Catholic Bishops vote to deny Biden and liberals communion

Orale

how can any Christian be anti-immigrant? anti-help for the poor? pro-gun or pro-war? drive around with a 'Fuck Biden' flag? 

the same as asking 'how can a Catholic be pro-choice?'

people are complicated. quit being dense.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, mchookem said:

how can any Christian be anti-immigrant? anti-help for the poor? pro-gun or pro-war? drive around with a 'Fuck Biden' flag? 

the same as asking 'how can a Catholic be pro-choice?'

people are complicated. quit being dense.

Honestly not trying to be dense, but I think the issue just might start and stop with your last word here. Very fair and maybe too complex to unravel, at least on this thread and with this crowd.

• Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...

i don't see how Burrill can even consider himself Catholic. being gay is anathema to the church, why does he even want to be a part of it? 

as a priest i would think there would be more responsibility and expectation to be an upstanding member due to the sheer visibility and influence of his position. 

🙄

• Hook 'Em 1

The Catholic Church needs to shut the fuck up for a long while. Their long history of hiding and enabling mass pedophilia and their unholy treatment of children and desecration of their bodies gives them absolutely NO credibility to pass judgement on anyone, not even on Satan himself.

Fuck old dudes who think they can do and say whatever they want. Fuck their mindless sheep for being complicit in their atrocities.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

i don't see how Burrill can even consider himself Catholic. being gay is anathema to the church, why does he even want to be a part of it? 

as a priest i would think there would be more responsibility and expectation to be an upstanding member due to the sheer visibility and influence of his position. 

🙄

Exactly this.

Lots of gays hate themselves because of long term exposure to messages that call them broken and immoral. Lots of those people turn to the institutions that push that messaging as a way to repudiate what they are feeling, hoping that pushing that messaging themselves will remove those internal thoughts and feelings. Spoiler alert, it doesn’t, but by then they are bought in and justify the act of gay sex as being altogether separate from the concept of being a gay person. In an ironic twist, since they end up living in the shadows because of their shame, they assume all gays are living in that shadowy world between the act and the persona and therefore rail against a “lifestyle” that is almost universally reserved for the people who try to separate the act from their identity. And the beauty of it is that they then use that to take the side of their tormentors against their brethren. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1