Big Brother 23

4th&Five

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I can't wait til Derek is the first black winner of BB and while the cookout will have succeeded they will have failed because that tub of goo will be their ambassador lmao

lmao i had the same thought. god that would be so funny. something straight out of Arrested Development. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Tiffany or small Derek will have to win Americas Favorite I am guessing huh?

for sure. i think the finalists will be Hannah, Tiffany, and Derek X, and i think that Hannah will get like 15% of that vote, with DX and Tiffany being very close. i give the slight edge to DX right now though. 

1 minute ago, McFly said:

Only two people compete in part 2

right. guess i've been reading too many twitter posts while i'm four whiskeys deep. they're all starting to blend together. hell, i'm even remembering now that they posted, "X is heading into the DR and part two of the final is about to begin." goddamnit derka. 

Posting while the finale is still going on, but Derek Frazier’s delusion is one of the most remarkable TV moments of 2021. Tiffany somehow kept a stiff upper lip as Big D claimed he created The Cookout and manipulated the outcomes. Azah looks stoned, from anger or just overwhelmed by the moment, it’s hard to tell.

i mean it sucks to say, but this was the best season in, what, five years? more? i think that the show will be better moving forward because if this season. the previous 3-4+ seasons were all carbon copies and super uninteresting. this one wasn't a ton better in terms of entertainment,  it at least it would be just a copy/paste every year now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i mean it sucks to say, but this was the best season in, what, five years? more? i think that the show will be better moving forward because if this season. the previous 3-4+ seasons were all carbon copies and super uninteresting. this one wasn't a ton better in terms of entertainment,  it at least it would be just a copy/paste every year now. 

I kinda think this season sucked, but at least it sucked for different reasons.  I feel like we missed out on some really good game play this season because of the CO.   I'd like to see what TIff, X, and Kyland could do in this game if they aren't handcuffed to a group they can't turn on.   And I'd like to have seen Derek F and Azah be eliminated prejury like they would have been.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Best season in five years? Bull fucking shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

I kinda think this season sucked, but at least it sucked for different reasons.  I feel like we missed out on some really good game play this season because of the CO.   I'd like to see what TIff, X, and Kyland could do in this game if they aren't handcuffed to a group they can't turn on.   And I'd like to have seen Derek F and Azah be eliminated prejury like they would have been.  

Yep I think it sucked too.  I mean their plan was legit and everything, but it made for a boring ass season.  There was pretty much no drama until the Kyland vote(unless you want to count Frenchie being a lunatic lol).  Everything else was pretty lame and predictable. 

Agreed this handcuffed Tiffany and Kyland.  Also think they 4 person team shit was stupid at the start of the season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I loved hearing the jury laugh when Derek F claimed to have done so much in that house. WTF is going on in his head? Xavier could have said nothing, held up his finger claiming he was #1, and walked out with $750k.

And I have a hard time thinking that Azah would've actually taken Xavier to the final 2 had she won HOH. And if she had taken X, it would've been a unanimous sweep.

I was shocked to hear that Derek X had only watched 2 seasons of BB. I feel like everyone (other than Meta World Peace) is a superfan at this point.

well obviously you guys disagree, but i found watching The Cookout attempt to/succeed in accomplishing their mission to be more entertaining than watching Michie gorge himself into obesity while running the entire game, or watching fucking Memphis bore me to death while running the entire game. yeah, there was a lack of drama, but from what i can remember there's always this exact same lack of drama, save the season when Fessy's retarded ass made it to where every single eviction shocked half the house. aside from that season (BB 19?), i enjoyed this one as much as/more than any of the previous 4-5 seasons.

i feel like you guys don't remember the recent seasons that well, sabe the season where it was Fessy vs Tyler. we were all complaining about all of the other recent seasons as well, and for the same reasons: no real drama, one side running the entire house, lack of blond sides, lack of action, etc. we had all of that this year as well, only this year TC made history with what they were able to accomplish. to me it was just as interesting as pretty much any recent season, again, save for Fessy's hilarious ineptitude. 

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i feel like you guys don't remember the recent seasons that well, sabe the season where it was Fessy vs Tyler. we were all complaining about all of the other recent seasons as well, and for the same reasons: no real drama, one side running the entire house, lack of blond sides, lack of action, etc. we had all of that this year as well, only this year TC made history with what they were able to accomplish. to me it was just as interesting as pretty much any recent season, again, save for Fessy's hilarious ineptitude. 

I think, instead of comparing this season to past seasons, we are comparing this season to what could have been this season.  At least I am.  Yeah, it was better than every recent season except for Tyler's, but it was still pretty boring.  Absolutely no chance of anything happening from the time we got to jury to the final 6.  Seeing if the CO could pull it off was the only interesting part of the season.  But the CO is also the reason it was so bad.  The most impressive alliance we've ever seen basically made the season a snooze fest.   Having to boot out good players like Claire, DX, SB and Alyssa to keep two worthless sleeping lumps of flesh took a lot of the fun out of the season and 90% of the strategy.   At least I think almost everybody is happy with the way it ended and who won.  Can't even say that about a lot of recent seasons.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, Go Pokes said:

I think, instead of comparing this season to past seasons, we are comparing this season to what could have been this season.  At least I am.  Yeah, it was better than every recent season except for Tyler's, but it was still pretty boring.  Absolutely no chance of anything happening from the time we got to jury to the final 6.  Seeing if the CO could pull it off was the only interesting part of the season.  But the CO is also the reason it was so bad.  The most impressive alliance we've ever seen basically made the season a snooze fest.   Having to boot out good players like Claire, DX, SB and Alyssa to keep two worthless sleeping lumps of flesh took a lot of the fun out of the season and 90% of the strategy.   At least I think almost everybody is happy with the way it ended and who won.  Can't even say that about a lot of recent seasons.  

I agree. I even said early on, in this thread I believe, that X was one the players I was rooting for. But once it became so boring and worthless to watch, I bailed. I've never bailed on a season until this one. 

I agree. I even said early on, in this thread I believe, that X was one the players I was rooting for. But once it became so boring and worthless to watch, I bailed. I've never bailed on a season until this one. 

I stuck it out. I usually listen to a wrap up podcast the next day and I didn’t even do that this season. I’d say you make the right decision.