MTV's The Challenge Season 37

shadow_operative

fucking A....

Spectrum fucking blows.   I literally have 1 channel that is not coming in.   all my channels work except....

you guessed it... MTV.

im now streaming it from the spectrum app, but I missed the first 10 mins.

and neither of my DVR's are able to record it because the channel is totally digital scrambles.     and tech support tells me they reset the systems.... yeah that didnt do shit. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

also, getting peeved again with the fucking producers artificially levelling the game.

that drone shot showing all 8 players in the water with the water scooters showed their wasnt a huge difference in space between them

I would be stunned if Emy and Nany finished that first puzzle in under 20 mins.  It looked like CT did it in 5.

yet that whole helicopter 1-4 shit really only gave each group  around 2-3 mins difference between the drops. so CT finishes probably 15 mins before the last 2, yet they get to catch up by being only around 9 mins behind when they drop. 

Sucks to see Emanuel go. They should have at least made him safe.  His stamina would have killed in a final. 

Devin w the “i played a perfect game” crap…stfu already   

Nelson always down to get mad at someone quick lol. Just bc Tori said his name he starts on a rant. Then acts like besties later. Oh and Nelson’s interviews are so cringy sometimes.  The way he hypes up stuff is weird. Again the are pushed to remind us “why they want to win”. But I am rooting for him.

Weak first day of final.  Looked like fun day of chopper ride and watersports with a little running. Pretty solid purple team now.  But we don’t know if the last leg of final will still be teams.  They will probably cut some people eventually. 

Ya I don't get the puzzle bullshit, I guess in the past it was thrown in there to balance it out for those who weren't the physical type.  And eventually some of the players keep requesting it over the seasons?  I agree there should be some "smarts" to this game, but it shouldn't have to be math problems on your own on the final elimination before the final.  These are (usually) fit challengers...let them do something physical.  3 puzzles in a row in an elimination is dumb. 

Even the use of a drone to drop the football was weird...lol.  At first I thought they were going to have to operate a drone when he announced the name.

Why would CT choose to be on Devin's team?  If he picked the other platform he would have ended with either Kyle or Nelson.  Devin's only strength is puzzles and CT is already good at those.  He has to assume the rest of the challenge will require a lot of endurance and Nelson and Kyle would be better at that.  Maybe he knew by picking Devin he would also end up with the first 2 girls to finish, but all of the girls seem strong.

56 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Why would CT choose to be on Devin's team?  If he picked the other platform he would have ended with either Kyle or Nelson.  Devin's only strength is puzzles and CT is already good at those.  He has to assume the rest of the challenge will require a lot of endurance and Nelson and Kyle would be better at that.  Maybe he knew by picking Devin he would also end up with the first 2 girls to finish, but all of the girls seem strong.

You're already going to be going at your slowest player's rate presumably, so as long as Devin is better than Emy/Tori he's fine and can help with any puzzle/logic things. On the other side you've got 4 chucklefucks who couldn't can't do a 4 piece puzzle and who have by far the weakest link in Nany. 

I don't think CT wants Kyle, but he should take Nelson.  Nelson can fukin fly, but he dumb dumb. 

Yet CT still breezes in runs and beats people at his age...cyborg.

Devin will be weak in endurance...but I could see Kyle giving up or being scare of something.  It's his first Final I think.

What if it ended up with an all girls team?   

Edited by utxmike05

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Devin will be weak in endurance...but I could see Kyle giving up or being scare of something.  It's his first Final I think.

What if it ended up with an all girls team?   

its not Kyle's first final.  Its his 3rd.  Including when he finished in 2nd place, the same final that Bananas won,  he finished ahead of Fessy the worthless. 

• Haha 1

Emanuel vs Devin...I was surprised Kyle was so safe from votes.

I get the Vet rule blah blah, but they didn't enforce the Vet rule to protect Amanda over Emy.  I get in that case they wanted the weaker Amanda gone, and they like Emy.  But sucks they didn't give the same respect to Emanuel he seems like a good dude...guessing they didn't want to face Emanuel in a final so activated the Vet rule.  He should have picked Kyle to come down...

Emanuel vs Devin...I was surprised Kyle was so safe from votes.
I get the Vet rule blah blah, but they didn't enforce the Vet rule to protect Amanda over Emy.  I get in that case they wanted the weaker Amanda gone, and they like Emy.  But sucks they didn't give the same respect to Emanuel he seems like a good dude...guessing they didn't want to face Emanuel in a final so activated the Vet rule.  He should have picked Kyle to come down...

I can’t find where I saw it now but I read somewhere that Amanda had to leave because production had run long due to quarantine delays and she was only allowed to be gone a certain amount of time due to her kid and court/custody issues so they had her go in and throw an elimination (not that she would have won anyway once she was in it) rather than her just mysteriously leaving.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

I can’t find where I saw it now but I read somewhere that Amanda had to leave because production had run long due to quarantine delays and she was only allowed to be gone a certain amount of time due to her kid and court/custody issues so they had her go in and throw an elimination (not that she would have won anyway once she was in it) rather than her just mysteriously leaving.

Interesting.  That would explain the crying and TJ giving her a nice goodbye....instead of ripping her for being lazy in some challenges.

unless Kaycee and Kyle talked and Kaycee refused to work with Kyle, I honestly am stunned Kyle didnt take Kaycee with the first pic.  She was clearly the best of the best of the women. 

would have been interesting if Kyle went with Kaycee..... how would the other 4 have been able to pick their partners?....

I am not sure if CT would have won with Tori.  He definitely wouldnt have won this specific  final challenge with Emy. 

just read an article where Kaycee only had 4.5 months from her injury surgery in the previous challenge till this one.  She's still not 100%.   and it turned out that in a drunken moment during a day off towards the end of the season, she slipped and slammed her toe into a corner...  turned out it was dislocated and broken, and she knew it was really fucked, but refused to let the doctor look at it, because she didnt want the producers to kick her off for a broken toe.   She only got it looked at and semi fixed after the final.

thats some fucking pain control and balls to run that final course with a broken toe.

• Hook 'Em 1

I always enjoy seeing a new champion crowned in sports (or sorta sports).  It's nice that Fessy's buddy got there before her, without him helping in any way.  Happy for Kaycee.  Fucking CT.  I don't know what they do with him.  I guess you throw him into the elimination every week and hope he doesn't pick you to go against.   He's so good in these finals.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

just read an article where Kaycee only had 4.5 months from her injury surgery in the previous challenge till this one.  She's still not 100%.   and it turned out that in a drunken moment during a day off towards the end of the season, she slipped and slammed her toe into a corner...  turned out it was dislocated and broken, and she knew it was really fucked, but refused to let the doctor look at it, because she didnt want the producers to kick her off for a broken toe.   She only got it looked at and semi fixed after the final.

thats some fucking pain control and balls to run that final course with a broken toe.

see this is why i like Kaycee. she's a true competitor, so much more so than most of the females they bring on these days. now if she would just wise up and stop working with Fessy.

6 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I always enjoy seeing a new champion crowned in sports (or sorta sports).  It's nice that Fessy's buddy got there before her, without him helping in any way.  Happy for Kaycee.  Fucking CT.  I don't know what they do with him.  I guess you throw him into the elimination every week and hope he doesn't pick you to go against.   He's so good in these finals.  

Agreed. Happy for Kaycee…after that brutal twist to go against Nany.  I mean what are the odds they would end up on same orange cell and finish second to end up in that elimination. Damn. Great redemption for her after last season.  Maybe she will cut her ties w Fessy. 

CT is the GOAT…. his character straight up intimidates everyone, nobody ever wants to vote him in….and he is hard to hate these days.  He gets to just skate on thru because of his rep. He earned it. We’ll see if anyone ever gets ballsy to go after him…

I like the twist with final elimination, but was it always guaranteed we would end up with 2girl+2guy cells? What if Orange cell has 3 girls. Maybe I missed a rule when they formed cells on the podium…that it had to be even girl to boy. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Kam & Leroy are having a kid, that pretty much guarantees they’ll be back in future seasons to beat us over the head with it. 

It guarantees Kam is coming back, but I really think Leroy got tired of getting worked every fucking year and "for realz" retired. 

Amanda is insufferable. It’s common for a chic like her to not like another chic mostly out of jealously.   Amanda is the toxic bossy kind that has no problem talking shit to people but wont look at herself when people call her out. Still hot though. 

wtf is Josh wearing? W the necklaces…

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party because I bailed a couple months ago and just let them build up on the DVR then finally watched all of them.  

Glad CT won.  He will always be one of my favorites.

Don't give a shit about Kaycee.  She was actually pretty worthless in this whole final, then got the gift of a lifetime when she was able to A - face Nany and B-select her own partner.  

Season is so long I didn't even remember about 3 of the people that were on the reunion