We suck …. 7-5 and losing Louisiana……

Nueces River Rat

15 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

according to DCTF….ac04dc0c6142457f8f4143d25435cc79.jpg

After viewing the prediction for the opener I didn't bother to continue reading. There is a snowball's chance in hell that Texas drops the opener to Louisiana. 9-3 sounds about right to me.

Funniest thing I heard last weekend in Port A, was some local at Bernie's wanting to bet $1000 that A&M was going to either be in the National Championship game, or win it.  What sort of dumb fuck would want to make what is clearly a long odds bet as a straight up proposition.  If I knew for sure I could have gotten paid, I would have been happy to set up a 10 year bet, $1K a year.  Hell I would have even let him double the bet every year to try and get back to even...
Aggies really honestly think there are right in the thick of things.  Might want to find a way to maybe win you division in the conference before starting to bet on National Championships.  Stupid Aggies... proving once again, that low SAT's do mean something...

Have you seen their schedule? If they end up 8-3 they should fire Jimbo.

Have you seen their schedule? If they end up 8-3 they should fire Jimbo.
They truly are set up with a single team being in their way of the CFB playoffs, and I believe even if they lose to Bama (and thats their only loss) the dumbfucks on the playoff committee will put them in just to see what happens.

Oh, and lol. Jimbo could pull an office space and stop showing up to work and the aggys are still on the hook for the remainder of his contract

I think some of you are underestimating Louisiana. That’s a very losable game-they’re returning basically everyone from a good team, first game with a new staff, etc. I think we win, but a loss wouldn’t surprise me.

Either way, I don’t see worse than 9-3.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I think some of you are underestimating Louisiana. That’s a very losable game-they’re returning basically everyone from a good team, first game with a new staff, etc. I think we win, but a loss wouldn’t surprise me.

Works both ways a bit. They’ll have to best guess our personnel packages, core concepts and pet plays. They’ll have zero footage of preferred chain movers, red zone plays or any of our “specials, and they going to have to infer what players will do in new positions. 

Its not unlike CU having to deal with Casey for a half. They’d seen our offense and players, but it’s a whole different animal when you have no game tape to prepare from other than a spring game and Bama film. 

Thats not to say we slap our junk on the new turf and roll ULL, I fully expect our systems to range from dysfunctional to orgasmic, but they’ll be in a bit of wait and see mode themselves. Or throwing haymakers without knowing our counters. 

7 hours ago, horn4life said:

Funniest thing I heard last weekend in Port A, was some local at Bernie's wanting to bet $1000 that A&M was going to either be in the National Championship game, or win it.  What sort of dumb fuck would want to make what is clearly a long odds bet as a straight up proposition.  If I knew for sure I could have gotten paid, I would have been happy to set up a 10 year bet, $1K a year.  Hell I would have even let him double the bet every year to try and get back to even... 😉

Aggies really honestly think there are right in the thick of things.  Might want to find a way to maybe win you division in the conference before starting to bet on National Championships.  Stupid Aggies... proving once again, that low SAT's do mean something...

Would be awfully hard for them to win the championship without being in it, but that's never stopped them before. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

DCTF has kind of gone down hill in quality much like most of print media, but for some reason I keep on getting it for something like 40 years now. This is an example of that quality. Jim Wells county/Alice just to the west of me is part of the Hill Country.Lol32d649f20bed9dc2047dd4d08b4f4ce5.jpg

This is the Harbaugh birthday cake of maps.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Long time freelance association with DCTF. They are definitely on a shoe-string budget and not paying serious money for stuff. At this point it's mainly a scheme for underpaid editors to be declared Texas football experts so they can get TV gigs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Long time freelance association with DCTF. They are definitely on a shoe-string budget and not paying serious money for stuff. At this point it's mainly a scheme for underpaid editors to be declared Texas football experts so they can get TV gigs.

It’s pretty much evident the past several seasons.    I can only think of a couple of them who put much thought into their predictions much less commentary with both high school and college 

7 hours ago, formermav43 said:

The had a good season last year…..

IF Tom was still our coach. ……  then yes very losable.  I mean we lost to fricken Maryland twice and they probably don’t have a half the talent Louisiana has.  The upside is we won’t go out there thinking this is a cupcake like aggys opener against Kent State.   

12 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Are you ever gonna wait for this to be true before just taking it on faith?  This is the third coach in a row we've heard this about, and the previous two had better head coach resumes than this guy.

Fire away.

He's talking specifically about the offensive line coach (Hand --> Kyle Flood), and I don't think it's much of a reach.

Shrug. I didn't think Tom Herman would lose his first game against Maryland, but there we found ourselves. 

It's not unusual to get uneven results in year one after a regime change-- when it's a linear handoff a la Urban Meyer to Ryan Day or Bob Stoops to Lincoln Riley, that's one thing, but when you're making wholesale changes the way Sarkisian's staff surely is, improvement doesn't always manifest in the W-L record in year one. Even when it does, it can be uneven-- Stoops at OU, Tressel at Ohio State, Saban at Bama, etc. 

7-5 wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd be more surprised by 10-2. I think the most likely outcome is to walk away somewhat frustrated thinking the jury's still out on Sarkisian. I feel like we'll know conclusively during Year 2 if he's going to make it, unless Year 1 is some kind of insane outlier either way.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:06 AM, Red Five said:

This will be our best O-line since 2006. 

I was about to say Oline play kept us from 10 wins. Finally a true position coach in place with a brain and a full season for preparation. 

Edited by Blackcat00

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Still hit the over on conference wins lol.

The only one on there that is really lol-worthy is WVU. Texas should beat ULL and TCU but both are losable. 

Yea I don’t get the L in Morgantown.   It’s not  like Manhattan, KS where I’d expect us to be an upset pick to lose. 

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Shrug. I didn't think Tom Herman would lose his first game against Maryland, but there we found ourselves. 

It's not unusual to get uneven results in year one after a regime change-- when it's a linear handoff a la Urban Meyer to Ryan Day or Bob Stoops to Lincoln Riley, that's one thing, but when you're making wholesale changes the way Sarkisian's staff surely is, improvement doesn't always manifest in the W-L record in year one. Even when it does, it can be uneven-- Stoops at OU, Tressel at Ohio State, Saban at Bama, etc. 

7-5 wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd be more surprised by 10-2. I think the most likely outcome is to walk away somewhat frustrated thinking the jury's still out on Sarkisian. I feel like we'll know conclusively during Year 2 if he's going to make it, unless Year 1 is some kind of insane outlier either way.

Somewhat agree.  I think 8-3 is about right and no blow out  style loses.   I think Iowa Stare is overrated coming in.   And I’m still not sure why TCU is getting love as much as they are.  

One good thing Sark has coming in is a team that is not demoralized and lacking talent which most coaches inherit.  Tom was responsible for games we should’ve  won last year and years before that.  Could’ve had much different records…..but MENSA.  

On 6/19/2021 at 9:31 PM, ElChupacabra said:

Well......we're waiting.

On 6/20/2021 at 12:10 AM, Txslnghrns said:

Bet

2410421f0573005a27348cd5832e5c91.gif

On 6/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, CosmoDog said:

In alley. Send link please.

16 hours ago, TenCarryTom said:

How’s that going?

Up. Check insta sloots thread. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, n64ra said:

I can see how they came up with the loss to Louisiana since they were 10-1 last year with a large victory of Iowa State. Still don't think it happens but new coach and new QB...

They’re a good team, and beating ISU is a feather in their cap, but ISU’s perennial case of sluggish starts and early head scratching losses under Matt Campbell must also be considered. 

Somewhat agree.  I think 8-3 is about right and no blow out  style loses.   I think Iowa Stare is overrated coming in.   And I’m still not sure why TCU is getting love as much as they are.  

One good thing Sark has coming in is a team that is not demoralized and lacking talent which most coaches inherit.  Tom was responsible for games we should’ve  won last year and years before that.  Could’ve had much different records…..but MENSA.  

I don’t understand how anyone predicts anything with a new coaching staff with a new QB and some changes to the o-line. Sure the bowl game showed what could have been, but we are entering new territory again.

Magazine articles are mostly just mental masturbation with the shame of paying $10+ for that shit.

We don’t know shit. Sark is saying the right things, but so did Tom and Charlie at times.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

They’re a good team, and beating ISU is a feather in their cap, but ISU’s perennial case of sluggish starts and early head scratching losses under Matt Campbell must also be considered. 

ISU's slow start was factored into my still don't think it happens but new coach and new QB part. Hell, with our last coach we had slow starts too.

6 hours ago, n64ra said:

ISU's slow start was factored into my still don't think it happens but new coach and new QB part. Hell, with our last coach we had slow starts too.

Kinda my point. Were we really worse than Maryland in 2018?That day, yes. That season? No. 

Ive been up to my ears with work and haven’t looked into Sark’s starts at Washington or USC.  I think ULL has all it needs to beat us if things align right. I also have more faith in the current OC’s willingness to maximize his talent and the current DC’s ability to not play retarded defense. 

I can see us winning ugly and struggling against pig if we start the season slow. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic