Texas vs Mississippi State: College World Series

Horny Bull

Just now, troph said:

Eh I kinda think it is.  Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get some action but the high heat is pretty fucking compelling. 

It's not so good that we shouldn't be able to make any contact at all. We literally can't put the ball in play. Mississippi State could be playing down 7 men and our score would be the same. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

There is ZERO coaching going on in the dugout, this team has their butt cheeks puckered right now

I assume Cliff would tell batters that if they swung at one of the first five pitches there would be consequences.  Teams in the 80s had amazing discipline at the plate.  They made pitchers work, wore them down, and then struck.  

1 minute ago, troph said:

Some us talked about it and got raked for it.

It was obvious early in the season. The offensive, at the plate, coaching is seriously lacking. My hope was this was remedied as I missed watching a lot of the last half of the season and the Horns waked in with a top seed. Obviously there are some serious deficiencies being exposed.

Just now, Bullneck said:

I assume Cliff would tell batters that if they swung at one of the first five pitches there would be consequences.  Teams in the 80s had amazing discipline at the plate.  They made pitchers work, wore them down, and then struck.  

You can't work the count if the pitcher's pounding the zone, or the ump's calling strikes off the plate

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

hes been slighlty incosistent with them....  hes rung us up at least 4 times on a pitch that clearly was outside. 

I can only think of 1 of those with Ty's pitches

Yeah it’s been really bad. 

Shit Hansen up in the pen 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Lots of them. We were nails on Fridays for awhile. 

This is the same stuff as OKC. And good pitchers doesn't have much to do with it. We were sucking against OU and WV second starters.

Nails on Friday against who?  I'm seriously drawing a blank. 

But yeah, the K tendency has lurked in the shadows from jump.

Just now, Newdoc said:

It was obvious early in the season. The offensive, at the plate, coaching is seriously lacking. My hope was this was remedied as I missed watching a lot of the last half of the season and the Horns waked in with a top seed. Obviously there are some serious deficiencies being exposed.

Issues were there in the post season but we played either weak comp or comp crumbled and gave us runners and runs.  Omaha is two steps up from what we played against the last two weekends.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You got raked because we hit .303 in the tournament coming into today, certainly wasn't the best competition

I didn’t say it wasn’t good enough to win last weekend or before. I said it wouldn’t cut it in Omaha with better pitching. That was the crux of my point.  I definitely want to get raked for it tonight, pretty please!!

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1