Ammon Bundy is running for Governor

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He's not Trumpy enough.  Someone more radical than him will win. 

I assume the LG who waited until the governor was out of the state, repealed the mask mandate and then got bitch slapped as soon as the governor got back from official business. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

I assume the LG who waited until the governor was out of the state, repealed the mask mandate and then got bitch slapped as soon as the governor got back from official business. 

The LG is just as bat shit crazy as Bundy. I need to register as a Republican just so I can help make sure those fuck twits aren't on the R ballot - because they have a great shot at winning.

I was talking with a friend who now lives in Portland with her husband and their four year old son. The husband is from Idaho and almost all of his family still lives there. My friend is black and she declined taking a weeklong trip with them last week because she was worried about the kinds of people they would run across. That includes his family that still uses the n word as part of their normal vernacular. 

• Rage+1 1

So, my grandmother was originally from Texas, but ended up in a small town outside of Bend OR as an elderly woman to be near my Aunt.  That's where she passed.  When my dad (who was visiting) called and said that the end was near, I hopped on an airplane to see her.  I saw her, and she died the next day.

She already had her funeral fully arranged, at the 1st Baptist Church there in town.  Parenthetically, one of the things she disliked most about Oregon was the lack of Southern Baptist Churches, but she ended up at the 1st as a regular "member" or whatever y'all churchgoin' folk call yourselves. 

So, from the time she dies until the funeral is just a couple of days, so instead of going back to San Diego, I stick around for the funeral.  It's a shit town with nothing to do, so during that couple of days (while my dad and I are bored shitless), I say "hey, I need a haircut, so I'm going to "town" to get one".  Dad says "good idea, I need a haircut too".  I also went bowling (not a bowler) with my cousin, and her husband, who at the time, had about 4 DUIs.  I think his final total was 7, with a 2 year prison term as a result...sorry for the CSB derail). 

So, we find this one-chair barbershop in this shit town, with a female barber.  She gives me the "I've never seen you before, you aren't from around here are you?" deal. 

Now, at the time, I was traveling extensively for work. I was on a plane several times a month.   So, I said "I'm from San Diego" and expected the usual "oh, the weather's so great there", or "oh, my husband was stationed there in the marines/navy" or "oh, we went to Sea World and it was so awesome". 

She says "I was in San Diego once.  Too many queers there for my taste".  

wait...are you actually talking about Bend, or a shit town outside of Bend?

i recently saw a program about small towns iin America with Bend being one, and it looked awesome. lots of CO and CA transplants, the general feel of the place seemed to be very chill, relaxed, nature-focused, etc. 

one of the guys interviewed said during ski season pretty much every place of business moved their hours of business to later iin the day bc they know the entire workforce is going skiing every morning lol.

i also have a friend who is a pastor at a pretty progressive methodist church, she's very progressive and absolutely loves it there.

granted, it's very white lol... but otherwise it actually seemed like a great place to live. in fact, i feel like it may have been on one of those lists recently,  '10 Best Places to Live' or something. 

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

wait...are you actually talking about Bend, or a shit town outside of Bend?

i recently saw a program about small towns iin America with Bend being one, and it looked awesome. lots of CO and CA transplants, the general feel of the place seemed to be very chill, relaxed, nature-focused, etc. 

one of the guys interviewed said during ski season pretty much every place of business moved their hours of business to later iin the day bc they know the entire workforce is going skiing every morning lol.

i also have a friend who is a pastor at a pretty progressive methodist church, she's very progressive and absolutely loves it there.

granted, it's very white lol... but otherwise it actually seemed like a great place to live. in fact, i feel like it may have been on one of those lists recently,  '10 Best Places to Live' or something. 

La Pine OR is the place I was referring to. 

Bend is a meth-addled shithole.  Great place for Nazis and KKK.

But they do have a Blockbuster Video.  The only one, in fact. 

Edited by Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Bend is a meth-addled shithole.  Great place for Nazis and KKK.

But they do have a Blockbuster Video.  The only one, in fact. 

lol...well okay then 😄

but yeah...it must have improved greatly since you visited, just googling it a bit it seems pretty awesome now (for those that can afford it of course)

http://www.hasson.com/blog/2018/03/reasons-consider-moving-bend-oregon/

https://livability.com/or/bend/where-to-live-now/moving-to-bend-oregon-heres-everything-you-need-to-know

having said that...the proliferation of hardcore white supremacists in the PNW in general is rather alarming. but is it any worse than the deep south? 🤔

or anywhere else in this country, for that matter 😐

Ammon Bundy might legitimately be too woke to win the Republican nomination. He's spoken out in support of BLM (and not in a Boogaloo fake-support way) and defunding police, and against conservative hysteria about antifa. 

He's a certifiable loon, but he's the rare honest believer in the sort of anti-government rhetoric he's bought in to. 

• Like 1