Big Brother 23

4th&Five

it's funny how CBS spends the entire episode telegraphing that Hannah and Whitney will be on the block, and then they go to the final commercial break with Christian like, "man, this is a tough decision, not sure what i'm gonna do 🤷🏼‍♂️", lol. 

ftr i most agreed with the points that sarah beth made- whitney sucks at this game and isn't a threat at anything, and keeping her around could help if one of their alliance finds themselves on the block next to her. they should keep her around imo. 

Whitney has a nice face and boobs, but that dumper is a mess. I guess Phil can check it out in person at that post-show party he regularly attends, provided it happens.

Others have wondered who Sarah Beth reminds them of... I think Zooey Deschanel was mentioned earlier, and I get a Zooey/slimmed era Sara Rue hybrid vibe. I was just looking at Sarah Beth’s photos (as I tried to confirm her name, I wasn’t sure), and her cast photos aren’t that great, she’s definitely someone who looks better on video than in a still shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

production-wise, CBS continues to be clueless. they spend the entire episode trying to build it up that Hannah may go home, yet before every commercial break they show everyone waiting to vote and you can see that Whitney is all dolled up and in a nice outfit while Hannah is basically in pajamas. gee, i wonder which one is going home. 

also lol at "the big reveal" that the teams are being broken up. how many years in a row now do the houseguests all know exactly when the "twists" are coming? julie kept pausing, expecting them to gasp and freak out, and they all just stared blankly back at her. watching CBS just hit copy/paste like this every year makes me really appreciate The Challenge. 

Edited by shadow_operative

2 hours ago, lateshow said:

Wonder why Julie told Whitney about the Royal Flush and not The Cookout? 

No surprise CBS has some issues about talking about the Cookout. Without a doubt, CBS has had problems in previous seasons with mainly white people winning and being the extreme majority of the cast. It doesn’t take a genius to anticipate that having the house start off 40% African American could lead to all an AA alliance that targets white people. And while the Cookout doesn’t state it that they’re targeting any white people, it’s pretty much the obvious result.

HoH

Spoiler

No surprises here: 

The battle of attrition lasted a measly 1 hour and 23 minutes with Derek Xiao outlasting the others and winning the Head of Household title.

Derek Frazier was the first to fall at 10 minutes and 7 seconds. 

• Haha 1

i still hate that "players" like Derek F get picked to be on this show. i was literally typing out a post last night about how this dude does nothing but sleep when they aired the entire segment about how this dude does nothing but sleep. he was cast solely because he's fat, black, and gay, as CBS pointed out to us on opening night. such a waste of such a coveted spot. this season has been super boring, and Derek F is the poster child for that. 

also, we're going on year, i dunno, 6, 7, 8 (more?) where everyone in the house who becomes hoh is afraid to make any moves. from that dumbass frenchie promising safety to the entire house, to christian's sick game move of evicting whitney 🙄, it's just so ducking scared and boring and predictable every year. i'm really hopeful that Derek X can back door Christian, but i won't hold my breath. 

Spoiler

My opinion about Tiffany went down a few notches by her talking about the royal flush in front of Hannah. It's also the second time that Derek X was involved in a conversation that led to info being released. When he talked about Whitney going home in front of her.  You're involved in conversations all day, and you have to be mindful how everyone around you will interpret what you're saying. 

Lotsa drama in the BB house, Hamsterwatch has the (long) recap. I’ll actually put the link under a spoiler tag so no one opens it by accident. 

Spoiler

Only go to this site if you want to know what’s happening before CBS shows the edited version http://www.hamsterwatch.com

TLDR: The latest on Christian and it looks like some fraying of The Cookout, Derek Frazier and Azah are over Tiffany

Edited by Vito Andolini

9 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Lotsa drama in the BB house, Hamsterwatch has the (long) recap. I’ll actually put the link under a spoiler tag so no one opens it by accident. 

Hide contents

Only go to this site if you want to know what’s happening before CBS shows the edited version http://www.hamsterwatch.com

TLDR: The latest on Christian and it looks like some fraying of The Cookout, Derek Frazier and Azah are over Tiffany

Spoiler

Azah and Derek F suuuccckkkkk. Derek is straight up a fat, lazy bum and an example of why you don't select HG's based on skin color, sexual orientation, and obesity. just a totally useless HG. he's the new Matt, replacing eating cereal with sleeping. Azah seems like a completely two faced person, especially when you watch the feeds. she likes to get dolled up and smile a lot and act like she's some sweet, friendly girl when in reality she seems spiteful, jealous, and combative. it doesn't surprise that the two of them are "done with" Tiffany who has actually been playing the game from day 1. 

there's a BB twitter feed that i occasionally check, and in their "america's favorite HG" poll that they do every week i've seen Claire listed on the top three every time. that baffles me. before last night she was barely even on the show, and it's not like she's doing anything special on the feeds either. can't explain that one at all. 

couple more things:

•Britni's temper tantrums are beyond old at this point. 

•Alyssa and Christian are pretty shitty at this game. they kept on repeating, "this is NOT what's best for your game" over and over and over, without ever giving a single reason as to why that is. i don't know why it always surprises me how little self awareness people have, but on both the Challenge and BB whenever a clearly strong player gets targeted fairly early on, 9/10 times they freak out, just totally miffed as to why they would be a target. HELLO. you're a strong player, people think that you'll beat them in the end, so they want you out. stop being such a pussy about it and take it for the compliment that it is. 

•Alyssa and them acting all incensed that SB would take the money is beyond stupid. same goes to for Baby D not taking the money from her.

Edited by shadow_operative

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

there's a BB twitter feed that i occasionally check, and in their "america's favorite HG" poll that they do every week i've seen Claire listed on the top three every time. that baffles me. before last night she was barely even on the show, and it's not like she's doing anything special on the feeds either. can't explain that one at all. 

Claire is probably the biggest BB fan in the house and is considered the most knowledgeable about the game which is why she is probably ranked so high.  Most of those voting in that poll are live feed watchers and not the casual CBS viewers.