PIG - Nic Cage

Don Johnson

2 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

How much did he owe in taxes that he has spent 20 years doing tricks for any producer that would toss a role his way? I don't see how he hasn't been able to repay all of that by now. I think he just enjoys doing what he does.

I don't think it's so much the taxes as much as he just blew most of his fortune.  You are probably right though, he probably does enjoy the B movie circuit on some level. 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:42 AM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The tax comment made me go down a Nic Cage rabbit hole. I had absolutely no idea he was part of the Coppola clan. Is this common knowledge?

I think he played Anthony in the scene where Vito dies.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

I don't think it's so much the taxes as much as he just blew most of his fortune.  You are probably right though, he probably does enjoy the B movie circuit on some level. 

64382761.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed every second.

Not at all what I was expecting.

Easily Cage's best performance since Leaving las vegas.

There are couple of scenes where he not only bares his soul, but felt like he was looking into mine as well.

I got dusty, angry, hopeful, and happy at various points. Just well done IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My pig found itself smart enough to hop over the barrier from his pen to the next pen and eat all of that pig’s food, and go to the next one and eat all of that pig’s food, and the next one and eat all of that pig’s food and make his way back in time so when it was my time to feed him he had already eaten 3 meals and was sitting there waiting for me and I would feed him and he would eat that
and that’s why he gained so much weight and got sifted at the fat stock show.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed every second.

Not at all what I was expecting.

Easily Cage's best performance since Leaving las vegas.

There are couple of scenes where he not only bares his soul, but felt like he was looking into mine as well.

I got dusty, angry, hopeful, and happy at various points. Just well done IMO.

Cool, I had red mixed reviews on IMDB, I will check it out, Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I laughed out loud during the first half of the movie, then teared up on a dime during the second half. Silly at times with mediocre peripheral acting, but a very enjoyable and unique movie with uncontrollable grief as the underlying subtext. 

Ok truth be told I bailed during the first half. Underground food prep worker fights? Cmon. So the movie somehow redeems itself? Caught it for free, I’ll see if I can track it down again to finish it I guess.

14 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Ok truth be told I bailed during the first half. Underground food prep worker fights? Cmon. So the movie somehow redeems itself? Caught it for free, I’ll see if I can track it down again to finish it I guess.

Some of the most ill treated and underpaid workers in society having a fight club seems plausible to me.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s a good movie. It’s also a weird movie. There is a scene in a high end restaurant that manages to dissect and destroy high end gastronomy in a way that would make Bourdain proud. 

Just watch it.  You’ll be glad you did. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...