MTV's The Challenge Season 37

shadow_operative

This site just may finally get my $. She is lookin great on insta but lil thicc thicc on the show. Love her

Didn’t realize she had OF until she answered some Q&A on insta and mentioned why she signed up  

541847EE-3847-4C87-B189-3625CEB25978.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05

From her side, it doesnt sound like Lauren C was kicked out due to  CV19, sounds like she popped off and made a claim that freaked MTV's legal team out.  The article seems to imply she got edited out of the first episode really hard as well. 

anyway... I laughed at the show focusing on Josh "working out" early on today.... had to laugh, cause that tool only acts like hes working out. 

this season will go by pretty quickly if they keep eliminating 2 players every episode.

sorta stunned Fessy didnt throw CT, Devin, Nelson or Kyle in the challenge right away. 

Emy is a complete nutjob. Lol. Could see her having a Bear-like trajectory where she is either the worst- or best thing happening in an episode/season.

Anyone know details on Ed's alleged Ivy League education?

I don't know ~40% of the cast, but someone was wearing the hell out of a red top when they went out:

Screenshot (164).png

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Anyone know details on Ed's alleged Ivy League education?

Mechanical Engineering degree from Cornell.  He was working in the "helicopter industry" before doing The Circle.  He was on the podcast Tori and Aneesa do and he seems kind of awesome.  I'll be rooting for him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Lol. How did homeboy catch a concussion? And him finishing naked was pretty damn funny in the moment

that 30 foot jump is my guess.  Michelle (?) fucked up her nose on the same jump. 

Concussions are weird. sometime its lights out immediately ,other times its a delayed response.    Although he said something like, "he couldnt remember anything after the cave" to the rest of the contestants after he was attended to by the medics.

5 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

If you want to see some real NSFW, check out Bear's twitter.

LINK

Might be easier to list what drugs/PEDS he isn't on now. I feel like he had a brief window in his second season where he was going to be a good character for the Challenge, now he's straight up eurotrash.

I wondered if Tommy got his head bashed against the cave wall trying to swim through, but I'm not a concussion expert.

I'm surprised the vets chose the weakest all rookie team to into elimination this early. Why not save them for later and take another shot at Michele and Corey since they came within a second of winning?

Enjoying a lot of the new rookies (although some are waist of space) and the vets having to ban together (although some will be snakes to each other eventually).

I feel like the format is all over the place. 

-Wasn't a team eliminated on ep 1....and now it has gone to only single eliminations? And also it will now rotate male/female weeks?  Seems they don't even announce the format to us until it has happening.

-Also a team gets voted in by the house, but the "agency" can throw in any male & female player.  I like it, but can't recall if ep 1 was like that. Teams are gona change so much...at least you won't be weighed down by a shitty/un-liked partner, you just gotta be on good terms with the agency to stay safe.

Ed is awesome. He was goofy as hell on the podcast.

I was kinda curious to see Kelz compete against CT or Cory or Fessy.  But kinda glad he can't stick around to plow Tori.

Apparently that elimination with the poles/ladder was over an hour long...brutal.  No wonder they looked whopped.  Podcast said they paused it to remove the go pro cameras from their chest which was interfering with the poles.

Edited by utxmike05

Fessy is the guy who always thinks hes playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.    But what he doesnt realize is the chessboard has 64 squares in it, not the 16 he sees.

hes only seeing 1/4 of the board  and he thinks his mad strength skills are gonna save him. 

Hughie might be smart but hes not long for this challenge.  being that much of a pussy about any remote height is a guarantee he never finishes a season.   and he almost got himself dealth with today. 

these dailies where there's no action and nobody puts their hands on each other are lame as hell. luckily the second half of the episode brought enough heat for whole 90 minutes. i was a big fan of Kaycee when she won BB, but her undying loyalty to Fessy has me over her. i hope she and fessy team up and go home together. and the mere fact that Josh is now Fessy's nemesis makes me 100% root for Josh now. that's how much i can't stand Fessy. 

they need to go back to the Free Agents format, and they need to make the dailies more physical, on the ground, hand to hand competition like they used to. this format is severely hindering the amount of natural drama that we would see with the FA format, and today's daily was sadly one of my favorites of the season, simply because you had to compete and be athletic in order to do well. i still love the show, but it could be 10x better.

also, Fessy, you hilarious moron. you're trying reeeeaaaal hard to become the first person to ever be named "worst strategist ever" on both Big Brother and The Challenge. You have the all-vet alliance, an alliance which is running the house so smoothly that no gets have even seen an elimination, much less gone home. then within that alliance you have the BB alliance, comprised of two BB winners, a Challenge champion, and Fessy (lmao). lb for lb those four are good enough to carry each other to the end. what does Fessy do? he blows up both alliances in one move for zero discernible reason, and then insists that he did nothing wrong. smh. you're such a clown dude. 

and Kaycee? what happened to you? you were my favorite BB winner since Derrick L and now you're Fessy's little lap dog, undyingly loyal to him because...???? you're arrogant, you talk down, you're not a team player- i never thought i would see this from you. Fessy boned you and abandoned you in the final last year and that's who you're loyal to? whatever girl. i hope both of y'all make the final and come in last together. 

On 9/2/2021 at 12:43 AM, shadow_operative said:

these dailies where there's no action and nobody puts their hands on each other are lame

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

they need to make the dailies more physical, on the ground, hand to hand competition like they used to.

Very rarely have the dailies ever been hand to hand, There was a wrestling on the truck one a few years ago but it was an exception not the rule. Many of the challenges in the ”Good Old Days” often resembled carnival games. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Very rarely have the dailies ever been hand to hand, There was a wrestling on the truck one a few years ago but it was an exception not the rule. Many of the challenges in the ”Good Old Days” often resembled carnival games. 

"very rarely"? i don't think so. i recently went back and watched every season that's on paramount plus, and they has physical, on the ground dailies all of the time. and if they weren't physical and on the ground then they were usually physical and above water. no having one partner just ha f'ing there and then yelling out "dash dash dot!", no having one partner tossing little tony bags out of a helicopter, no people strapped to sports cars doing whatever is happening next week- but actual challenges where people have to prove themselves physically and competitively, one way or another. the daily we just saw is an example of what i'm talking about. 

12 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Is Hughie the new Shane or Frank? These fucking gays, I swear.

This episode probably could have been about 15 minutes. 

I know we have had them.... but my brain is not remembering the last time we had a mentally strong, as well as physically competent gay male contestant.

There have been multiple strong-ish gay females that were physically good against other women, and even a few that had some mental skills as well.

almost all the LBGQT "males" I can remember in the last 5+ years have kinda presented themselves as the "classical" view of how a stylized gay man would act.  Which is really surprising considering that MTV was on the vanguard of presenting LBGQT personas to most of middle America.

Shane was mentally strong, but not that great in any physical challenge.  Frank was kinda worthless.

wasnt there a guy about 5-8 seasons ago who lasted 1 episode when the very first challenge was to skydive out of a plane and he couldnt get out the door?