Big Brother 23

4th&Five

34 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ve never worked with autistic kids. Or people with autism in general…I guess if I were to look at her, I wouldn’t have guessed it

yeah i actually have worked with a guy with autism/aspergers before. back when i was working at my school, a woman who worked in the office asked me if i would be willing to spend time her grown son who had aspergers, and he and i used to spend time together hanging out, going to the movies, going to get food and things like that. he's a really nice guy and i really feel for him, because as much as i've struggled with my mental health in my life, there are so many things available to me that will never be available to him, and that kind of stuff really hits home.

also, he would say his thoughts out loud at times, and that could be heartbreaking to hear. that said, we ended up getting him a job at our school, and i thought that was really good for both him and the kids. he would go around to our various study halls and gather the books and materials that were left over and being them back to our office, and he became a fixture in our after school program. i was really glad for him to have that experience, and for the kids to get to be around him, and for the fact that him being "different" became normalized to the kids. i have a lot of empathy for people with any kind of mental/brain/personality disorder, and knowing that about Britni definitely changes the way i view her and her actions. i hope she does well on this season and feels good about her performance.

• Hook 'Em 1

CBS has lot the plot. this show is so got damn lazy now. just throw a bunch of models into a house and watch them not compete all summer. enthralling. and as if their casting process + the ensuing lack of competition weren't ridiculous enough, their "twists" are total garbage. not only have the "powers" that they've offered for a win been so lame/useless that nobody has used them, but then they go and edit the show as if it's some big suspenseful decision that could go either way. they even cut to commercial on a "cliffhanger", and then return to a bunch of super insincere talking head sound bites including the guy she's colluding with saying, "i really hope she doesn't accept this power."

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488684bnx03mirisuban01

CBS is fucking lame as hell for this shit. This show is hot garbage, and has been for years. i'm going to keep watching, but god damn this formula they've got going is stupid. this is a lazily produced show, and it's sad, because it could easily be fixed. 

Edited by shadow_operative

Azha is stuuupid. Why is she even babying Britni like that in the first place? Britni is a grown woman, she is a teacher, a dancer, a karate master, and she came on big brother to compete. why are you flipping your shit that she might be on the block again? what did you even come into this house for if you feel this way? you're angrily protesting the game being played at its most basic level because the girl cries when she loses? and you're throwing a tantrum about it? seriously; why are you here? 

CBS has a race problem with the season. Frenchy promises that he won’t nominate a woman or a person of color. CBS only airs the woman promise. So some on the internet are pissed at cbs for “hiding” that promise that he broke.  Not to mention that they have an alliance that is solely based on race. Sure, there have definitely been all white alliances in the past but I fairly certain they didn’t bring in all of the white cast into those alliances.

It will be interesting to see how the cookout alliance holds on. I think azha’s plea to be nominated shows cracks in it. And on the reverse, what happens if or when other contestants notice a pattern. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

CBS has a race problem with the season. Frenchy promises that he won’t nominate a woman or a person of color. CBS only airs the woman promise. So some on the internet are pissed at cbs for “hiding” that promise that he broke.  Not to mention that they have an alliance that is solely based on race. Sure, there have definitely been all white alliances in the past but I fairly certain they didn’t bring in all of the white cast into those alliances.
It will be interesting to see how the cookout alliance holds on. I think azha’s plea to be nominated shows cracks in it. And on the reverse, what happens if or when other contestants notice a pattern. 

An all white alliance based just on their skin nicknamed the blizzard would burn CBS to the ground
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lateshow said:

So they’re targeting the third consecutive white guy this week. It’s obvious what’s going on here. If it was three straight POC, there would be an uproar. I’m out. 

It was three straight POC two seasons ago.  We're you out then?  Why would you be out because of this?  Frenchie the white guy decided to boot the first white guy.  Frenchie was one of the biggest disaster at HOH is the history of the show and had to be evicted.  He was a fucking lunatic and would have made the game too unpredictable.  Brent is on the verge of sexually assaulting someone and his creepy behavior has all the women weirded out.  Just how would you have liked these first three weeks to go?    

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:26 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Since the casts were mostly 15 white people and one POC, I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.  And since they would vote the black person out first every season, there was more or less an all white alliance with every white cast member in it.  It only lasted one week though.  As far as every black houseguest being in it, like any alliance, I don't think they are all actually in it.  A couple of them are being dragged along for numbers.  Azah isn't going to last long the way she's playing.  She needs to be the one to blow it up and it needs to happen next week.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

It was three straight POC two seasons ago.  We're you out then?  Why would you be out because of this?  Frenchie the white guy decided to boot the first white guy.  Frenchie was one of the biggest disaster at HOH is the history of the show and had to be evicted.  He was a fucking lunatic and would have made the game too unpredictable.  Brent is on the verge of sexually assaulting someone and his creepy behavior has all the women weirded out.  Just how would you have liked these first three weeks to go?    

Not exactly what I was getting at. Just kind of expounding on what Nice Guy Eddie said. The noticeable effort on CBS's part to get more diverse, the "Cookout", an alliance based strictly on skin color, and the targets so far being all the white males and the white autistic girl. It's all part of an obvious concerted effort by CBS and Big Brother. But yes, Frenchie being a fucking moron didn't help his cause. 

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Not exactly what I was getting at. Just kind of expounding on what Nice Guy Eddie said. The noticeable effort on CBS's part to get more diverse, the "Cookout", an alliance based strictly on skin color, and the targets so far being all the white males and the white autistic girl. It's all part of an obvious concerted effort by CBS and Big Brother. But yes, Frenchie being a fucking moron didn't help his cause. 

CBS didn't have to orchestrate this.  They've orchestrated it for 22 seasons by throwing one POC in there with 15 white people.  What do you think would happen when, for the first time in the history of the show, they've actually got a diverse cast?  To quote Fear of the Black Hat, "yo, we got some hats now, motherfuckers."  And the white people they are evicting are fucking awful to watch.  I bet the white folks in the past would have targeted the same people, once they'd decolorized the house of course.  Good riddance.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, lateshow said:

lol what?  Frenchie put up a black guy and a Hispanic chick on the block week one.  Then he tried to put up the asian guy until he won safety for the week?  Stop with the race bull shit.  In this political climate, CBS is obviously trying to shed light on certain topics.  I wish that wasn't the case because I like to watch tv to get away from political bullshit.  But they definitely don't have a concerted effort of targeting white males. 

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 1

dude what the fuck man. i'm not even halfway through this episode and i have to pause it come here and comment on the fact that more than half of the cast has already cried this season. seriously- what. in. the. fuck. have any of these people ever seen this show? do any of them want to compete? this woke shit has gone too far man. every other second someone is crying and being consoled over *nothing*. i've never bought into the whole "pussification of america" stuff, but between all of olympians suddenly quitting mid-olympics and this current cast of BB i am just totally taken aback at the mental fragility that's suddenly on display everywhere i look.

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm watching the live feeds right now, and they're all in the living room trying to do some musical thing, and everyone is just having fun and laughing, except for Azah, who is trying to pretend like she's just having a good time, who is clearly talking this all very too seriously. she keeps screaming at Brent for messing it up, and then acting like she thinks it's funny, but you can tell she's really pissed. living with that would drive me crazy. 

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

dude what the fuck man. i'm not even halfway through this episode and i have to pause it come here and comment on the fact that more than half of the cast has already cried this season. seriously- what. in. the. fuck. have any of these people ever seen this show? do any of them want to compete? this woke shit has gone too far man. every other second someone is crying and being consoled over *nothing*. i've never bought into the whole "pussification of america" stuff, but between all of olympians suddenly quitting mid-olympics and this current cast of BB i am just totally taken aback at the mental fragility that's suddenly on display everywhere i look.

Is this a bit?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Is this a bit?

is this a serious question? this show should be embarrassed by how far it's fallen. name any legendary BB player ever. any one. they were cunning, calculated, they took the game seriously, and they were ruthless when they had to be. now how many of them were talking about how badly they needed to see their family on day 1? how many of them were crying week two because they were nominated? crying because they nominated someone who then cried? i am *literally* hypersensitive and yet *i'm* over here just blown away at how often this cast is found crying and disconsolate over the smallest little things, things which are basic facets of this game. you don't cast people like this for this show. it's a slap in the face. it would be like casting NFL wide receivers for The Biggest Loser, or morbidly obese, wheelchair ridden diabetics for The Challenge. it's ridiculous, and it's 100% due to CBS's woke-ass casting. bye bye evel dick, dan gheesling, and derrick levasseur; hello cast full of mentally fragile attractive people who have zero clue what the game is even about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

give me a cast of 16 ugly people who seriously want to play the game over this asinine mess of weepy models who were recruited to the game based on their race, sexual orientation, and wokeness. even the dumbass redneck farmer said he has a gay, black best friend. the fact that being woke and attractive will get you on BB over folks who have an actual desire to play this game is fucking stupid, and the show is hurting for it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

give me a cast of 16 ugly people who seriously want to play the game over this asinine mess of weepy models who were recruited to the game based on their race, sexual orientation, and wokeness. even the dumbass redneck farmer said he has a gay, black best friend. the fact that being woke and attractive will get you on BB over folks who have an actual desire to play this game is fucking stupid, and the show is hurting for it.

Have we even been watching the same show the past several seasons?  This is the first time they didn't go out and cast a bunch of pretty models and influencers, and they actually cast people who are fans of the show and know the game.  The only difference between this season and the pre-influencer era seasons is they didn't cast all white people.  I don't think they've ever not had at least one gay person on a season.  This season and cast aren't hurting the show.  What was killing it was casting a bunch of racists and setting them loose, with 24 hour surveillance, on the 2 to 3 people of color that they casted for tokenism.  Everything you've posted today is asinine and 100% false.  Who are all these crying people you're seeing?  I've seen Brittany cry because she's nominated and I can't remember anyone else ever crying.  I'm sure they did, so don't bother giving me a wall of text about it, but it's not excessive.  What is going on with you today?  Why all the racially charged anger at a show that is FINALLY trying to do the right thing?  22 seasons of racist casting and the first time they actually try to fix it and all of the sudden you're Tucker Carlson?   I have a feeling this is one of your posting days you are going to look back at in about 24-48 hours and feel shitty about.  If not, you should because you sound racist as fuck and I don't think that's your thing.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I bet there's a direct correlation with people that love using the word woke with how much they also love to use the n word

wrong again. like i said, i've never talked like this in my life, but CBS has gone so overboard trying to be woke that they aren't even casting people who know anything about the game or how it works. CBS is prioritizing race and wokeness, this isn't even an assertion, it's a fact, and it's fundamentally changing the show. who wants to watch the HOH crying on day 8 because he has to nominate people?

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Have we even been watching the same show the past several seasons?  This is the first time they didn't go out and cast a bunch of pretty models and influencers, and they actually cast people who are fans of the show and know the game.  The only difference between this season and the pre-influencer era seasons is they didn't cast all white people.  I don't think they've ever not had at least one gay person on a season.  This season and cast aren't hurting the show.  What was killing it was casting a bunch of racists and setting them loose, with 24 hour surveillance, on the 2 to 3 people of color that they casted for tokenism.  Everything you've posted today is asinine and 100% false.  Who are all these crying people you're seeing?  I've seen Brittany cry because she's nominated and I can't remember anyone else ever crying.  I'm sure they did, so don't bother giving me a wall of text about it, but it's not excessive.  What is going on with you today?  Why all the racially charged anger at a show that is FINALLY trying to do the right thing?  22 seasons of racist casting and the first time they actually try to fix it and all of the sudden you're Tucker Carlson?   I have a feeling this is one of your posting days you are going to look back at in about 24-48 hours and feel shitty about.  If not, you should because you sound racist as fuck and I don't think that's your thing.   

you're an idiot, as usual, and you are 100% factually wrong with pretty much everything you've said here. you really don't remember all of the crying people? go rewatch the episodes. you think that these people are all BB fans and not people who were recruited because of their race, wokeness, and looks? go check your facts, because again, you're wrong.

finally, what in the fuck are you talking about with all of these insane racist accusations you're throwing at me? what have i said that is even *remotely* racist? truly, tell me. because NEWSFLASH ASSHOLE: nothing i've posted about race here is my own opinion, it's all fact. did you miss the literal memo that CBS sent about making sure that half the cast was black? did you not watch the opening episode where Derek said, "i'm fat, i'm black, and i'm gay! what more could you want!?!" 

jesus christ you fucking retard, the gall of you to come at me like this when you are factually fucking clueless is par for the course for you. goddamn you're as annoying as you are misinformed.

these people are too soft for Big Brother. even Kyland and Xavier have cried on back to back HoH's because they had to nominate people (go pokes apparently didn't watch the entire two weeks when they were in charge). Britni cries like a toddler because she gets nominated; Azah cries because Britni is sad for being nominated, and then starts a fight with her ally because she's so upset about it. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BB PLAYERS.

i watch the live feeds. these people are not BB fans. most of them had never seen the show before they were recruited. they are the same old Love Island cast members that we normally get, only more racially diverse and hypersensitive. it's shitty casting, and it's 100% because they aren't trying to cast actual players, but instead are trying to cast woke models and to fill racial quotas. if hearing these facts makes you uncomfortable then grow the fuck up or go find another show.

51 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Imagine taking a reality TV show this seriously

i take being accused of racism this seriously, asshole. as anyone should. don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. you and that okie idiot calling me a racist and telling me that i use the n-word was way out of line, and you can either own it and apologize or you can both go kick rocks.

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you're an idiot, as usual, and you are 100% factually wrong with pretty much everything you've said here. you really don't remember all of the crying people? go rewatch the episodes. you think that these people are all BB fans and not people who were recruited because of their race, wokeness, and looks? go check your facts, because again, you're wrong.

finally, what in the fuck are you talking about with all of these insane racist accusations you're throwing at me? what have i said that is even *remotely* racist? truly, tell me. because NEWSFLASH ASSHOLE: nothing i've posted about race here is my own opinion, it's all fact. did you miss the literal memo that CBS sent about making sure that half the cast was black? did you not watch the opening episode where Derek said, "i'm fat, i'm black, and i'm gay! what more could you want!?!" 

jesus christ you fucking retard, the gall of you to come at me like this when you are factually fucking clueless is par for the course for you. goddamn you're as annoying as you are misinformed.

Everything you said is total bullshit and once you get your meds right and reread the complete bullshit you've posted the last 24 hours and the insane ranting, you'll realize what a racist lunatic you've sounded like.  Yes I saw the memo from CBS and I totally agree with it.  I just rewatched BB8 and watching how uncomfortable Jemeka was in that house was kind of unsettling.  And that was before they started casting 25% racist assholes.  These people know the game better than every cast they've had the past 5-8 years.  Who in this cast doesn't know the game?  Derek X is the only one and he is a quick learning mother fucker.  He was a better player than Fessy after 2 days in the house.  Sorry you're so anti-wokeness, but it was a change that needed to be made.  Get used to not seeing lily white casts on this show or go find anther show on the White Power network.  It's here to stay and it was a needed change.  And again, if you aren't already talking to your Dr., please do today.  

Edited by Go Pokes

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i take being accused of racism this seriously, asshole. as anyone should. don't run your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about. you and that okie idiot calling me a racist and telling me that i use the n-word was way out of line, and you can either own it and apologize or you can both go kick rocks.

The shoe fits.  Seems like your big problem with this cast is the color of their skin.  

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

And so I don't have to read your 2,000 word rant of you calling me names, I'll respond to your next post in advance:

Almost everything you are raging about occurs in every season of every reality comp show that we all watch and discuss.  People cry excessively all the time and we laugh at them.  Some of the players on every season of every show don't know the game very well and we make fun of them.  Every show has gay people in the cast.  And every other show we watch does a much better of having a diverse cast.  BB has lagged WAY behind Survivor, The Challenge, Amazing Race, etc.  Hell, even the Bachelor was better than BB, and it's fucking awful.  BB has been so bad for so long, they couldn't fix this problem incrementally.  They had to do it big and all in one big move.  And that seems to be the thing you have a problem with.  Like I said in my first post, I've never thought you were racist and this seems out of character for you.  But I don't see anything different this season of BB compared to other shows other than the race issue.  Racist people use words like "woke" to justify their rejection of inclusivity and that's exactly what you sound like.  

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

these people are too soft for Big Brother. even Kyland and Xavier have cried on back to back HoH's because they had to nominate people (go pokes apparently didn't watch the entire two weeks when they were in charge). Britni cries like a toddler because she gets nominated; Azah cries because Britni is sad for being nominated, and then starts a fight with her ally because she's so upset about it. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BB PLAYERS.

i watch the live feeds. these people are not BB fans. most of them had never seen the show before they were recruited. they are the same old Love Island cast members that we normally get, only more racially diverse and hypersensitive. it's shitty casting, and it's 100% because they aren't trying to cast actual players, but instead are trying to cast woke models and to fill racial quotas. if hearing these facts makes you uncomfortable then grow the fuck up or go find another show.

You are a fucking liar.  You don't watch the live feeds or you would know almost of these people are huge BB fans.  Go Pokes is pretty much dead on about everything and you seem to be watching BB20 or BB21 right now.  Go away or continue to embarrass yourself.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

You are a fucking liar.  You don't watch the live feeds or you would know almost of these people are huge BB fans.  Go Pokes is pretty much dead on about everything and you seem to be watching BB20 or BB21 right now.  Go away or continue to embarrass yourself.  

wow.  I didn't even read that post since I don't read most of what he says when he's off his meds, but that 2nd paragraph is the biggest bunch of shit he's posted.  It's weird how he can watch the live feeds and come away with this opinion when every single "BB expert" out there has the complete opposite opinion that he does.  I can't think of one single player from this season that fits his description.  I can't think of about 9 from each of the past several seasons though.  Either he's the only BB genius on the planet, or there's something else about this cast that's setting him off.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

https://myiclicktv.com/big-brother-news-bb23-is-cast-recruit-or-fan-check-out-the-answer/

One of the recruits (bald woman) was replaced by superfan Claire.

He ought to read this link.  I'm having a hard time identifying who the "woke models" who aren't BB fans are.  I suppose he could mean Christain, the dude who is destroying the game.  Maybe Kyland, who is also killing it.  Travis might fit, but he's been gone since week 1, so I can't imagine he's bothering him.  I guess it will remain a mystery until he comes back with his next 5,000 word tome of inaccurate bullshit.  (Insert Bart Scott gif here).