Game 10: Horns vs Hoos - Omaha Elimination Edition

Pimphand

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Same here.   The 6-team double elimination regionals followed by the 8-team double elimination CWS were brutal on pitching staffs, and so much fun for fans.  

I bought an all regional ticket in Austin one year for a six-team regional.  I think this was one of the Larry Coker years.  He was the UH pitcher with a rubber arm.  He needed 0 rest.  It was great for a 20something kid.  I attended every game. I can't imagine anybody over the age of about 45 attending every game in a six-team regional.  I wonder if that is why they stopped, because of the older fans? 

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

No he wasn't.  He's had 6 hits in the regionals and supers. Three of those were against Southern in the first game. Hugely underwhelming for your #3.

Not uncharted waters for Zubia. He has been very streaky since the day he arrived. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Not uncharted waters for Zubia. He has been very streaky since the day he arrived. 

agreed.  his plate discipline got better in general and OBP and Average went up because of walks.  I'm hoping for one last hot streak.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yep but I haven't seen Zubia swinging at horrible pitches a bunch.  its hard to discern plate discipline from just the number of walks in a particular game.  a lot of it has to do with the types of pitches you get.

Ivan has been fouling off some good pitches.  he might be close but we need better than close. the 11 pitch AB for a single gives me hope.

Yeah the last month or so I’ve been worried about Ivan. Yeah his homer streak was impressive and historic, but he did it against (mostly) shit hooks. I understand why his leash is so long, he’s definitely got the most power on the team. Butttttt right this moment, we’d probably get more production out of Powell or DJ. Now that I said that, Ivan will probably go 3-5 tomorrow with 2 bombs and a bases clearing double or some shit cause baseball 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah the last month or so I’ve been worried about Ivan. Yeah his homer streak was impressive and historic, but he did it against (mostly) shit hooks. I understand why his leash is so long, he’s definitely got the most power on the team. Butttttt right this moment, we’d probably get more production out of Powell or DJ. Now that I said that, Ivan will probably go 3-5 tomorrow with 2 bombs and a bases clearing double or some shit cause baseball 

I will do fucking laps around the yard naked, screaming like a wild man if this comes to fruition. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well you raised her right to value education and finding a good life partner.  Nothing but honor in selecting UVA over Texas.

That said, tell her and your SIL to get ready to cry for their alma mater, and in a shameful way.  We're beating the living shit outta UVA tomorrow.  

Their pitching is about as effective as a drunken sea bass.  Fuck the Cavs! 

But what if these sea bass had really nasty dispositions and were armed with laser beams?

• Haha 1

100% agree on the old format. I feel asleep thinking about that the other night, talk about do or die in the losers bracket, it wasn’t win two and you’re in the bracket championship, it was win 4 I think then beat the loan undefeated twice to win it all. Sudden death every day for a week. Playing more often and more teams. The drama was awesome. 

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

They need to at least do like the D2 and D3 tournaments, where the losers' bracket winners switch brackets, so Vandy would be playing Miss State and we'd play NC State once we win tomorrow.

What's the purpose of that? Avoid rematches?

Yeah, midday is looking pretty fucked up there.  But there is only one game today at TD Ameritrade, ours---no matinee.  Storms do appear to let up later this evening, so by the looks of it---we can still play, just maybe delayed by an hour or two.  Gonna make Friday a little rougher on the team, but nothing too bad.  It would suck eggs though if we had to finish the game tomorrow morning, then wait for N.C. State/Vanderbilt, then come back at 6:00p and play our Friday night game.  

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

They need to at least do like the D2 and D3 tournaments, where the losers' bracket winners switch brackets, so Vandy would be playing Miss State and we'd play NC State once we win tomorrow.

9 hours ago, CDAK said:

What's the purpose of that? Avoid rematches?

The Women's College World Series does this as well.  It's kind of more compelling to me to watch a team flip sides and then work their way through it against the other teams. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

They pick themselves to eliminate us. How choice of them. 

At least they are mostly realistic about it.  Could you imagine the Aggy equivalent?

10 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I don't fault 'em for that.  The "Hoo" shit is embarrassingly stupid.

That's just like, your opinion, man | Know Your Meme

• immamac changed the title to Game 10: Horns vs Hoos - Omaha Elimination Edition