2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

Fuck Vanderbilt and those whistling cunts but Arizona didn't deserve to win that game.  They fucked around entirely too much.  But on the plus side, they burned some of Vandy's pitching.  If NC State can continue to play giant killer and put them into the losers bracket, they might be fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hairy Biped said:

Fuck Vanderbilt and those whistling cunts but Arizona didn't deserve to win that game.  They fucked around entirely too much.  But on the plus side, they burned some of Vandy's pitching.  If NC State can continue to play giant killer and put them into the losers bracket, they might be fucked.

Yeah, once they fell behind they never seemed like a team that would come back and win.  Just tying the game seemed to be all they could do.  

NC State is a bit of a cypher.  One of those teams you expect to suddenly realize they are in way over their heads: some do, some don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Fantastic Aggy win!

hgc159 said:
The regionals were a 4-team, double-elimination tournament played over 3 days. Each bracket in Omaha is the same 4-team, double elimination tournament format, but is played over the span of a week. Starting pitching is more important here. After those have been narrowed to two teams, pitching depth will become a bigger factor in the championship series.

I think Vandy will come out of Bracket 1 and Texas out of Bracket 2. Texas wins the Championship series in 3 close games.
Vandy could conceivably go through the series this way, if they win:

Sat 6/19 Rocker
Mon 6/21 Leiter
Fri 6/25 Rocker (bracket championship)
Mon 6/28 Leiter (G1 of championship series)
Tue 6/29 Rocker or, if they win G1, rest Rocker one more day for if necessary game.

Now, if they trip up and lose, they have to use some depth and are a completely different team, but if they stay on schedule, they will be tough to beat.

AZ fucked that one up, but vandy needs Leiter to go deep in game 2 and win it, to not be in a tough spot for game 3.

If nothing else, this should be eye opening to our guys the importance for getting ahead and staying ahead early in Omaha. Also the whole don't leave runners stranded part, but I don't want to trigger anyone on here...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Clearly you didn’t watch our Super. The air horn thing will make YOU want to be Aggy. 

I hate the airhorn, but that shit isn't even close to being as annoying as the whistlers.  Fuck those guys.  I can't believe that the NCAA would allow them to be such an annoying and distracting presence at those games.  It ruins the experience for other fans and even the broadcast audience.  There's a rule against "noise makers" at NCAA events.  How are they any different from a cowbell or airhorn?  

Edited by Hairy Biped

10 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Also the whole don't leave runners stranded part, but I don't want to trigger anyone on here...

The biggest issues in this game were fielding for Zona and starting pitching for Vandy. Those can both always go south for any team but typically they are more consistent than hitting. And we are probably the best team in the country at the former and maybe the 2nd best team in the country at the latter.

I'm liking our odds more after today's games. 

Edited by ztejas

AZ fucked that one up, but vandy needs Leiter to go deep in game 2 and win it, to not be in a tough spot for game 3.
If nothing else, this should be eye opening to our guys the importance for getting ahead and staying ahead early in Omaha. Also the whole don't leave runners stranded part, but I don't want to trigger anyone on here...

2057118d3f414c647ba391e5846a943c.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Question for strategy nerds:

Why play the infield in there with one out? You don't need to come home with the ball if you get a good double play ball. So why not play normal double play depth?  Especially since I don't think that batter is one of their faster runners. If they had been playing normal double play depth, there's a chance they get to that grounder and turn it. Instead, it sneaks past the infield.

What keeps rocker from coming back or at least being on alert for game 3? It’s 4 days away.

5 of their 9 most oft-used hitters are Lefties.  Obviously they can change that up, but found that interesting.  

They don't walk all that much, they don't strike out all that much.  Despite a small(er) ballpark, dimensions wise, they have good power but nothing great.  They are a single/doubles team, walks and power come well after.  Some speed on the basepaths that cannot be ignored.  I'm guessing Pierce and his staff scouted them and felt, despite all the lefties, that Madden was the guy to pitch them to contact and let his defense and his home park away from home do the rest of the work.  

Let's just stay outta the loser's bracket.  Be a nice Father's Day gift.  

7 hours ago, Balcones said:

Why the fuck are we staring Madden?

The decision is not beyond question, but it does appear that he's regained form over the last couple of games.

That said, he is not our best starter and I hope he is on a very short leash.  One walk and Pierce needs to have his front foot on the step.  Two in a row and it's hook time.

And we need to swipe some shit on the base paths.  Keep the pressure on and cook up some pucker factor.

There can be ZERO brain-dead, "WTF was he thinking" bullshit out there though.

These guys need to be razor sharp between the ears.

12 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Jump out to a 4-0 lead in the first then  deep dick them into submission with Ks, defense, and mental toughness. Nerves are for teams that don’t belong in Omaha. Set the tone, fuck bitches, and get it done. 

disregard-females-acquire-currency.jpg

Bitches must be kicked.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

I hate the airhorn, but that shit isn't even close to being as annoying as the whistlers.  Fuck those guys.  I can't believe that the NCAA would allow them to be such an annoying and distracting presence at those games.  It ruins the experience for other fans and even the broadcast audience.  There's a rule against "noise makers" at NCAA events.  How are they any different from a cowbell or airhorn?  

The thing that gets me is that these guys KNOW that it irritates everybody around them and they continue to do it. It’s all about them. They’ve been sucker punched by fans, threatened with ejection, etc. Don’t care. Still do it. Same thing with the air horn. ME ME ME. He won’t be an issue in Omaha because there isn’t a spot there where you can freeload the games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes every inning.  It was like synchronized swimming and they had a different routine for every inning.

That’s odd. Wonder why they felt the need to go out on the field when running to the pole and back every other inning is works just fine.