Golf. Serious Bidness

Shoxthemonkey

The perp looks like he might be a little douchey.

https://www.ksn.com/news/crime/man-arrested-after-fight-at-sand-creek-station-golf-course-during-a-qualifying-event-for-wichita-open/

Luke-Smith.jpg?w=856

The victim and suspect were golfing together as part of a qualifying event for the PGA Korn Ferry Tour Wichita Open. An argument began when the suspect and his father/caddy refused to help the victim look for an errant golf ball in the rough.

The suspect then punched the victim in the face and tackled him to the ground. He held the victim down until he said “uncle” and then released him.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

The perp looks like he might be a little douchey.

https://www.ksn.com/news/crime/man-arrested-after-fight-at-sand-creek-station-golf-course-during-a-qualifying-event-for-wichita-open/

Luke-Smith.jpg?w=856

The victim and suspect were golfing together as part of a qualifying event for the PGA Korn Ferry Tour Wichita Open. An argument began when the suspect and his father/caddy refused to help the victim look for an errant golf ball in the rough.

The suspect then punched the victim in the face and tackled him to the ground. He held the victim down until he said “uncle” and then released him.

His defense attorney needs to argue immunity under the Doctrine of Standard Grade School Rules.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

in jail, he's going to have balls drove into his hole. just like golf but more personal.

in jail, he'll have plenty of help finding his balls in the rough.

in jail, let the big dog eat will have new meaning.

in jail, dudes will yell Get in the Hole right before they get in the hole.

in jail, he'll be pitching with more than his just his wedge.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

why the fuck would you expect your opponent and his caddy to help you look for your shitty shot in the weeds?

It's customary to help your opponent to help look for their ball within reason, but it's also imperative that the person that hit the ball and their caddy to also lead the charge.  Apparently, the guy that hit the ball and his dad were really lax about helping the other 2 guys look for the ball they hit.  They also had not put the pin back in the hole several times.  Just a douche move by the guy and his dad.   And now he goes to jail for being a douche.  

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

why the fuck would you expect your opponent and his caddy to help you look for your shitty shot in the weeds?

It's amazing how quickly I always find my ball when it's in the weeds.  And almost without fail the lie is pretty good.  Uncanny really.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It's customary to help your opponent to help look for their ball within reason, but it's also imperative that the person that hit the ball and their caddy to also lead the charge.  Apparently, the guy that hit the ball and his dad were really lax about helping the other 2 guys look for the ball they hit.  They also had not put the pin back in the hole several times.  Just a douche move by the guy and his dad.   And now he goes to jail for being a douche.  

And the kid fucking sucks. He plays at Tennessee Martin and had a stroke average of 76 this year. Instead of daddy caddy paying for entries at Monday qualifiers on the KFT, he should spend more time on the range and in local am tournaments where he can play with people closer to his skill level. 

Fuck this kid and his dad with a snapped rusty shaft right in the ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pops said:

And the kid fucking sucks. He plays at Tennessee Martin and had a stroke average of 76 this year. Instead of daddy caddy paying for entries at Monday qualifiers on the KFT, he should spend more time on the range and in local am tournaments where he can play with people closer to his skill level. 

Fuck this kid and his dad with a snapped rusty shaft right in the ass. 

He'll make hundreds of dollars a week/month being an A player in Chamber/Charity golf tournaments in Weakley and surrounding counties.  

• Haha 1

Sand Creek Station is the closest "nice" golf course to me and the one we play when we aren't playing our 9-hole local CC. The native Bluestem rough is almost 2' deep by now and so thick that it is hard to walk through. Finding  a ball in that shit is tough. And the chiggers! There is a lot of it on that course but they are pretty fair about mowing enough area between the fairways and rough on most holes to mean that it takes a really poor shot to get in it. I would like to see the scorecard or play-by-play to see how much of the guntsch they were in through 7 holes. Not excusing the douchebags but I can see how it would be irritating. They still behaved like children and deserve all the scorn.

Like I said in another thread, if you're an asshole, pretty good bet that your kid will be an asshole. Asshole dad should be proud of his asshole son. What a pair douchebags.

Is the putter wielding dad, Oliver Smith of Memphis Tennessee, still the President of Capital Prime. Do the employees of Capital Prime know that they have a doucebag asshole is President?

1 minute ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Sand Creek Station is the closest "nice" golf course to me and the one we play when we aren't playing our 9-hole local CC. The native Bluestem rough is almost 2' deep by now and so thick that it is hard to walk through. Finding  a ball in that shit is tough. And the chiggers! There is a lot of it on that course but they are pretty fair about mowing enough area between the fairways and rough on most holes to mean that it takes a really poor shot to get in it. I would like to see the scorecard or play-by-play to see how much of the guntsch they were in through 7 holes. Not excusing the douchebags but I can see how it would be irritating. They still behaved like children and deserve all the scorn.

Sounds like Dailey was having a bad day of golf. I've been paired with a few people who had off days which screwed with my game. And I've had bad days of golf to screw with other people's game. Tis golf. Maybe the son started to play like shit because Daily was in the woods for most of the front 9 and needed to blame Dailey for ruining his chance.

23 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Sounds like Dailey was having a bad day of golf. I've been paired with a few people who had off days which screwed with my game. And I've had bad days of golf to screw with other people's game. Tis golf. Maybe the son started to play like shit because Daily was in the woods for most of the front 9 and needed to blame Dailey for ruining his chance.

I dont even think the not helping look is the most egregious part. Walking off the green without putting the pin back in is about as douchey as you can be. 

And no one screwed with his round. He played in 2 events for ut Martin this year. Both as an individual. He couldn't even crack top 5 on his own team.  He was swimming in water way over his head. 

I would post a link but he has been scrubbed from their website.  Looks like he got sifted at the fat stock show. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, pops said:

Looks like he got sifted at the fat stock show. 

11 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'm gonna guess this is a Texism? I've been around livestock most of my life and I never heard this before. I'm using this for sure.

I believe Vic is the originator of this quote. 

• Haha 3

On 6/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Shoxthemonkey said:

@pops posted this in the PGA thread elsewhere.

https://firepitcollective.com/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/

It gives a more detailed account of the kerfuffle.

The elder Smith allegedly waved a putter at Fribbs- and anyone else with an eye on jumping into the fracas. (Oliver Smith’s putter-waving was was later confirmed by another PGA Section official on site.)

I would have gone with a seven iron.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Perhaps posted in wrong thread but golf podcasts are my new deal.  Two favorites, SubPar (with Colt Knost and Drew Stotlz) and Chasing Scratch with Mike and Eli.  Subpar is PGA geared and interviews are always great.  The caddie interviews really open up as to what goes on inside and outside the ropes.  Chasing Scratch is about two guys who are trying everything to become scratch golfers.  Both are funny as shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Litig8r said:

Perhaps posted in wrong thread but golf podcasts are my new deal.  Two favorites, SubPar (with Colt Knost and Drew Stotlz) and Chasing Scratch with Mike and Eli.  Subpar is PGA geared and interviews are always great.  The caddie interviews really open up as to what goes on inside and outside the ropes.  Chasing Scratch is about two guys who are trying everything to become scratch golfers.  Both are funny as shit

It only lasted for 2 seasons and they are a little dated now but ClubProGuy Podcast (https://clubproguy.com/pages/podcasts) were hilarious. He has mostly moved his stuff to Youtube and Instagram. 

I am a fan of SubPar as well. Thanks for the rec. for Chasing Scratch. 

• Hook 'Em 1