Texas vs Tennessee: College World Series (Elimination)

chase25

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

That's why I was asking what the rule was...Once upon a time he'd have been run over for standing there.

I believe contact with the catcher is allowed in college baseball so he could have been. Peoples did it against Baylor in ‘05 I believe.

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Defenders foot on base is part of base you espn idiots.

is it?  I've only watched baseball seriously my entire life and I've never heard that before.  Not saying it's not true but that's kind wild.

Also- poor baserunning cost us a run there by still being at 1b with 2 outs and the throw home. Inexcusable not to be standing on second at the end of that play. 3 run jimmy jack here would make that irrelevant.  

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

is it?  I've only watched baseball seriously my entire life and I've never heard that before.  Not saying it's not true but that's kind wild.

Also- poor baserunning cost us a run there by still being at 1b with 2 outs and the throw home. Inexcusable not to be standing on second at the end of that play. 3 run jimmy jack here would make that irrelevant.  

The 2B fielded the cutoff and would have seen Ardoin clear as day had he tried to take 2nd

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Our third base coach must be really good at what he does!

Reminds me of the Astros send of Altuve to beat the Yankees in 2017.  It required Gary Sanchez to drop the ball when Altuve should have been out by 15 feet.  Nice when you catch a break.  I'm ok with making them make a play there with 2 outs, but we got a big break by their catcher being an idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 1