Father's Day 2021

immamac

My 14 year old son comes and slaps down a card, no envelope.  His mom, "where is the envelope?"  Him, "oh I didn't buy one of those". Us, "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works."

14 year old boys are dipshits.

My 14 year old daughter made me a card, my 18 year old daughter gave me a funny card (in an envelope)

• Haha 1

Happy Father's Day!

Have a catch, a brew, or maybe just a longer bedtime story today...depending upon their ages.  Just keep showing up, assholes.

Happy Father's Day you sons o' bitches.  

Oldest girl helped make me breakfast, then we went fishing.  I found a river rock that really had been shaped into a heart (kinda, sorta) and gave it to her.  While we were back near the water catching a few little ones, another kid saw it and grabbed it and put it in his pail o' rocks.  My daughter is incredibly shy in public.  But she went over, told the kid and his mom that she had that rock first and wanted it back.  They gave it to her with a smile.  She was polite but assertive and it was my best father's day gift ever.  Well, that and the bulk pack of Craft bags that I really needed-we're pretty high rollers around here at House Lobo.  It's those little moments, that's why we're here.  

Apparently my 14 year-old got me a gift several months ago and has been going crazy with having to wait.  Finally got it today.  Colt McCoy signed Longhorn helmet.  Awesome.

Wife of my best friend somehow got Ricky William's to record a 45 second "Father's Day" video for him.  Pretty cool.

• Hook 'Em 6

28 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Apparently my 14 year-old got me a gift several months ago and has been going crazy with having to wait.  Finally got it today.  Colt McCoy signed Longhorn helmet.  Awesome.

Wife of my best friend somehow got Ricky William's to record a 45 second "Father's Day" video for him.  Pretty cool.

This is probably how. 
https://www.cameo.com/rickywilliams

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm going to tell a story about what Father's Day means to me.  I've written about this before on this site, so apologies if you've seen it before.

I won't bore you with all of the details about the back story.  I'll just leave it at 5 year custody battle.

When my daughter was 2 1/2, I used to pick her up from daycare every day.  On the Friday of that particular Mother's Day weekend, she got in the car with an armload of pictures/cards that she had made for my ex.  Though, I was never the sentimental type (at the time), I remember thinking, "I can't wait to get my stash on Father's day".  So Father's Day comes.  She gets in the car with empty arms.  Apparently, so many of the kids in her daycare didn't have fathers, that the teachers decided they didn't want to hurt feelings.  Entirely understandable.  So, I'm driving home, silently pouting.  Suddenly, the silence is disturbed by this tiny little voice in the back seat ... "Daddy.  I love you.  Happy Father's Day."  I damn near had to pull over it got so dusty.  

My baby girl graduates from MTSU (in TN) next spring.  We're about as close as any father/daughter combo despite the fact that I was unable to see her every day as she grew up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

This website answers the question, "What if Jerry Garcia left the Bay Area and went to Texas A&M?"  

And I like it. Happy Father's Day Y'all.  Rough end to it with this disastrous showing by UT.  But a great day overall.  Hook 'Em, one more beer, then good night. 

8 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Man, it sure got dusty in here watching that short video. Once a parent, always a parent. My daughter is 29 (UT grad 2014) and has a child of her own now and lives in Chapel Hill, NC. My son is 26 (SFA 2017) and has a child of his own. Both have turned out great and are successful in their chosen fields.

I have been divorced for about 4 years now. I remain the go-to-parent. They know that just like in the video, I am there for them. Nothing beats, “Thanks Dad, I love you”.

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Like 1

Having lunch with my kids in an outdoor cafe on Father's Day. They're playing Marvin Gaye. Seems like a bad choice of music for today.

Well, maybe Marvin put you and the Mrs. in the mood in order for you to become a father?

This Father's Day sucked. Couple of Days ago, 2 year old fell on a piece of glass. Blood everywhere. Would up needing 15 stiches in her leg. 

Sunday night, Told mom that baby could stay up later and watch some of the UT game. Around 7:30. My son (7 yo) and I were watching the game, having fun. Said he was going to the bathroom. Wife decided that would be a good time to put the baby to bed. She came back about 15 minutes later and asked where Logan was. 

Found him in the bathroom collapsed on the floor, completely unresponsive. He's fine now. But that was fucking scary as shit. Would not recommend.

13 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

This Father's Day sucked. Couple of Days ago, 2 year old fell on a piece of glass. Blood everywhere. Would up needing 15 stiches in her leg. 

Sunday night, Told mom that baby could stay up later and watch some of the UT game. Around 7:30. My son (7 yo) and I were watching the game, having fun. Said he was going to the bathroom. Wife decided that would be a good time to put the baby to bed. She came back about 15 minutes later and asked where Logan was. 

Found him in the bathroom collapsed on the floor, completely unresponsive. He's fine now. But that was fucking scary as shit. Would not recommend.

Glad he's okay. That is not fun in the least; been there, done that, got the therapist bills to prove it can fuck you up.

Meanwhile, I spent most of yesterday on my hands and knees plugging up holes on the outside of our house in a futile attempt to keep out black racer snakes that love to hang out under our laundry room. "They eat mice," I tell my wife, but to no avail. There's absolutely no reason at all to be afraid of them, but fuck it, I won't never get no sleep until she's sure they aren't there.

• Like 1