Big Brother 23

4th&Five

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

these chicks telling Kyland to throw the HOH to them is ridiculous.

Yeah and all the whining and shit.  I can't stand Azah.  I know you like Tiffany, but I am not a fan of her either.  

At this point I really don't know who I like out of these people lol.  Skinny Derek and Kyland are probably who i would root for if I had to make a choice right now. 

I would have like to see an unedited version of how long it took Tiffany to make the wrong answer for the final HoH question. The edit made it look like an extremely long time which should raise suspicions with the non-cookout contestants. I'm not sure Kyland was ever going to answer. Perhaps he would have eventually answered it incorrectly on purpose but he also could have done that from the beginning.

Very weak that Azah and Tiffany can only be HoH if their alliance members give it to them. And both of them seem perfectly ok that they're only value is for voting on Thursday.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah and all the whining and shit.  I can't stand Azah.  I know you like Tiffany, but I am not a fan of her either.  

At this point I really don't know who I like out of these people lol.  Skinny Derek and Kyland are probably who i would root for if I had to make a choice right now. 

I like Xavier, Derek X, and Kyland. But not all that much. Any other season and they'd just be floaters. I also like Alyssa, but just for eye candy. She does nothing. 

i like tiffany because she reminds me of friends of mine and because she's been actively playing the game from the jump, but she's tripping for asking that one of her alliance members just throw her the hoh because she has kids. shit is weak.

Azah just straight up sucks as a person and seems like she is just awful to be around. bratty, entitled, bitchy, emotional, and a totally two faced person. if the final two are jutland and derek f, and kyland has 4 HoH's, and 3 veto comp wins and Derek has won nothing, Azah will not only vote for Derek but she will insist that she's voting for who she thinks played the better game. she's one of those. 

The Jokers aren't even playing the game. They are going to be easy targets in the near future, and bitter jurors to boot...maybe not Britni. I would like to see Derek F and Tiffany have an erring of grievances with each other, though. According to CBS, he has a lot of built up anger heading her way.

2 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

Big D brings nothing to this season. Who in America voted for him to get BB bucks? Dude is never standing or sitting up. He is always laying down or leaning back on something...or breathing so hard bc he had to walk to the HOH room. Fat.

His effort trying to get up the wall for OTEV was hilarious and pathetic

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's pretty boring. the fact that nobody has picked up on the all-black alliance is a damning indictment on the cast. 

I'll bet they've picked up on it, but are too scared to say anything about it in fear of being called racist. 

Just now, UTPhil2006 said:

Everyone knows about it and cant do anything about it or they'll be cancelled outside of the house

Yep. I was called a racist earlier in this thread for calling it out. Imagine the shit the actual people in the house would go through if they confronted them.

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Everyone knows about it and cant do anything about it or they'll be cancelled outside of the house

They showed Derek X realizing that there are no white guys left. The 4 were voted out in the first 5 weeks. I agree with the opinion mentioned by Julie that the Cookout faces a tough test this week of not exposing their alliance. I'm unsure it matters much since there are 6 of them with 10 total. They may not make the final 6 but at worst it will be close.

Can Kyland convince SB not to put up 2 Cookout alliance members? I assume he will try to convince her that Derek X is their biggest threat but will she agree?

The downside of an all race alliance is what could happen. What if the Cookout alliance was discovered. Do we want the non-African-Americans to start plotting the removal of African Americans because of their race? This season or in a future season?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They showed Derek X realizing that there are no white guys left. The 4 were voted out in the first 5 weeks. I agree with the opinion mentioned by Julie that the Cookout faces a tough test this week of not exposing their alliance. I'm unsure it matters much since there are 6 of them with 10 total. They may not make the final 6 but at worst it will be close.

Can Kyland convince SB not to put up 2 Cookout alliance members? I assume he will try to convince her that Derek X is their biggest threat but will she agree?

The downside of an all race alliance is what could happen. What if the Cookout alliance was discovered. Do we want the non-African-Americans to start plotting the removal of African Americans because of their race? This season or in a future season?

I think they could very easily dress that up as targeting an alliance and not a race.  It's their only chance to survive, so anyone who has a problem is just looking to start shit.  I'm hoping this year is a one off.  A chance to kind of make a statement.  If it turns into this every year, that's going to be worse than before.  Previously, we only had subtle racism in the show structure.  If this becomes the norm, then it really will become Big Brother: Race Battles.  That's going to be kind of uncomfortable to watch.  My hope is, starting with next season, the alliances will be more blended.  I get the point of it this season.  This show has treated black HGs pretty shitty and they're going to make a statement.  I like the idea and I think it was needed, but it isn't very entertaining TV.   

22 minutes ago, Scraps said:

While I get she has some things going on etc.  

I am fucking so glad Brit is gone.  Annoying as fuck.  

Yes I am an asshole 

i'm with you. we are Big Brother fans, meaning fans of the game. getting put on the block is a part of the game. when you bawl your eyes out every time you end up on the block and say that people are "picking on you", i'm over it. just get out. you have every opportunity to win all kinds of comps and to make allies who can protect you. i can't stand hg's who play the victim card over and over and over. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I think they could very easily dress that up as targeting an alliance and not a race.  It's their only chance to survive, so anyone who has a problem is just looking to start shit.  I'm hoping this year is a one off.  A chance to kind of make a statement.  If it turns into this every year, that's going to be worse than before.  Previously, we only had subtle racism in the show structure.  If this becomes the norm, then it really will become Big Brother: Race Battles.  That's going to be kind of uncomfortable to watch.  My hope is, starting with next season, the alliances will be more blended.  I get the point of it this season.  This show has treated black HGs pretty shitty and they're going to make a statement.  I like the idea and I think it was needed, but it isn't very entertaining TV.   

Bullshit man. X said when they look at the remaining houseguests and realize they’re all black, “we did it!” If a white HG said that the world would have a come apart. I know your whole schtick is letting everyone know how liberal you are. But if you can’t see this and call it for the bullshit it is, you’re trying way too hard. 

Bullshit man. X said when they look at the remaining houseguests and realize they’re all black, “we did it!” If a white HG said that the world would have a come apart. I know your whole schtick is letting everyone know how liberal you are. But if you can’t see this and call it for the bullshit it is, you’re trying way too hard. 

I don’t even see how we don’t agree on this, but ok.

It’s frustrating to watch because players like Ky and Tiffany clearly would prefer they work with Claire and Sara Beth, yet they have to vote them out and keep working with Azah and Big D when they clearly don’t even trust them fully.  I’d prefer them to work with the people they actually want to work and align themselves with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, victory88 said:

It’s frustrating to watch because players like Ky and Tiffany clearly would prefer they work with Claire and Sara Beth, yet they have to vote them out and keep working with Azah and Big D when they clearly don’t even trust them fully.  I’d prefer them to work with the people they actually want to work and align themselves with.

The fact that they're working with people they don't like is frustrating...and it's based on race alone.   How about be nuanced individuals....you know like humans should be.  It's a gameshow fer chrissakes, no one is going to put this in the history books.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kyland is 1000 times more likeable than her lol

Plus it would be a waste to give it to her. She’s awful at everything. Maybe she thinks she can buy snacks with the money. Though they’re giving DF money and he’s worse than Azah.

The Cookout is doing a masterful job. Do the future targets usually do the dirty work of the people that are going to vote them out in the next two weeks? SB and Alyssa have zero idea what is happening in the house. This might be the best alliance we’ve ever seen and it’s ruining the season. The next 4 weeks are going to be boring as fuck.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

i'm five minutes into the episode, and people who do why Alyssa is doing, drive...me...crazy. all of her whining and pouting and crying is just to get herself attention. she's not even talking about X; she's not over here saying, "oh my god, C might go home, X is on the block, i'm worried about X"; everything she's saying is about herself. "I put X on the block; I'm the one responsible for X being on the block; who put X on the block? me." and then she walks off i to another room crying. X comes in and says, "it's not your fault, you didn't do anything, you rolled a ball onto a roulette wheel and this is what happened", and of course all she does is argue with him and say, " no, this is all my fault, i did this, me me me." jesus Alyssa, you aren't getting enough attention lately or what?

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm five minutes into the episode, and people who do why Alyssa is doing, drive...me...crazy. all of her whining and pouting and crying is just to get herself attention. she's not even talking about X; she's not over here saying, "oh my god, C might go home, X is on the block, i'm worried about X"; everything she's saying is about herself. "I put X on the block; I'm the one responsible for X being on the block; who put X on the block? me." and then she walks off i to another room crying. X comes in and says, "it's not your fault, you didn't do anything, you rolled a ball onto a roulette wheel and this is what happened", and of course all she does is argue with him and say, " no, this is all my fault, i did this, me me me." jesus Alyssa, you aren't getting enough attention lately or what?

I don't even know what you're talking about.  That's a commentary on how little attention I'm currently paying to this show while I watch it.  I hear her voice, I look up to see if she's wearing a bikini, if not, back to my phone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

When all the whities are gone does this get moved to BET?

It's being moved to Saturday night on CBS. 10:30-10:45.  just kidding.

Seriously I'm ready for the Cookout to get down to the final 6 so the game can start. Hopefully it happens on a Double Elimination night so Derek F. can get send home within a few minutes. He'll believe it's due to his prowess at competitions.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's being moved to Saturday night on CBS. 10:30-10:45.  just kidding.

Seriously I'm ready for the Cookout to get down to the final 6 so the game can start. Hopefully it happens on a Double Elimination night so Derek F. can get send home within a few minutes. He'll believe it's due to his prowess at competitions.

See the source image

So does everyone in the house basically know at this point that there’s an all black alliance?  It’s going to be hilarious to watch this from here on out.  The other players aren’t even trying at this point because they know they are out and no one wants to be the first to say that there’s an all black alliance.  

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

So does everyone in the house basically know at this point that there’s an all black alliance?  It’s going to be hilarious to watch this from here on out.  The other players aren’t even trying at this point because they know they are out and no one wants to be the first to say that there’s an all black alliance.  

i haven't seen anything suggesting they know. they're either all clueless, have never ever been around black folks, or as you said, are too scared to say anything.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i haven't seen anything suggesting they know. they're either all clueless, have never ever been around black folks, or as you said, are too scared to say anything.

DX and Claire had a number of conversations last week that hinted heavily at it.

SB and Alyssa have literally no clue. someone on reddit said SB is going to need counseling after this season.

edit: from feeds last night, someone posted this on reddit

Spoiler

I'm flashing back to last night's convos and Kyland is killing me with SB.

"Do you think DX was a great player and pretty loyal to me?"

"Yes."

"But I chose to stay with you."

She is going to despise this man. It's like he can't help but do the absolute most with her.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

DX and Claire had a number of conversations last week that hinted heavily at it.

SB and Alyssa have literally no clue. someone on reddit said SB is going to need counseling after this season.

edit: from feeds last night, someone posted this on reddit

Reveal hidden contents

I'm flashing back to last night's convos and Kyland is killing me with SB.

"Do you think DX was a great player and pretty loyal to me?"

"Yes."

"But I chose to stay with you."

She is going to despise this man. It's like he can't help but do the absolute most with her.

I'd counsel those titties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve always wondered if players can negotiate with the producers or they leave. Say 2 players today ask to talk to the producers and each demand 100k or they’re walking right then. If they walk, that creates 2 weeks (6 shows) of lost competition. It’s worth more than 200k for CBS to keep them in the game.

If the producers held strong and said no, they players lose relatively nothing to go home early.

I’m not sure I completely understand your premise. If they quit (especially if they attempted a power play like that), CBS wouldn’t pay them a penny for the entire season as a breach of contract, and could sue as well. And the two would probably just be replaced by members of the jury, and the number of jury members would simply be reduced. If it’s an even number of jurors, CBS could devise some sort of tie breaker.

Claire passing up an opportunity to put three cookout members on the block seems to destroy the theory that she knows about the cookout but is afraid to say it aloud for fear of being cancelled?

Two things totally confused me tonight though but maybe I just missed something:

1. Is the secret HOH only a secret until Thursday night when they’re outed by being sat out of the HOH comp or are they just required to throw the HOH comp?

2. Why did Derek F play the high roller room when just to throw it if it’s a secret that he even played?