotypes? Man, it’s a cultural movement. The people I just described are very real and make it a point to do each of those things.  

It’s a fair point I’m allowing my prejudices to form some assumptions in this instance, but stereotypes? Man, it’s a cultural movement. The people I just described are very real and make it a point to do each of those things.  

Right, but none were the shooter in this instance.

48 minutes ago, Hate said:

I guess you missed that the OP posted a picture of the wrong person. The actually killer in this situation probably doesn’t fit the stereotype you perpetuated here.

Actually, My OP did not have a pic of the perp. Just assumed that an anti-masker with a whitebread name would be a cracker. 
My bad.

Gator posted the incorrect photo..

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Crazy how things escalate these days. I'm sure it's always occurred to some point and maybe we just hear about these things more now.

Imagine if people just took a few deep breaths and walked away, when they start to see red. 

Tribalism gone amuck. It's sad, really, because we have way more in common than what divides us. But no one gets elected or sells news stories based on that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1