24 Hours in a Waffle House

Neonmoon

Almost as hilarious as the flavored whiskey live blog

edit: dude did it wrong by putting syrup and margarine all over those waffles.  i'd go dry, dunked in coffee for moisture and maybe mix in some salet every couple-few.

Edited by elfenix

Feel like I could've paced myself better than him.  Maybe 2 waffles at the 0-4-8-12 hours?  He seems to just try and have as many as he could in the first few hours.  That makes the whole experience miserable.  I'd rather sit in a Waffle House for 24 hours feeling good, than sit there for 16 hours feeling like shit.  And definitely no syrup like he had.

I thought this was magnificent.  We have family in town, and I explained this story to them last night as it was unfolding. 

Every woman thought it was horrific.

Every man thought it was fantastically, diabolically awesome.

The difference between the genders could not be explained more accurately than this example provided.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw this last night, A brilliant punishment for the loser. then reading the comments someone said Anthony bourdain went there for his show.

Epic piece by bourdain . I wish I had daily access to Waffle House. Me, my old man took my 3 year old to a WH in Florida a few months ago while the women including my brother in law stayed at the hotel. Broke my kid in early

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Saw this last night, A brilliant punishment for the loser. then reading the comments someone said Anthony Bodain went there for his show.

Epic piece by boudain. I wish I had daily access to Waffle House. Me, my old man took my 3 year old to a WH in Florida a few months ago while the women including my brother in law stayed at the hotel. Broke my kid in early

Waffle House gets a bad rap. It is what it is, greasy griddle food and badass waffles best consumed after copious amounts of alcohol. If you can't appreciate the cosmic greatness that is scattered, smothered and covered then I'm not sure there's hope for you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Saw this last night, A brilliant punishment for the loser. then reading the comments someone said Anthony Bodain went there for his show.

Epic piece by boudain. I wish I had daily access to Waffle House. Me, my old man took my 3 year old to a WH in Florida a few months ago while the women including my brother in law stayed at the hotel. Broke my kid in early

the blues flashing in the background are essential for the waffle house atmosphere

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think I could easily take down 1 waffle per hour. So 12 waffles in 12 hours, and I'd be out of there. 

That said, the unlimited coffee refills would destroy my insides. 

That was my exact thought. The waffles, not the coffee. I seem to be immune to its effects.

But a waffle/hour seems easily doable.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love Waffle House and initially thought that this is no punishment and that 12 waffles would be a piece of cake until I remembered this drinking game a girl in college had me play which had one simple rule - take 1 shot of beer every 60 seconds until you have to stop. Sounds amazingly simple until you try and do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Waffle House gets a bad rap. It is what it is, greasy griddle food and badass waffles best consumed after copious amounts of alcohol. If you can't appreciate the cosmic greatness that is scattered, smothered and covered then I'm not sure there's hope for you.

Waffle House gets a bad rap?

• Haha 1

In the year 2000, I had a surreal experience at a Waffle House after being hit by lightning earlier that day.  The place was dirty, the cook looked like he just got out of prison and our waitress's outfit was filthy and coved in grease or oil.  But I'll be damned if those weren't the best pecan waffles I'd eaten.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Apples and Oranges 

Kind of....more like oranges and tangerines. One thing I noticed about their strategy is they seem to stay well out in the sticks here. There are none inside the Beltway in Houston, though a few are right outside, indicating to me that it is a deliberate plan: nothing inside Beltway 8. I don't know if that's a wise plan but it seems to be the thinking there. 

Just think how easy it would be if you go out in the parking lot and smoke some weed. You could knock out those waffles in no time at all… with syrup!

In the early and mid 90’s, I lived by a WH and back then, at night, they had all you can eat waffles, eggs, bacon, omelettes, patty melts, hash browns, etc.

Weed was out PED back then.
  • Like 1

iHOP nor Cracker Barrel doesn't have breakfast tacos and those things spread like vermin.  People in Texas love shitty chains.  So it is very curious why Waffle House hasn't taken off more than it has.  It's doing pretty well, but nowhere near where I bet they thought they'd be two decades later.  

I've been more times in two years living in Florida than the 25+ years I've lived in Texas.  I guess yeah, I prefer breakfast tacos.  

All that to say, 9 waffles with syrup and butter.  This guy is gonna be shitting perpendicular for a week.  

Oh shit, now you're talking my language.  Loved Bob Evans as a kid in Chicago.  I don't think there's any down here in Texas though.  

Didn't know I loved skillets until I was old enough to order one off the adult menu as a tweener and been hooked ever since.  

I know the comment can get a little political...but Cracker Barrel?  Seriously?  Bad food, worse service, garbage human clientele.  Whole fucking thing should be demolished and sent to hell as an apology to Christ's teachings.  

Edited by Lobo

As of 2008, there were 21 locations in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and Tennessee,[1][7] but today there are only 4 locations, in Tucson, Arizona, College Station, Texas, Bryan, Texas, and Laredo, Texas.

In 2016, officials from the United States Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division investigated several restaurants in Austin, Texas. Among the restaurants accused of wage and hour violations was a Kettle Restaurant at 2617 South Interstate 35 in Austin.[8]

wiki