MTV's The Challenge Season 37

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I know we have had them.... but my brain is not remembering the last time we had a mentally strong, as well as physically competent gay male contestant.

There have been multiple strong-ish gay females that were physically good against other women, and even a few that had some mental skills as well.

almost all the LBGQT "males" I can remember in the last 5+ years have kinda presented themselves as the "classical" view of how a stylized gay man would act.  Which is really surprising considering that MTV was on the vanguard of presenting LBGQT personas to most of middle America.

Shane was mentally strong, but not that great in any physical challenge.  Frank was kinda worthless.

wasnt there a guy about 5-8 seasons ago who lasted 1 episode when the very first challenge was to skydive out of a plane and he couldnt get out the door?

What about Corey L from this season?  I'd say he doesn't fit the mold.  I recently watched all the seasons available on Paramount and Frank was not worthless.  As far as challenges go, I'd say he bordered on badass.  He was one of the biggest bitches ever, right there with Shane.  But he was a hell of a competitor.  

I believe the guy who wouldn't jump out of the plane was Nate from Are You The One.  He almost made it to the final that season, but he bitched out on the eating comp and didn't finish.  

Edited by Go Pokes

On 9/2/2021 at 12:43 AM, shadow_operative said:

. i was a big fan of Kaycee when she won BB, but her undying loyalty to Fessy has me over her. i hope she and fessy team up and go home together. and the mere fact that Josh is now Fessy's nemesis makes me 100% root for Josh now. that's how much i can't stand Fessy. 

Dude...I was thinking the same.  Kaycee never really stirs anything up so I like her, but why is she such a hater of Amber B and still so loyal to Messy?  He was a shit partner when you busted your knee in finals last season.  I hated Josh (and still hate his whiny emotions), but glad he is anti-Messy now.   Messy got leaner and dumber.   Hope CT gets a chance to whoop that ass.

Kinda in the same boat as yall that hate the format.  Did they really get feedback last season that the whole "spy" theme is super cool or what?  Who cares.  Just go in there and challenge each other more head to head. 

Still weird they leave the rules hidden from us, and most of cast it seems.  TJ hasn't even mentioned "you gotta run my final" spill yet.  Like maybe tell us how many will make the final etc. No skulls so now back to everyone hiding from elimination.  Only good format is that the teams change often.

Gabo is weird as hell, what an idiot.  I LOL'd when Devin said Gabo+Emy looked like they've killed a lot of people. 

It gets a little difficult to keep track of who the team pairings are as they switch around, but I appreciate the attempt to blend a team- and individual format. I think it would have gotten a lot more interesting if a few rookie-rookie teams had won a daily challenge or 2. Without that happening, it was fait accompli that the rookies were just going to be picked off and the real start of the season has basically been put off until all the rookies are cleared out.

....I don't think this has come up in this thread. SIAP: Amanda seems pretty full of shit, but I guess she went on IG live and had all sorts of stories including this gem: 

• There were a lot of hookups not shown, and a lot of the cast were hooking up in the bathroom. She said certain girls were giving tons of blowjobs out in the bathroom and she was grossed out by it because she heard one girl gave a guy a BJ while he was sitting on the toilet and that’s dirty to her. She feels if you sign up for a show like this you sign up to be recorded all the time so those bathroom hookups shouldn’t be allowed to be kept secret. She yelled at the camera people for not following people into bathrooms lol.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I know we have had them.... but my brain is not remembering the last time we had a mentally strong, as well as physically competent gay male contestant.

There have been multiple strong-ish gay females that were physically good against other women, and even a few that had some mental skills as well.

almost all the LBGQT "males" I can remember in the last 5+ years have kinda presented themselves as the "classical" view of how a stylized gay man would act.  Which is really surprising considering that MTV was on the vanguard of presenting LBGQT personas to most of middle America.

Shane was mentally strong, but not that great in any physical challenge.  Frank was kinda worthless.

wasnt there a guy about 5-8 seasons ago who lasted 1 episode when the very first challenge was to skydive out of a plane and he couldnt get out the door?

You lost me at "Frank was kinda worthless." He was only on 3 seasons but he finished 1st, 2nd, and was medically disqualified in the third and he went 3-0 in eliminations.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

You lost me at "Frank was kinda worthless." He was only on 3 seasons but he finished 1st, 2nd, and was medically disqualified in the third and he went 3-0 in eliminations.

57 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I hope they don't send Esther home.  I'm liking her.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm kind of liking Amanda this season.  She's toned down her psychotic behavior so much that a new viewer wouldn't even know what a psycho she can actually be.   

I don't know if it's just the edit so far, but this is the first time I don't hate Amanda. 

They sure were pushing the "CT partners up with Emy" foreshadowing angle. 

Sometimes partners go home as well as the actual fighters. We could lose Fessy, Josh, Amber and Esther all at once, but I'm guessing just Fessy and Josh. Fessy will explain to the camera afterword that this doesn't really count and he's still made it to every final, and nobody has eliminated him.

Priscilla really is playing one of the all-time "flying under the radar" games. I feel ,like that's about the second time we've seen heer speak in an episode.

Amanda is actually just as toxic as ever, if not more so. she and fessy are an item and spend all of their time on twitter talking shit for attention. Tony very recently lost his house to a hurricane, and Jenna had a baby with Zack like less than a week ago, and as soon as those two things happened Amanda went to twitter to reveal that Tony fucked Jenna, and that that was the actual big bombshell that she said she was going to reveal. she's still a total POS freckled motherfucker. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Amanda is actually just as toxic as ever, if not more so. she and fessy are an item and spend all of their time on twitter talking shit for attention. Tony very recently lost his house to a hurricane, and Jenna had a baby with Zack like less than a week ago, and as soon as those two things happened Amanda went to twitter to reveal that Tony fucked Jenna, and that that was the actual big bombshell that she said she was going to reveal. she's still a total POS freckled motherfucker. 

Good to know some things never change.  At least she's being ok on the show.  Wonder is there's any truth to the Tony & Jenna thing.  

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Good to know some things never change.  At least she's being ok on the show.  Wonder is there's any truth to the Tony & Jenna thing.  

You might remember that Amanda accused Jenna of getting fingered on the flight over by Bruno on Invasion of the Champions. She also told Jenna that Zach was on Bumble when leaving Final Reckoning after their disastrous partnership. She likes to burn shit to the ground. 

Edited by TonyTexas

On 9/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, Scraps said:

Also Amber is fucking wack. She may be hot but quit crying jesus fuck

Yea I was a fan of her last season...and I want to defend her as a good guy, but there is so much hate from other players.  I mean something has to be wrong if so many talk trash about her, I'm guessing we don't see all of it that drives the others crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Their MTV podcast had Emy on.  She is so weird yet funny.

Tori admitted to lighting that (pizza) fire that led to Fessy being at center of Amber whining....but she blames Cory for helping her push Josh into the situation.  I was laughing my ass off, gimme da goof! is coming in hot.  

And she says when she was asking Fessy "wouldn't it be funny if I tell Amber you ate her pizza?" .... that the camera guy nodded his head agreeing lol.

Esther annoys me, even before the drink toss on Amber.

Think someone gets kicked off? Suspended?

49 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I cant remember the last time TJ actually entered the house without kicking someone out.   I know he used to do that a lot in the early years, but recently, its pretty much meant someone is gone.

Yeah it's not a matter of if but whom gets kicked out and if it's 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Yea I was a fan of her last season...and I want to defend her as a good guy, but there is so much hate from other players.  I mean something has to be wrong if so many talk trash about her, I'm guessing we don't see all of it that drives the others crazy.

I'm an Amber fan too.  I'm choosing to think the hate is mostly coming from one direction (Fessy) and he's infecting some of the other people (Berna) via a proxy like Ester.  Unless I'm underestimating all the hate, Berna and maybe one other rookie girl was dishing out all the hate.  Is there anyone else hating on her that's not directly tied to Fessy?  Plus, everybody in that house probably talks shit about almost every other player during their one on ones.  If production needs some hate, they probably have a backlog on every player in the house.  Last week was Amber's week to dig into the archives.  At least that's how I've decided to look at it, because I think Amber is hot and pretty sweet.  Plus, I'm an OSU fan so I obviously am drawn to the underdogs.  

True, I still like Amber.  Usually the dirty players don't like the good/clean players.  She may whine, but who doesn't on that show.

MTV usually edits and spins shit to create something that isn't always there.  

As all of us here know...100% of the players are hypocrites at some point.

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

im not sure about that. i think it's just power in numbers. last year when Fessy backstabbed Nelson, Nelson had all his boys and even some female friends in the house who had his back, and they all kept talking about it for quite some time. it was a really big deal in the house. same thing happens this year, only Amber has nobody (except for Josh 😂), while Fessy has Kaycee and his rookie partner in his corner. everyone else was really just stoking the fire because they want to see drama. i think Amber is rightfully upset, but with nobody there for her (except Josh 😂), she's being made out to be the villain. 

Esther is annoying...nothing like a rookie who "wants to win it all for _____" but is afraid of eliminations and thinks they shouldn't have to go in. You helped bring this spotlight on you. Amber would probably whoop you in any event. See ya.

Berna is wack.  I figured something was wrong w her if CT was trying to get out.

Not a fan of new rage cage...having a chain linked fence can allow you to grip and hold on, and probably someone getting a limb or fingers hung up.  I prefer the plexiglass walls.  Climbing to get a bell is interesting though...but be cooler if it was outside the hall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fly home safely, big boy. 

Weird I kinda felt bad for him?  Glad TJ called out Josh...dude is out of control with his emotions (drunk or not) and goes to a whole new Camila type level when arguing.  My wife doesn't watch the show but sees parts when it's on...and she walked by saying "who is crying? is that Justin again from last season?" lol. Yea babe, it's Josh.

14 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Weird I kinda felt bad for him?  

I feel like that was the Fessy rehab cut by MTV.

They really wanted us to be sad he was kicked off, but when they showed every guy besides Josh they were fighting hard not to laugh about it. CT, Nelson, Cory, Devin (because of Cory), they've all been sent home for violence in past seasons.  That leaves Kyle and Josh as the only veteran guys it hasn't happened to yet. Kind of shocking Josh hasn't crossed the line at some point, like during the "what's 6 times 9" discussion.

Amber came out really well through the whole thing. Fessy hates her, he's gone. Esther hates her, she's gone. Berna hates her, she's now the rookie pair with Hughire and marked for the next elimination. If she could learn math she'd clearly be everyone's choice for Finals partner due to her endurance. 

Of course if the previews weren't just screwing with us and Berna-Hughie win next week forget my last paragraph.

one of the few times where I really wanted the rookie rookie team to absolutely lose.   I am getting really tired of MTV giving airtime to these folks who just whine about their lot in life on the show.   Also tired of hearing about their dreams when they win a million dollars.

Better than 95% chance no one wins a million dollars.  That 1 person gets it all shit is really unpopular.  so you are going after a half mil.