Texas vs Mississippi State: College World Series

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

yeah the 21 strikeouts didn't mean shit

Look we fucked their shit up too on the mound. It comes down to mistakes and while the ABs sucked the play in RF was abysmal.  Basically an error on the miss and on the play off the wall. That was a play we had to make.  Yeah better ABs but that play was the one play.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Well fuck. But nice job to show some life at the end. Hopefully it carries over into game 2. 

Yeah this team has that 2014 don’t quit in them. And we still got stevens and Hansen waiting. Yes Hansen pitched tonight but fuck that was pretty much a bullpen for him. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Now who the fuck stopped what they was doing 🙃🙃🙃

I take partial credit because I called my dad after we had 15 strikeouts and told him the team forgot to bring the bats to Omaha, and told him if anybody has the pitching to come out of the loser's bracket it is us.  That is not exactly the correct timing, but it did happen towards the end. 

I am still feeling the same as earlier; disappointed but not throwing in the towel.  We will see this team again, I predict.

Just now, millhouse said:

It didn't lose the game for us, but the HP ump was all over the place.

It’s on the batters to adjust to him.  Still too much staring and not even fouling off strike 3 to protect yourself 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fletch said:

Yeah this team has that 2014 don’t quit in them. And we still got stevens and Hansen waiting. Yes Hansen pitched tonight but fuck that was pretty much a bullpen for him. 

Hopefully we got the nerves out and now know what hitting in this ball park looks like. Damn, I really thought cam was going to walk it off too. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Look we fucked their shit up too on the mound. It comes down to mistakes and while the ABs sucked the play in RF was abysmal. 

bullshit. You make it sound like he dropped a pop up. That was a triple all the way that 99% of college players don’t make a play on. 

first off, if this douchebag pitcher wants to do the Horns down over and over, then say it with your chest, pussy. don't do it on the sly, down below your waist when you think only your teammates can see you, throw them shits up high for all the world to see. second, i can't wait to face these guys again. these guys are epic douchebags of movie villain proportions, and they need to die. metaphorically speaking.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

bullshit. You make it sound like he dropped a pop up. That was a triple all the way that 99% of college players don’t make a play on. 

He played it like it was foul. He quit on it for a second. So much so I was convinced the replay would prove him right. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Hopefully we got the nerves out and now know what hitting in this ball park looks like. Damn, I really thought cam was going to walk it off too. 

Same. As Augie said, inning by inning. Stevens will shut down the Tennessee. And that loud out and last AB by Ivan hopefully gave him so confidence. Need him and Cam and Antico to launch some for us 

hate to rag on the kid, but that was a stupid and irresponsible swing by Hodo. when you have a 2-0 count you sit on a fastball that's up and over the plate, and you take on everything else. to swing at a 2-0 slider low and away, one that may have been ball three, it's inexcusable in that situation. it's a cardinal sin. you just can't do that. we had those douchebags on the verge of a total meltdown and we let em off the hook. worst loss in Omaha for me since LSU game 3 in 2009. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

He could have had it.  He got fooled by the wind, or the park or some combination.

It was a makeable catch if he played it right.  Shit, he almost made it but for lollygagging around.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know who the #2 starter is for Tennessee, but he already has 4 strikeouts on us and it's only Sunday night.  

We pitched well, but we can't possibly play this poorly again (hitting, fielding, basepaths) again.  So I like our chances to at least win 1 up there.  But who the fuck nows.  Fuck it, going to bed. 

Hansen was low enough on pitch count.  HE can still start Thursday night versus UVA/MSU loser.We're okay in that dept.  Everything else is a fucking clusterfuck.

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

Hell of a battle in the last inning against one of the best relievers in the nation.

Go get a win on Tuesday and maybe we will match up again. Best of luck.

#HailState

how sharp was your reliever?  Was this his standard performance or was he a bit off?  Did he pitch more than usual tonight or was this about his average?

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

first off, if this douchebag pitcher wants to do the Horns down over and over, then say it with your chest, pussy. don't do it on the sly, down below your waist when you think only your teammates can see you, throw them shits up high for all the world to see. second, i can't wait to face these guys again. these guys are epic douchebags of movie villain proportions, and they need to die. metaphorically speaking.

That’s all of the racist bullshit SEC.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

There are maybe 3 right fielders in college baseball that make the catch on this with the crazy ass winds out there tonight. chickenshit to blame Hodo on that triple. 

I said he quit on it when it landed dude. Either way the very hit itself was the game. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

There are maybe 3 right fielders in college baseball that make the catch on this with the crazy ass winds out there tonight. chickenshit to blame Hodo on that triple. 

Watch it again, he lolly-gagged to get the ball as it bounced off the wall and rolled away from him. If you think that was a championship effort then fuck me silly. 

Ok we did shut them down tonight. Only gave up five hits and two runs. I have confidence in Tristan on Tuesday. 

I hope whatever we got going on in the 9th inning gives our guys confidence and we break out of this Arlington-OKC-Omaha strike out thing we have going.

Not over yet! Go Texas!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Hansen doesn't need a week's rest, but he's done for a couple of days.

Stevens Tuesday. So can Hansen go Thursday?  Kubicheck Friday?  Then back to Madden?

I’m sure Hansen can easily go Thursday 

• Hook 'Em 1

Shitty game. I feel like when you’re facing elite pitching it’s better to be a bit more passive but the ump had a huge zone so that strategy didn’t work. We just had to do a better job of pitch recognition against their starter. We only really were competitive when their starter and reliever were each getting worn out. It may not have helped in preparing for this game that our competition in the regional and super regional were so weak.  However, at the end of the day we lost because of a billshit triple that should have been foul but for a strong wind pulling it fair. 

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 1