2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

4 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Ughh that dude was crap thru the year but put it together and can throw 3 legit pitches and will be drafted whenever he is eligible. 

so are you jealous we waited him out and worked him, till we could square him up and then finally get a big hit against him. 

But you couldn't do that against Bednar? Sorry... 

No I'm not jealous. We won convincingly today against a team that was a higher national seed than you. We also went yard on your fat reliever and had 2 more hits before coming up short in the bottom of the 9th. 

You're a solid team and peaking at the right time but Texas is plenty capable of handing you 2 losses. We lost one series all year. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Don't we have a resident UVA poster on here from way on way back when?  Hard to get a read on their staff when their 4th starter no-hits one of the better offensive teams in Omaha through 7.  Fucking weird.  Cavs staff gets murky from here on out.  And not in a predictable way.  

Looking at their staff, I suspect we'll see a cohort staff approach for 5-7 innings.  Savino is the obvious choice for pure starter, but Vasil and Messinger (who only went 9 pitches tonight).  I think there's a hodge-podge in there before turning it over to their even more mediocre bullpen.  

I don't expect a slug-fest.  All you want is Hansen for 7 full innings.  And have him ready to go again on Tuesday of finals if we make it that far.  UVA is obviously scrappy, or they wouldn't make it this far.  We're gonna have a weird game on Thursday night.  But it's on to face MSU this weekend.  

1-1024x576.jpg

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

No I'm not jealous. We won convincingly today against a team that was a higher national seed than you. We also went yard on your fat reliever and had 2 more hits before coming up short in the bottom of the 9th. 

You're a solid team and peaking at the right time but Texas is plenty capable of handing you 2 losses. We lost one series all year. 

I already told you.. tn was a joke. they couldn't consistently hit when they aren't at home with the short porch.  t 

Well we beat the highest seed left in omaha. so what does that say about that team? come on man.. brining up seeding in Omaha after 2 rounds??

You lost one series all year in the Big 12... congrats, look around and see where the rest of your conference ended their season. 

but you showed your ability to make a credible argument when you went after simms for being fat??? ugh that's some serious butthurt over him being one of the best relivers in the nation. 

• Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, msudawg said:

I do too my friend., I'll be watching and cheering for ya. (even with some of the fans here living in the past) 

We are all degenerates on this site, don't think we speak for Texas fans in general.

I do have to say sitting there watching your fans getting fired up and Sims pitch and the MSU team getting hyped I am not super confident about our chances of beating you twice. Especially as we are going to get Bednar and McLeod who have already beaten us.

But hey I would like the opportunity to see us do so.

Somewhere A&M is dogpiling after that comeback tonight. The other 13 SEC teams are the pride of College Station.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'd expect it to be really similar to today's game honestly.

today was weird for the first half, then it just settled into a momentum shift being held under control by Texas.  Only the fans and the announcers had no fucking idea that was happening, only the two rosters did.  Today's game was actually far more out of reach than 8-4 suggests.  UVA is gonna go even more "all-hands-on-deck" (I hate that phrase in baseball) in terms of pitching.  It's gonna grind on us.  We're probably gonna again win by 3-4 like today but it's gonna feel like a 1-run game for 5 hours.  They don't have the talent of arms of the Vols but they are awash in situational guys.  Their fielding is solid, they do walk guys, I think we won't be as bloodthirsty as today, we may be more measured as we look ahead.  I think we ride Hansen for 7 innings and just methodically deal with their bullshit and win 5-2.  I know it's one game at a time, yadayadayada...but at some level it's okay for us fans to look at how we stack up for the weekend with MSU.  

A week ago, I said eventual pitching attrition showdown with MSU for 2 games the following weekend.  I didn't see us both getting there the way we are, but it's coming nonetheless.  This thing is going to Saturday with Horns and Dawgs.  And it's gonna be about pitching.  Ain't no 12-10 SEC bullshit in this bracket this season in this Omaha incarnation.  Just gonna be weird how it all shakes out is all.  But in arms race.....bet on the side with the actual fucking arms.  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We are all degenerates on this site, don't think we speak for Texas fans in general.

I do have to say sitting there watching your fans getting fired up and Sims pitch and the MSU team getting hyped I am not super confident about our chances of beating you twice. Especially as we are going to get Bednar and McLeod who have already beaten us.

Somewhere A&M is dogpiling after that comeback tonight. The other 13 SEC teams are the pride of College Station.

might of been the biggest win in msu baseball history. biggest comeback in cws history i believe.

that confidence  bleeds into the next game.  just wow. 

you start to believe even more. is this the year. what never has happened could. 

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

oh sorry. you wont get macloud. you will get harding on friday and bednar on saturday if needed. 

Just now, sidis said:

not even remotely fucking close.

minnesota came back from down 11-2 to win a game 12-11 in 1960 against usc.

Neither of those are SEC so it doesn’t count. All history must be rewritten for the SEC

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, sidis said:

He's confused. It's tied for the biggest comeback at Ameritrade. Obviously there have been bigger comebacks in the CWS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

my dad committed the ultimate baseball sin tonight and handed MSU the win...dude text me at the end of the 7th with "hey did you see that the hoos have a no-hitter going against mississippi state through 7?"  

jeez.  no surprise what happened next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Don't we have a resident UVA poster on here from way on way back when?  Hard to get a read on their staff when their 4th starter no-hits one of the better offensive teams in Omaha through 7.  Fucking weird.  Cavs staff gets murky from here on out.  And not in a predictable way.  

Looking at their staff, I suspect we'll see a cohort staff approach for 5-7 innings.  Savino is the obvious choice for pure starter, but Vasil and Messinger (who only went 9 pitches tonight).  I think there's a hodge-podge in there before turning it over to their even more mediocre bullpen.  

I don't expect a slug-fest.  All you want is Hansen for 7 full innings.  And have him ready to go again on Tuesday of finals if we make it that far.  UVA is obviously scrappy, or they wouldn't make it this far.  We're gonna have a weird game on Thursday night.  But it's on to face MSU this weekend.  

I hate the word cohort.  It's so  . . . MBA.

Well, I got tired of using the term "patchwork" and "hodge-podge" and Ben McDonald killed five thesauri in Omaha...so here we fucking are (dangling prepositions and all).  

Virginia has a group of pitchers who will throw baseballs at us on Thursday. And it'll be to their detriment.  It ain't Shakespeare, but then again that fucking gimp wouldn't hit above the .200 Marlowe line to save his life.  

Just now, TornACL said:

The term you're seeking is Johnny Wholestaff.

I'm sorry, but out of respect for South Austin's Mom's mud room, I don't care for that term.  

(I know that term but as a high school middle-relief scrub, we don't care for that derogatory vernacular) 

39 minutes ago, msudawg said:

might of been the biggest win in msu baseball history. biggest comeback in cws history i believe.

that confidence  bleeds into the next game.  just wow. 

you start to believe even more. is this the year. what never has happened could. 

I know. I fucking hate playing THAT team.

But as UVA showed tonight Cinderella can only dance so long. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, I got tired of using the term "patchwork" and "hodge-podge" and Ben McDonald killed five thesauri in Omaha...so here we fucking are (dangling prepositions and all).  

Virginia has a group of pitchers who will throw baseballs at us on Thursday. And it'll be to their detriment.  It ain't Shakespeare, but then again that fucking gimp wouldn't hit above the .200 Marlowe line to save his life.  

wait, no love for "Johnny all"?

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, sidis said:

I must have misread then (my mistake) they said 4 runs was the biggest comeback.. (maybe since the new format?) i thought. either way. it was a damn special win. 

I’d feel confident if I was Mississippi state after watching bednars performance against us and a big comeback win, but it’s probably a bit overdone from drunk msufan.

as @NeverMarryAStripper posted, it took a record setting performance from him, and they escaped in the bottom of the 9th.

I’d be willing to bet that we learned something from that abysmal hitting performance now that we have tape, and perhaps a normal strike zone.

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I know. I fucking hate playing THAT team.

But as UVA showed tonight Cinderella can only dance so long. 

Our kids grew up watching Texas win in Omaha.  The program has a way of carrying itself.  One legend made after another. MSU might be the team this year but I’ll take our chances riding with the Texas mystique versus their “could this be the year” momentum. University of Texas at Omaha baby.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, sidis said:

my dad committed the ultimate baseball sin tonight and handed MSU the win...dude text me at the end of the 7th with "hey did you see that the hoos have a no-hitter going against mississippi state through 7?"  

jeez.  no surprise what happened next.

If you don't mind please make sure his phone is off on Thursday, thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

We mostly learned we can't hit Bednar.

He pitched the game of his life. He's usually a double digit K guy but that performance was far and above from normal. If you saw him again, I would think you would have better results. 

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I’d feel confident if I was Mississippi state after watching bednars performance against us and a big comeback win, but it’s probably a bit overdone from drunk msufan.

as @NeverMarryAStripper posted, it took a record setting performance from him, and they escaped in the bottom of the 9th.

I’d be willing to bet that we learned something from that abysmal hitting performance now that we have tape, and perhaps a normal strike zone.

Maybe. wasn't drunk unless drunk on excitement.  

If you think all they need is tape, you should have already had that from February. If you mean on Bednar, why didn't they have tape from 14 starts /80 IP he has thrown this year?  Won't matter. won't see Bednar till Saturday at the earliest.. if even then. 

24 minutes ago, msudawg said:

He pitched the game of his life. He's usually a double digit K guy but that performance was far and above from normal. If you saw him again, I would think you would have better results. 

Maybe. wasn't drunk unless drunk on excitement.  

If you think all they need is tape, you should have already had that from February. If you mean on Bednar, why didn't they have tape from 14 starts /80 IP he has thrown this year?  Won't matter. won't see Bednar till Saturday at the earliest.. if even then. 

I guess you'd wanna save him to open the Finals series on Monday, should MSU make it that far.  But I'd be tempted to throw him against Texas again on Friday (5 days rest) and then again on Tuesday or Wednesday of the finals series (4-5 days rest).  You hold him back for an "if necessary" start on Saturday, and that comes to fruition...he's burned for the finals, maybe for a limited possibility on Wednesday if it even goes that far.  

Ladies and Gentlemen, fuck all that MSU pitcher bullshit back and forth. Who gives a fuck? I don't care if they put Nolan Ryan in maroon and white and put his ass on the mound. This team just woke up and is about to start kicking ass and ripping throats. 

@msudawg you walk around like your shit don't stink?!? Well I got news for you, your shit does stink. It stinks like shit!

🤘🤠🤘 

Edited by Droopy
Texas is going to win.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I guess you'd wanna save him to open the Finals series on Monday, should MSU make it that far.  But I'd be tempted to throw him against Texas again on Friday (5 days rest) and then again on Tuesday or Wednesday of the finals series (4-5 days rest).  You hold him back for an "if necessary" start on Saturday, and that comes to fruition...he's burned for the finals, maybe for a limited possibility on Wednesday if it even goes that far.  

Yep... I see both sides of the point. We may be able to even save him past saturday depending on what Texas would be throwing, as it would your 5 game vs our 4th. 

We do still have Fristoe who was our 3rd starter for most of the year, Macloud could come back for another try after throwing less than 50 pitches, Cade Smith who got the win last night has made a few quality starts. Lots of options... but then you risk going home without throwing your best player. 

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, fuck all that MSU pitcher bullshit back and forth. Who gives a fuck? I don't care if they put Nolan Ryan in maroon and white and put his ass on the mound. This team just woke up and is about to start kicking ass and ripping throats. 

@msudawg you walk around like your shit don't stink?!? Well I got news for you, you shit does stink. It stinks like shit!

🤘🤠🤘 

Take care of UVA and bring on round 3 and 4 if needed. Cheers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

[mention=2729]msudawg[/mention] you walk around like your shit don't stink?!? Well I got news for you, your shit does stink. It stinks like shit!

Man I was really with you you to the end

Roses really smell like poopoooo.
Cmon
  • Haha 1