Texas vs Tennessee: College World Series (Elimination)

chase25

He averages 8K's/9inn.

That shouldn't terrify me, but now it does.  His average start duration is 5 2/3 inn, has only gone 7+ innings in 5 outta 17 starts.  I'm guessing he's on a short leash today.  Only Dallas can't pitch today.  I suspect they'll save Heflin for Thursday if they make it that far (narrator:  They don't).  Nobody else threw more than an inning/17 pitches on Sunday outta the bullpen.  Their pen is not remarkable, but it is deep.  

All that to say, we gotta put the fucking ball in play today.  That's all there is to it.  Fuck strategery.  

Gametime!

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

He averages 8K's/9inn.

That shouldn't terrify me, but now it does.  His average start duration is 5 2/3 inn, has only gone 7+ innings in 5 outta 17 starts.  I'm guessing he's on a short leash today.  Only Dallas can't pitch today.  I suspect they'll save Heflin for Thursday if they make it that far (narrator:  They don't).  Nobody else threw more than an inning/17 pitches on Sunday outta the bullpen.  Their pen is not remarkable, but it is deep.  

All that to say, we gotta put the fucking ball in play today.  That's all there is to it.  Fuck strategery.  

Gametime!

The pitching stat that jumped out at me was the amount of bombs their starters have given up. Guess that means a) small home ballpark and/or b) they're always around the plate.

3 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Fuck, I hate the Tennessee gray unis, now I have to stare at them for 3 hours. Lets beat their ass!!!!

Could be worse, could be Vandy's black abominations.  And we could be listening to The Whistler, too.  So count your blessings...

• Hook 'Em 1