MTV's The Challenge Season 37

shadow_operative

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We all know editing, but that elimination was pretty damn entertaining. 

Ya not shit and even as strong as those dudes are they were hurting pretty bad.  Shitty they keep throwing Amber in, but I guess the theme now is get rid of past champs.

Cory deserves a shot after all these years...but his body usually gives out on him in finals iirc.

I think Aneesa said some of these eliminations take hours....I imagine this was one of them.

Edited by utxmike05

I'm not really liking the make up the format as you go...I get they want suspense and gives MTV opportunities to have 20 more commercial breaks, but it's lame.  Really don't like that the Agency can select a guy and girl from ANY team to go into the lair.  So being on a team doesn't really matter.  You can have a shit teammate, but still be safe as long as you are good with the agency.  Yet the house vote is an actual team.

And now they change it again...yall think it becomes a free for all?

Hope all the rookie-rookie talk goes away, it's annoying.  The Vets need to face the music...and now the whining will begin amongst them.

Did they really expect Priscilla to steal a rookie from a vet??  It wasn't a super bad ass blind-siding move like they are making it up to be.

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

I think Aneesa said some of these eliminations take hours....I imagine this was one of them.

FWIW Cory makes a comment afterwards about it going 3 hours. I couldn't stay bent over for 3 hours doing that. I don't know if he's ever going to develop cardio abilities, but he gets credit for not bailing mentally when they were getting buried at the beginning of the elimination.

On the other hand I don't think he gets thrown in this week if he chilled a little, instead of trying to make the first move by targeting Ashley in the new stage of the game. People aren't that scared of him in a final, and nobody was the slightest bit concerned about Bettina. Now he may have cost her a free pass to the final as the designated female layup. 

15 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Where’s my shadow_op bro? He should appreciate this week’s daily challenge at least. 

yeah, i audibly said, "about time" as soon as i saw the mud pit. they finally made them go down into the dirt and put their hands on each other. so much better than watching them sit on the top of a car that's going in circles.

• Like 1

The cast for All Stars season 2 looks a little more formidable.  Still dragging some dead weight like Katie and they're bringing back Casey, who is probably even worse than Katie.  It's be pretty cool to see some of these folks back.  And their are some notable absences from last year's All Star cast.   

respect to Priscilla for how she played this game as a rookie. best rookie season for a girl in a long time imo. yes, Amber did win it all last year, but this is a TV show for entertainment purposes, and Priscilla brought more to the table in that department as well as the competition portion than any rookie in a long time.

also, man, it just can't be said enough- MTV has got to get over this weird boner they have for this action movie/detonation/bombs/explosions/"The Agency" stuff and just go back to the basics:

•have these fools compete in dailies where everyone has to compete and it's obvious who does well and who does poorly

•have everyone vote out loud in front of each other

•have more one on one eliminations that don't rely so heavily on props, and producers, and assistants, and strapping people into flying harnesses and shit. just keep it simple.

you know what i'd love to see as a daily on a future challenge? it would catch everyone so off guard, and i think it would make for outstanding TV: just a straight up 3 on 3 basketball tournament. play to 7 by 1's and 2's, you have to win by two, *and* every member of your team has to score. it would be hilarious to watch some of these people have to play an actual sport. imagine if say CT, Cory, and Big T were a team, and they got to 7 points really quickly but they couldn't get Big T to score because Kyle and Josh kept swatting her shit. 😂 

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you know what i'd love to see as a daily on a future challenge? it would catch everyone so off guard, and i think it would make for outstanding TV: just a straight up 3 on 3 basketball tournament. play to 7 by 1's and 2's, you have to win by two, *and* every member of your team has to score. it would be hilarious to watch some of these people have to play an actual sport. imagine if say CT, Cory, and Big T were a team, and they got to 7 points really quickly but they couldn't get Big T to score because Kyle and Josh kept swatting her shit. 😂 

Couldn't CT just pick her up ballerina/little kid style and dunk it?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Big T is the worst recurring character, & it isn’t close. 

Lol at Big T getting hated on by CT and Logan.  Cold as ice...but yea she is replaceable.

Also Kyle never coming back is cool w me.  Why is he trying so hard to make dad jokes.  It  seems like nobody really likes him either.

OK so I like the new rules/format...it's different and it's gona get dirty.  

Tori said last week on podcast that this is basically 2 seasons in 1...and it was gona get wild soon.  The trailer for rest of the season looks rowdy. 

I'm over the whole spy and bombs thing also.  Now we have gemstone team names? wtf.  Blue, Red, Green team would have been fine.

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am more than a little done with Nelson and his yearly fucking tantrums that everyone is a snake except him and that Kyle stole this or that.

its the fucking game you pussy.    Play the fucking game and stop crying everytime shit doesnt go your way.

2 eps ago you and Cory were bragging about having the smarts to NOT be on the same team.... now that you are on the same team, you are bragging about being on the same team.

you are bipolar as fuck man. 

• Haha 1

what made this show great was that you could be a sports loving dude and be totally into the show, while your gf who is into trashy reality shows could be equally as into it. just hot, young, trashy people competing in physical challenges for money. now it's just a trashy reality TV show with bombs, and detonators, and "the agency". they've gone so far away from what this show awesome it's depressing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I didn’t hate the episode, but certainly wanted the elimination result flipped.

Not sure why, but I like Kyle. 

he is one of the few of the last 3-5 seasons who actually competes without a shitload of politicking. 

He clearly is physically strong, hes pretty self-deprecating, and totally understands that if hie runs into any puzzles, he is fucked.

Thats a guy who knows his strengths, has a decent understanding of his weaknesses and he loves to poke whatever bear needs to be poked on the show to get others fired up.

Hes one of the few new breed I like, along with Kaycee (although I HATE her whole fucking BB alliance group). Kaycee has proven she is a badass and might have some long term staying power with the show.   but at some point she needs to drop the dead weight clowns she calls her BB alliance friends.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Jeezus...Tori losing points (for hotness).  She is goofy af, but I figured it was a phase so she can create this "image".  Does she even realize she is romancing with a retarded looking Jordan, right?  Could they resemble each other any more??  Jordan probably got tired of her shit.

I feel like these challenges are wack and dont always showcase a player's strength.  Oh you were able to not slip on slippery surface and leap to grab a cable...you must be amazing. Some of that is luck. Hate when they grade each other on stupid challenges that over half don't succeed at.

Still not a Kyle fan...he is a puss/snake deep down.  CT doesn't want him.  CT doesn't really like anyone though...except for the random rookie girl and that usually is temporary lol.

Also wish that pole wrestle went differently...Ed needs to come back in the future, but he will be taken advantage of after showing how nice he was to spare the injured rookie.

Soooo they gona ride out on teams forever? 

when Antwan was at Texas, he said to me, "I always stand next to Coach Brown so that i'll be on TV." that's what Tori does with this show. she purposefully drops lines that she knows will be sound bites that make the show. Kyle does this A TON in the diary room, but Tori does it pretty much every time TJ describes a mission. i find this to be irksome. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

when Antwan was at Texas, he said to me, "I always stand next to Coach Brown so that i'll be on TV." that's what Tori does with this show. she purposefully drops lines that she knows will be sound bites that make the show. Kyle does this A TON in the diary room, but Tori does it pretty much every time TJ describes a mission. i find this to be irksome. 

lol, the episode ends with Tori saying, "Alet the games begin!" 

Wow...cool 500 episode challenge episode.  Really went all out with the stupid money bag challenge.  I couldn't even tell wtf was going on sometimes or who remember who was on what team.  Maybe use team color unis?  I also hate team events where teams aren't really balanced numbers wise.  Boring.

Getting Emy stirred up is the only fun thing lately. 

Weird TJ hasn't yet mentioned "...to qualify to run my final..."  

Ready for CT to fuck shit up...he has been kinda quiet as he usually lurks in the background bc nobody messes w him.

6 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Wow...cool 500 episode challenge episode.  Really went all out with the stupid money bag challenge.

so yeah  I DVR'd this ep, and started watching around 8:05, skipped 90% of that challenge and caught up to the 90 min ep as it ended. agree on supoer boring

That being said, since it was the 500th EP..... I really, REALLY expected TJ to announce the winners and tell them that they all split the amount they won with...   so like a $1250 bonus to the green team.

I really dont understand why MTV doesnt do that anymore.  That used to be a staple event  2-3 times per season where a challenge  event was sponsored by whoever, burger king, apple, LG, whatever, and whoever won that round won a $500 gift card or $1500 or a new TV or some shit.  

They did it with the P3 award a few eps back, but I think in the last 3 years thats only happened 2 times.   I mean they are giving away a million dollars every season now, you think they could afford to allow the little newbs who get nothing other than some sort of cheap appearance fee, a little bonus to addon to their being here.

I have a strong suspicion that the reason so many "OK" rookies dont return for multiple seasons anymore is because they didnt get paid enough the first time around.  and I'm not talking tens of thousands of bucks here. maybe $5-8k if you survive 5 episodes.  thats a decent amount to make in a month or so (reality more like 2 weeks or less in real time).  If a few of them get an exta $1k and/or a food award for a year (like P3) or fuck, a 1 year subscription to PS4 or XBox1 that might entice them to return.

instead we keep getting 30-40% of the same retread veterans of which 3-4 are champs and the rest are chumps.

Oh yea I remember when they would get ipods, bikes, and cash as rewards.  I was surprised and lol'd to see them create a safe just to display the P3 protein bars(?) after that one event.  I'm guessing they have so much money wrapped up in production...every time I see a bad ass vehicle, tank, chopper, jumbo challenge lettering, equipment in these episodes I think of how much that shit costs especially internationally.

PLUS I think nowadays these challengers get endorsements, side deals, social media popularity as a trade off to winning prizes.  And a salary to be on the show per Aneesa, I am not sure if they did that back in the day.  I am sure these challengers got smarter over the years and asked for pay.

I get that the popular vets get a salary,  Bananas, Aneesa, CT, Nani, Tori, Cory, Nelson, etc probably Fessy and Kaycee now. 

Those guys/gals are clearly going to keep coming back as long as they get paid.

I was saying that so many of the rookies get wacked in the first 5-8 eps and we never see them again.  Even some with potential.   thats because I dont think the newbies are getting much to be on the show, I am sure they are promised that if they do well, they will gain a social media following that MTV will help propogate. 

I just think that if a few of them got just a bit more upfront money plus some chances at small bonuses, they might consider returning again. 

Right now it really seems like geting a rookie to return they either finish in the top 6, be super super hot,  or create so much bullshit drama that they have to be invited back to see if the train wreck happens again. 

Remember the season Dario slept himself off the show. It was just too much work to try and stay compelling. 

You have to do something to get noticed. Some (like Ed or Amanda) figure it out early, and come in on fire. Others just completely miss the point of making the show watchable. You can stay quiet and fly under the radar if you're CT, or you need to make storylines for yourself.

All that being said, I agree giving some of them a second chance after watching themselves might not be a bad idea. And a little money up front might go a long way to making them accept. 

But I don't think Jen Lee is coming back...

19 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I was saying that so many of the rookies get wacked in the first 5-8 eps and we never see them again.  Even some with potential.   thats because I dont think the newbies are getting much to be on the show, I am sure they are promised that if they do well, they will gain a social media following that MTV will help propogate. 

I just think that if a few of them got just a bit more upfront money plus some chances at small bonuses, they might consider returning again. 

Right now it really seems like geting a rookie to return they either finish in the top 6, be super super hot,  or create so much bullshit drama that they have to be invited back to see if the train wreck happens again. 

Yea this vet alliance crap just picks on the rookies....weeds out some that don't need to be there, but also not fair to some others that could be threats.  I mean all you have to do as a rookie is tough it out your 1st season...come back next season and bam! you are not officially a vet lol.  Look at Big T...worthless but Vet status saves her, sorta.  

Edited by utxmike05

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Nelson....you keep getting "played" every year by people you think are your boys. Maybe you should rethink your strategy lol.

Emy is psychotic

Forgot about this....500th episode featuring Nelson feeling betrayed for the 500th time because he thinks everyone is his bro and just wants them "to own up to it" lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

What ever happened to that buff chick Jenny? She seems like the only female that gives Kaycee any good competition. 

She'd smoke Kaycee, but apparently production fucked her over when she agreed to be an alternate a couple seasons ago and they didn't get her on, so she missed filming something else and is now done with the Challenge. Someone else can correct me on that. Also, Laurel would demolish Kaycee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

She'd smoke Kaycee, but apparently production fucked her over when she agreed to be an alternate a couple seasons ago and they didn't get her on, so she missed filming something else and is now done with the Challenge. Someone else can correct me on that. Also, Laurel would demolish Kaycee. 

I’m not a big fan of Kaycee but she has become the female challenge darling especially with Nany by her side. Any woman with an ounce of strength and muscle tone can take out Kaycee in a physical elimination but it will never happen with the way voting is.