Catholic Bishops vote to deny Biden and liberals communion

Orale

What part of “breath of life” don’t you understand? Nowhere in the Bible is an unborn child recognized as a human life. Even after they’re born, they’re still basically property. The foundational myth of the Abrahamic religions is about God instructing Abraham to murder his son Isaac in order to prove his faith. Oh, sure, God stepped in at the last moment and said, ‘Psych! Just kidding!’ But there’s not enough therapy in the world to help Isaac deal with that trauma.
The God of Abraham is an immoral monster god that can only be a human invention. 
Good thing no one worships that god, El, anymore, then

I’ll be honest in saying I am surprised Pope Francis hasn’t had an assassination attempt made against him yet. He’s been more upfront about the issues the Catholic Church has than the last 1000 years worth of popes combined. I think he should push for marriage to be legal for these guys since he seems to be playing with house money anyhow on things he is saying and doing. They have a select few priests who are married, but I believe they came from other denominations and were already married.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I’ll be honest in saying I am surprised Pope Francis hasn’t had an assassination attempt made against him yet. He’s been more upfront about the issues the Catholic Church has than the last 1000 years worth of popes combined. I think he should push for marriage to be legal for these guys since he seems to be playing with house money anyhow on things he is saying and doing. They have a select few priests who are married, but I believe they came from other denominations and were already married.

Ministerial Transfer Portal been busy, huh?  

58 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I was thinking what if it's an immoral monster invention? Infinite universe full of infinite monsters making up infinite monster religions.

Maaaan.

Then it’s an unjust universe, we’re all living in hell, we didn’t ask to be brought into it, and we’ve been doomed from the start. We’re nothing but slaves. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:23 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

As far as I’m concerned, every “Christian” on earth can go fuck themselves.

Christianity and Islam are both (equally) curses on the planet.

Seriously, if you’re a “believer”?  Go fuck yourself.

At this point, I'm pretty much here. Leaving Catholicism then religion in general is the best decision I've ever made. I remember when being called a "cafeteria catholic" was one of the worst insults you could receive from another catholic. Yet here we are, the Bishops picking and choosing what is really serious and what isn't. If they do this with democrat politicians over abortion, they have to do the same for republicans and the death penalty. But of course "that's different" because babies vs killers or whatnot, despite Jesus' words on the value of both sinners and saints. Hell, I'd start withholding communion from married couples with only one or two kids. They're obviously doing that evil birth control stuff. What is religion even mean when the leaders get to pick and choose what parts they like and which they don't? It's so inconsistent to the point of being irrelevant. And stop diddling kids already, when is that going to be taken seriously?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 12:23 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

As far as I’m concerned, every “Christian” on earth can go fuck themselves.

Christianity and Islam are both (equally) curses on the planet.

Seriously, if you’re a “believer”?  Go fuck yourself.

I agree but the Jews invented the God of Abraham and monotheism so you can’t let them off the hook. Their religion is false and consequently Christianity and Islam are false. All three are bullshit. And, knowing the age of humanity and how it’s hundreds of thousands of years older than any religion practiced on earth then it’s reasonable to conclude that they’re all false and man-made. Vishnu and Brahman are bullshit too. And anyone who believes in eternal life after death has never really thought about the horror of what that would be like. Heaven or Hell, both would be eternal damnation. 

On 6/19/2021 at 12:41 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Sikhs. Tough not to admire Sikhs.

I’m hardly an expert but their foundation appears to be based on trying to negotiate peace between Hindus and Muslims. Nothing wrong with that. And I’ve seen some reporting on CBS News about how they have a lot of truckers and there’s a truck stop somewhere that’s run by Sikhs that makes good Indian food and has tandoors and everything. Hard not to be attracted to that.

I always heard it pronounced as “seek.” Now I’m told it’s actually pronounced “sick.” I think that’s bad marketing. They should go with “seek.”  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I always heard it pronounced as “seek.” Now I’m told it’s actually pronounced “sick.” I think that’s bad marketing. They should go with “seek.”  

I agree... that'd be sick, bro.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

100,000 folks fed every day at the Golden temple. The Bourdain episode on that was really good. 

Agree on pronunciation. You remind me I know an Indian woman whose name is pronounced “shit-el.” I have difficulty saying her name to her face.

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like Catholic Bishops or the Catholicism machine or whatever the heck the trillion dollar business in Vatican City is these days-- I feel like them voting to deny Biden or distance themselves and their organization with Biden shouldn't be surprising. He's pretty antithetical to their stated and recorded core beliefs, probably in many ways, but obviously in his pro-choice abortion stance.

Why is this news or does anyone care or is this just an excuse to bring up and make fun of Catholics?  

Surely people aren't expecting the organization to conform to Biden the individual or to make exceptions because he is another in the long list of forgettable middle-of-the-road leaders who will erode with the sands of time compared to the civilization staple that seems to be the Catholic monstrosity, destined to exist until people or time itself end, whichever comes first.

If anything, Biden should have came out as a lapsed or former Catholic a long time ago unless he was just waiting and hoping not to get called to the carpet for not marching to the beat of the drum. 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:08 AM, Continental Op said:

The Catholic Church is a morally bankrupt organization and the world would be better off without it.

And Israel doesn’t have a right to exist as a Jewish state. The God of Abraham is fiction. So is Moses. The Jews were never enslaved in Egypt and didn’t wander 40 years in the desert. Israeli archeologists will tell you so. (As demonstrated by the absence of Hebrew inscriptions on all the pottery and the presence of porcine bones at every archeological site they can find.)

We’ll never get rid of religion but the world would be a much better place if we could just get all the believers to lighten up and consider the possibility that they just might be wrong. Pascal’s wager is for suckers and don’t think that your god can’t see through your insincerity if that’s the basis for your “belief.”

We should have leaned that after 9/11 but instead too many of us became just like our Jihadi attackers. Enemies who were fostered by an extremist interpretation of Islam supported and promoted by our good friends the Saudis, not the Iranians.

23orb-superJumbo.jpg

36 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

100,000 folks fed every day at the Golden temple. The Bourdain episode on that was really good. 

Agree on pronunciation. You remind me I know an Indian woman whose name is pronounced “shit-el.” I have difficulty saying her name to her face.

I admire the Sikhs and find their general creed rigorous and kind in equal measure. But let’s be real, Sikh history is as blood soaked as any other religion and within most of our lifetimes there was a pretty strong element that was assassinating prime ministers and letting off bombs in crowded areas. Turns out people are just assholes. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

I admire the Sikhs and find their general creed rigorous and kind in equal measure. But let’s be real, Sikh history is as blood soaked as any other religion and within most of our lifetimes there was a pretty strong element that was assassinating prime ministers and letting off bombs in crowded areas. Turns out people are just assholes. 

Well, “asshole” is the one true religion. It certainly has the most zealous and faithful adherents.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Buddhists murder people too. Everyone who practices any religion uses it as an excuse to draw a line between “Us” and “Them” and it’s just a hop, skip, and a jump to killing “Them.”

This is also why Us and Them is the best Pink Floyd song on what may reasonably be argued is the greatest rock album of all time.

We’re all “Us.” There is no “Them.” The sooner we all figure that out, the better off we’ll be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Buddhists Everyone murderS people too. Everyone who  practices religion  adopts a rigid ideology uses it as an excuse to draw a line between “Us” and “Them” and it’s just a hop, skip, and a jump to killing “Them.”

This is also why Us and Them is the best Pink Floyd song on what may reasonably be argued is the greatest rock album of all time.

We’re all “Us.” There is no “Them.” The sooner we all figure that out, the better off we’ll be. 

Thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, “asshole” is the one true religion. It certainly has the most zealous and faithful adherents.

Oh baby, this just begs for another Zappa post. Warning: NSFW! And I don’t mean just a little bit NSFW. This is as about as NSFW as it gets. It’s probably between this and Stick it Out from Joe’s Garage for how NSFW Zappa could get (and you really should own both Sheik Yerbouti and Joe’s Garage as well as a bunch of other Zappa albums, many of which are neither dirty nor funny).

That’s Terry Bozzio on drums, Patrick O’Hearn on bass, and a very young Adrian Belew on guitar.

23 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Tribalism is mankind's original sin

It’s part of our evolution. It starts with family. That makes sense. Then before tribe comes clan. There’s a progression. And historically it makes sense. Family -> Clan -> Tribe -> Nation. Then things get fuzzy when we start talking about nations. And a whole lot of people freak out at the concept of a global community all trying to get along. “America First!” (For example.)

I don’t have a problem with the fact that I don’t know my genealogy back to where my ancestors were members of tribes. My mom’s side of the family is German and my dad’s side of the family is Swiss. It would be interesting to know what “Barbarian” tribes they belonged to before, in all likelihood, the Romans conquered them and imposed Christianity on them, but I’m sure I’ll never know. I’d also like to know who my ancestors were who were apes living in trees, or lizards scurrying under rocks, or fish living in the sea.

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I feel like Catholic Bishops or the Catholicism machine or whatever the heck the trillion dollar business in Vatican City is these days-- I feel like them voting to deny Biden or distance themselves and their organization with Biden shouldn't be surprising. He's pretty antithetical to their stated and recorded core beliefs, probably in many ways, but obviously in his pro-choice abortion stance.

Why is this news or does anyone care or is this just an excuse to bring up and make fun of Catholics?  

Surely people aren't expecting the organization to conform to Biden the individual or to make exceptions because he is another in the long list of forgettable middle-of-the-road leaders who will erode with the sands of time compared to the civilization staple that seems to be the Catholic monstrosity, destined to exist until people or time itself end, whichever comes first.

If anything, Biden should have came out as a lapsed or former Catholic a long time ago unless he was just waiting and hoping not to get called to the carpet for not marching to the beat of the drum. 

Given that Biden has never at any point stopped being a regular at Mass, how the fuck was he going to come out as a lapsed or former Catholic? 

30 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Given that Biden has never at any point stopped being a regular at Mass, how the fuck was he going to come out as a lapsed or former Catholic? 

I mean, I don’t know how it works because I’m not nor would I desire to be Catholic. It’s just weird how, of all the religions and indoctrinations to choose from, you are a staid member of one in which you are completely at odds and in conflict with a pretty big, or at least highly visible, tenet, that being abortion is murder.

Seems like you could find any number of churches or organizations, outside of Catholicism, to fit your specific views and still check the most important of the holy trinity and Jesus, etc.

Maybe just goes to show you can’t teach old dogs new tricks, or the inertia of tradition and how you were raised is too strong for some folks.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

3 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Is this a serious post?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I mean, I don’t know how it works because I’m not nor would I desire to be Catholic. It’s just weird how, of all the religions and indoctrinations to choose from, you are a staid member of one in which you are completely at odds and in conflict with a pretty big, or at least highly visible, tenet, that being abortion is murder.

Seems like you could find any number of churches or organizations, outside of Catholicism, to fit your specific views and still check the most important of the holy trinity and Jesus, etc.

Maybe just goes to show you can’t reach old dogs new tricks, or the inertia of tradition and how you were raised is too strong for some folks.

Your last two posts in here have been shitty, even for someone who made sure to show they know nothing about the topic in the first sentence of both of them.

25 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Your last two posts in here have been shitty, even for someone who made sure to show they know nothing about the topic in the first sentence of both of them.

But, why?

1) Why would you want to be a member of an organization with fundamental disagreements (especially when other organizations in the same vertical exist that would satisfy your needs)?

2) Why would it be news when said organization reprimands a member who is openly/knowingly flouting, in a highly visible and arguably influential way, a significant decree (and major differentiator, as alluded to above) of the organization's charter/mission/values?

Bonus Question:

3) Why should anyone here care about any of this, unless it's to find a cheap way to bring up and make fun of Catholics (I'm not Catholic or Pro-Catholic, so definitely not defending them here and think a lot of the hate they get is justified and/or funny)?

Edited by DonkeyCigars

They seemed to hang tight pretty good on the kiddie fucking thing for 1000 years.  Fairly certain they can come together on this one current topic for a half news cycle.

3 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Are you under the impression that the Catholic Church hierarchy is in lock step on all issues? 

I'm under the impression that, with respect to major dogma and doctrine, absolutely. That's kind of the whole point of the top-down hierarchy with a monarch pope.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

You have incorrectly made assumptions that Biden holds multiple beliefs outside the norms of the Catholic faith, but you can only name abortion.

Over half of Catholics in the US are pro-choice.

It is painful to read how you can’t tell the significant difference between the Vatican and US bishops

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

You have incorrectly made assumptions that Biden holds multiple beliefs outside the norms of the Catholic faith, but you can only name abortion.

Did I? If so, I apologize-- I thought I was prescriptive about only one belief-- the one I named as you confirmed.

Over half of Catholics in the US are pro-choice.

Then are they Catholics, really? By self-identification? I guess that is the crux of my question and point-- why do these people want to be considered and identify as Catholics when a) they are in conflict with a big piece of the Catholic belief on human life (seems like a pretty important topic) and there are many, many other faith organizations to consider and identify with that would actually fit in with your actual beliefs. Do people just like to be a part of something with history and tradition? Does it make them feel validated? Is it the previously asked inertia and it being difficult to break away from what your family indoctrinated you with as a child with your pre-pubescent psychology and brain?

It is painful to read how you can’t tell the significant difference between the Vatican and US bishops

Am I wrong in understanding the Catholic church as a centralized system of management? Are there franchises or otherwise federated and independent dues paying child systems out there that I don't know about?

Or does all the dogma and doctrine roll down hill, cascading through the various layers of management where, for the big rocks of major belief positions, everyone is supposed to sing off the same sheet of music. Literally and figuratively (isn't there a book published from Vatican City that goes out to every church with the same message/songs to be sung by date, in a formula?).

I'm not opposed to being wrong and would prefer to make a fool of myself in front of you guys and not in real life when I ask people these questions at the next event or party I go to, but judging from responses either everyone else is just as confused or it's too complicated and so it's easier just to dismiss and not think about it.

49 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Both attempted to meet the moment. Johnson more so. Biden’s is executing on what is arguably the most progressive platform since FDR.

I give Biden nominal credit for paying lip service to some progressive ideas but he clearly has little interest in delivering on his “platform”.  

- No significant student debt cancellation yet despite campaign promises. 

- Nothing on guns 

- infrastructure week is every week again for some reason, except for real now. 

-Public option on healthcare?  LMAO who even remembers this? 

- Nothing is going to get done on immigration.

- Trump’s tax cuts are here to stay it appears despite Biden saying he’d undo them. 

- Outmaneuvered by McConnell at every turn with minimal pushback, everyone saw it coming and the obvious ways to avoid it.

- Climate change effort will most certainly be nowhere close to enough. 

- How about protecting voting rights? Good job getting Manchin to water down the bill to get zero GOP votes again. 

- $15 minimum wage? He let the senate parliamentarian line item veto that out of the recovery bill. No pushback. 

- How’s the DOJ going?  

- How about Louis DeJoy? He still have a job at the post office? 

- Federalist Society Christopher Wray kept on as head of FBI despite the insurrection under his watch. 

- $2000 became $1400 unless you made 80k in 2019, then it became zero. 

- Instead of looking for ways to uplift people out of poverty, he’s decided to be “tough on crime” Joe Biden this week. Very cool.

- Had summit with Putin for no goddamn reason

- D.C. and Puerto Rico aren’t going to become states under Biden

- The courts are not going to be expanded 

-Breyer isn’t going to retire and there’s probably no White House effort to lobby him 

OKAY, now the good:

- Pandemic response has been exceptional

- pulling out of Afghanistan 

- Juneteenth made federal holiday 

Biden advocated for neither of these last two during the campaign but a win is a win.

Dude sold himself as a moderate that could get things done because he knew how the Senate worked and said Republicans would have epiphany once Trump was gone.  (Everyone knew this was delusional when he said it too). 

Joe Biden, much better than Trump but still pretty awful. 

DID I MENTION DEMOCRATS CONTROL HOUSE,SENATE, and WHITE HOUSE?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2