Game 10: Horns vs Hoos - Omaha Elimination Edition

Pimphand

2 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

This is from 4 years ago.

True.  Grabbed the wrong Google from the litany of much fresher layoff news pieces.

I won't go back and grab another, but if you doubt it, it's all just a couple of clicks away my man.

Just now, dcar00 said:

trash talking player to player on the field which no one in the stands can really see or hear is different than what sword boi did.

player could trash talk back and say "thanks hitless wonder" to Faltine.

that said, Karma settled it quite well. 

Sword boy did that to Texas, not to the fans. Most players showing their emotions do it the opposing teams with the sometimes added benefit of the crowd seeing it. If the guy faltine was talking trash to stopped in his tracks and went in faltines face then the entire crowd sees it and the board might have a different view point of the situation. My point is players pimp home runs or do the sword thing because people finally understood the unwritten rule of beaming a player with a 94mph fastball in the head was stupid. Let the kids play and have fun and if they can back it up, then more power to them but if not then they probably suck and shouldn’t be doing it. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I think the problem was we don't have a set of roommates whose dads roomed together in college or a SS who speaks 6 languages and Virginia had cancer dad.

I am pissed that SIDs at schools release as much player-linked misery as possible to the network trolls in the name of "human interest" stories. If I wanted to hear every competitor's "Make A Wish Foundation" application, I would watch American Idol or The Voice. There's a time and place for everything, in-game sporting events are not that place IMO, at least not regurgitated 50X per broadcast. The audience for these productions is more than just pre-teen girls and menopausal women. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Sword boy did that to Texas, not to the fans. Most players showing their emotions do it the opposing teams with the sometimes added benefit of the crowd seeing it. If the guy faltine was talking trash to stopped in his tracks and went in faltines face then the entire crowd sees it and the board might have a different view point of the situation. My point is players pimp home runs or do the sword thing because people finally understood the unwritten rule of beaming a player with a 94mph fastball in the head was stupid. Let the kids play and have fun and if they can back it up, then more power to them but if not then they probably suck and shouldn’t be doing it. 

Please tell us some more about NFL celebrations and while you're at it lets hear your thoughts on The Rock's latest ideas on variations of new eyebrow expressions. 

Help us to understand!

You're our only hope.

6 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

yeah "beaming" is stupid.  you got us.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Please tell us some more about NFL celebrations and while you're at it lets hear your thoughts on The Rock's latest ideas on variations of new eyebrow expressions. 

Help us to understand!

You're our only hope.

I’m really struggling to understand why you have a problem with a kid celebrating after pitching a great game. Wheres the line in the sand for you in terms of how or when they should be allowed to celebrate? 

3 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I see some of you haven’t yet figured out you’re not the target demographic anymore. 

Figured it out a looooong time ago.  I can understand that and still bitch.  Those are only two of my five tools.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Wait I want to hear more about who did or did not play in the Alaskan Summer League in the middle of the College World Series.

If Ben did the Super Bowl he would be telling stores about the Barcelona Dragons.

That discussion was so out of left field. It was like listening to some guys talk over beers while I tried to watch a baseball game. The conversation was a complete disconnect from the actual game being played.

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m really struggling to understand why you have a problem with a kid celebrating after pitching a great game. Wheres the line in the sand for you in terms of how or when they should be allowed to celebrate? 

He has a problem with theatrical celebrations on the field. Some people don't.

Most of us don't give a fuck about either opinion and just wish the discussion would stop.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

What a shifting of the goalposts.  You are not quite as clever as you think.

23 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He has a problem with theatrical celebrations on the field. Some people don't.

Most of us don't give a fuck about either opinion and just wish the discussion would stop.

this is yesterday's game thread.

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

my .02 is that it is ridiculous to do celebration dances on the mound in the middle of a game, and shit like that bites you in the ass almost every time. So I had no problem with it -- our players saw it and said fuck no these spazz boys are not going to beat us. 

But to be clear, it was ridiculous. Let your game do the talking, show some emotion, have some fun . . .  if you act like a clown ("princess on ecstasy" was much more apt) don't be surprised when you get clowned for it when we beat your ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

If we're gonna get to the Championship round we're facing Bednar at some point.  Just shake hands with that and accept it fellas.  

Beat the best to be the best, yada yada...

Yeah, and the second time in a week often doesn't go as well for the pitcher.

And Zach and Ivan must be feeling a weight off their shoulders after last night.  And Cam is due to hit one a mile.

Basically, we're gonna fuck him up.  It's science.

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, and the second time in a week often doesn't go as well for the pitcher.

Just ask Arky's stud about that.  Couldn't touch him in relief in the first game and then BOOM! in Game 2.  First loss all year.

57 minutes ago, texastough said:

my .02 is that it is ridiculous to do celebration dances on the mound in the middle of a game, and shit like that bites you in the ass almost every time. So I had no problem with it -- our players saw it and said fuck no these spazz boys are not going to beat us. 

But to be clear, it was ridiculous. Let your game do the talking, show some emotion, have some fun . . .  if you act like a clown ("princess on ecstasy" was much more apt) don't be surprised when you get clowned for it when we beat your ass.

IMG_3181.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

He lasted about 20 years longer than he should have. He had a funny thing going for a little while, but it wore out really fast. They should dump pretty much the entire ESPN staff and start over.

4 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Looks like rain is entirely gone. I assume 6 is not happening though due to this game not finishing yet. 

Yes, supposed to be 65 minutes after the end of this game.  Somewhere around 7-7:15 seems likely.

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

@DoneWithitYou know what's stupid? It is needing for players to dance around on the mound and sheath pretend swords in order to enjoy a perfect, beautiful game.  That's pure, unadulterated stupidity.  It's also stupid not to understand the difference between jawjacking some guys who have acted like douches at every opportunity and, well, being douchebags on the field at every opportunity.  Sorry you can't grasp this.

That said, I'm still glad he did it b/c had he not there wouldn't have been this delicious moment to absorb.  Picture of Kansas City whathaveyou being rethought.  Beautiful.

Thank you Karma ---

IMG_3181.jpeg

image.gif.055778fa6dcc1b5ad0f52d2ed5dd4601.gif

• Haha 1