Kerrville and Hunt

CoTex

Crider's Rodeo and Dancehall Saturday night... cover charge for each...or...the following Friday night back at Crider's early for Catfish.

The Hunt Store has been having live music weekend nights... the cafe and store are being run by King's Smokehouse, and they do a decent job, just takes a while...and camp opening/closing days can be brutal.

Bridget's Basket for dinner in Hunt...call ahead for reservations...lots of locals to deal with...

Dinner in Kerrville at Grape Juice...(owner Patrick was a wine rep, and is a knowledgeable/fun guy)...kitchen is consistent with apps/salads/entrees with a nightly special, and lots of beers on tap...lots of reasonable wine choices...call early for reservation or be shut out...again lots of locals as well as our out of town friends.

Pint and Plow also good for a few locally brewed beers.

Buddy Henderson's BBQ in Hunt...past Camp Waldemar @ Quinn Ranch Crossing for lunch on Saturday...decent until he runs out.

There's also the Ingram Dam for some water sliding action if you are so inclined.

Also of note, the river trails in Kerrville have really been improved, and are a great place to jog/walk/bike early mornings/evenings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HillCountryHorn said:

Crider's Rodeo and Dancehall Saturday night... cover charge for each...or...the following Friday night back at Crider's early for Catfish.

The Hunt Store has been having live music weekend nights... the cafe and store are being run by King's Smokehouse, and they do a decent job, just takes a while...and camp opening/closing days can be brutal.

Bridget's Basket for dinner in Hunt...call ahead for reservations...lots of locals to deal with...

Dinner in Kerrville at Grape Juice...(owner Patrick was a wine rep, and is a knowledgeable/fun guy)...kitchen is consistent with apps/salads/entrees with a nightly special, and lots of beers on tap...lots of reasonable wine choices...call early for reservation or be shut out...again lots of locals as well as our out of town friends.

Buddy Henderson's BBQ in Hunt...past Camp Waldemar @ Quinn Ranch Crossing for lunch on Saturday...decent until he runs out.

There's also the Ingram Dam for some water sliding action if you are so inclined.

Also of note, the river trails in Kerrville have really been improved, and are a great place to jog/walk/bike early mornings/evenings.

Pretty much this.

To me a visit to Hunt isn’t complete without The Hunt Store, Crider’s, and sliding down Ingram Dam.

A buddy recently retired there, and he has had good things to say about the Southern Sky Music Cafe in Ingram.  Apparently they are getting some good musicians to come through.

If you are picking up girls, you can always make the trip over to James Avery (if that is still a thing).  That was always my least favorite part when we picked up my sister.

11 hours ago, HillCountryHorn said:

Seconded on Crider’s. Definitely my highlight of every Mo Ranch family trip when I was growing up. The place is like a Jerry Jeff Walker song if it came to life. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

If you are picking up girls, you can always make the trip over to James Avery (if that is still a thing).  That was always my least favorite part when we picked up my sister.

So we aren’t doing phrasing anymore?
  • Haha 1