2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

5 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I think Zona wins last night if they get that strike call for an out and leave that kid in.

fuck... that was such an obvious strike....  

but if the umps (both college and MLB) keep fucking up the ball strike calls bad we are gonna have laser stike zones... much sooner rather than later. 

the fans arent gonna keep putting up with Angel Hernandez's shit when we can now clearly see the dude is just making up the calls as he goes along. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

15 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

that was literally the poster child reason for bunting with a  1 run game with 2 on no out. 

you get the bunt down, advance the runners and that long fly out suddenly becomes a sac run.   

As long as the hitter gets the absolute exact pitch at the same speed in the same location with a runner on 3rd.

2 minutes ago, BERT said:

That dad getting to watch his son play in the CWS and he probably wasn’t even supposed to still be around. That’s what it’s all about. Touching. 

I'm watching with the sound off but get the feeling there's a backstory. What's up?

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm watching with the sound off but get the feeling there's a backstory. What's up?

Dad diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer a few years ago.  couldnt visit sons games the last 2 years.... hes supposedly now cancer free with very frequent check ups

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bullneck said:

Dad had pancreatic cancer. Son almost didn’t go off to college to spend time with family. Dad went through chemo and is now cancer free getting checked every 3 months. 

now he’s in the stands watching his son hit a home run and drive in the first two runs. Just awesome. 

first Father’s Day without my dad so this is a little emotional for me over here. 

• Hook 'Em 5