Grad Transfer RB Tre Watson

I just hope this kid will have a decent O-line to spring him free to run. Getting Calvin Anderson definitely helps him and I hope Herman and Co are not done mining the country for experienced OL. He will also open up the passing game by being a pass catching threat out of the backfield. 

7 hours ago, dad said:

He runs hard.

Assuming the knee is fully healed, I can see why our staff wanted him. I’m not concerned about our backs from 2019 forward, as I believe we’re rapidly upgrading in that area (as well as on the OL). But for 2019, Watson will be an upgrade from Day 1, based on what he’s done...and what our other guys haven’t. 

9 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Yeah, the Moore comparison was a terrible pick. They’re in no way similar. 

Boyd is just mad that this pushed Porter down another spot 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Assuming the knee is fully healed, I can see why our staff wanted him. I’m not concerned about our backs from 2019 forward, as I believe we’re rapidly upgrading in that area (as well as on the OL). But for 2019, Watson will be an upgrade from Day 1, based on what he’s done...and what our other guys haven’t. 

Maybe I don't understand, but Watson is a one year rental for 2018, correct?  Don't misunderstand though, I like the addition to the RB room.

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

Maybe I don't understand, but Watson is a one year rental for 2018, correct?  Don't misunderstand though, I like the addition to the RB room.

Sorry, I mistyped the year and didn't catch it. Meant 2018, of course. Carry on....

2 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

he looks like he can play RB and Slot for us. get him the ball in space and watch him go!

what I was thinking as well, could be insurance for slot as well as rb

may have never been a feature back but he seems to have plenty of escapeability

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

what I was thinking as well, could be insurance for slot as well as rb

may have never been a feature back but he seems to have plenty of escapeability

He's definitely hoping to become the feature back here.

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This is another thing I like about Tom Herman. He isn't loyal to a fault and he will address needs.

• Brought in Herb Hand
  • Brought in Anderson at Left Tackle
  • Brought in Tre Watkins 

He may be loyal to a fault with Tim Beck.  Just sayin.

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This is another thing I like about Tom Herman. He isn't loyal to a fault and he will address needs.

• Brought in Herb Hand
  • Brought in Anderson at Left Tackle
  • Brought in Tre Watkins 

*Watson

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

He may be loyal to a fault with Tim Beck.  Just sayin.

True and we will see how this situation evolves, but IMHO, it isn't fair to judge Beck based on the limitations that we faced last season. Don't mean to derail this thread, so I'll tie it back to Watson. If we go through a season and Beck is unable to utilize Watson's receiving skills, then I will agree with you. 

18 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

True and we will see how this situation evolves, but IMHO, it isn't fair to judge Beck based on the limitations that we faced last season. Don't mean to derail this thread, so I'll tie it back to Watson. If we go through a season and Beck is unable to utilize Watson's receiving skills, then I will agree with you. 

While I agree that Beck had a garbage situation at O-Line, it is absolutely fair to judge the idiotic WR personnel packages and dumbfounding play calls. This will be the make or break season for Beck, with zero margin for error. We will likely have an improved OL, 3 obvious WR starters, some TE options, and now a mature option as a pass catching, non-fumbling RB in Watson to add good depth at a minimum. Either impress us, Beck, or hit the bricks. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

While I agree that Beck had a garbage situation at O-Line, it is absolutely fair to judge the idiotic WR personnel packages and dumbfounding play calls. This will be the make or break season for Beck, with zero margin for error. We will likely have an improved OL, 3 obvious WR starters, some TE options, and now a mature option as a pass catching, non-fumbling RB in Watson to add good depth at a minimum. Either impress us, Beck, or hit the bricks. 

Good words. The WR personnel packages have not been discussed enough. Here's to hoping Ingram makes an immediate impact.   

10 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I think you accidentally forgot about qb

• 5 weeks later...