Big Brother 23

4th&Five

15 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Claire passing up an opportunity to put three cookout members on the block seems to destroy the theory that she knows about the cookout but is afraid to say it aloud for fear of being cancelled?

Two things totally confused me tonight though but maybe I just missed something:

1. Is the secret HOH only a secret until Thursday night when they’re outed by being sat out of the HOH comp or are they just required to throw the HOH comp?

2. Why did Derek F play the high roller room when just to throw it if it’s a secret that he even played?

Claire threw away her chance to go further in the game. Putting up 3 cookout members could have potentially destroyed that alliance especially if she had stayed away from Azah and Derek F. The Cookout is an amazing alliance for such a masterful job of convincing the non-Cookout members to go after each other.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

its mostly because half of the cookout really don't like each other.

The fact that a lot of them don't seem to like each other might be the biggest reason nobody is catching on to their existence.  It's pretty fucking genius.  A bunch of people who don't all like each other form an alliance and each alliance member forms a deep, sincere friendship with one person from outside the alliance.  Then, at some point in the next few weeks, the alliance member has to totally fuck over their friend and probably seriously fuck up what would have been a life long friendship.  I know it's a game, but something about this whole set up feels yucky.  And I don't think it's about race.  I think if everybody in the equation was white, it would still feel yucky.  It's probably the fact that nobody seems to be playing the game they want to play to advance the cause and it's made the season not very fun to watch.  I know if I'm Derek X, I'm letting Hannah's calls go to voicemail for about 6 months.  TIffany is going to completely destroy Claire when she turns on her.  I wish they had played it straight and just made sure they stacked the jury with cookout members.   I know their goal is the first black BB winner, but this almost feels like it deserves an asterisk.  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Claire threw away her chance to go further in the game. Putting up 3 cookout members could have potentially destroyed that alliance especially if she had stayed away from Azah and Derek F. The Cookout is an amazing alliance for such a masterful job of convincing the non-Cookout members to go after each other.

Yes, if Claire had all of the knowledge that we do outside the house her best bet was to put up 3 Cookout members.  But she doesn't.  She has a group she is working with which includes Tiffany.  If Tiffany thought it was in their best interest to target Sarah Beth, Claire thinks keeping things the same makes sense to her.  Obviously she's wrong but she doesn't know the Cookout exists.

43 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

The fact that a lot of them don't seem to like each other might be the biggest reason nobody is catching on to their existence.  It's pretty fucking genius.  A bunch of people who don't all like each other form an alliance and each alliance member forms a deep, sincere friendship with one person from outside the alliance.  Then, at some point in the next few weeks, the alliance member has to totally fuck over their friend and probably seriously fuck up what would have been a life long friendship.  I know it's a game, but something about this whole set up feels yucky.  And I don't think it's about race.  I think if everybody in the equation was white, it would still feel yucky.  It's probably the fact that nobody seems to be playing the game they want to play to advance the cause and it's made the season not very fun to watch.  I know if I'm Derek X, I'm letting Hannah's calls go to voicemail for about 6 months.  TIffany is going to completely destroy Claire when she turns on her.  I wish they had played it straight and just made sure they stacked the jury with cookout members.   I know their goal is the first black BB winner, but this almost feels like it deserves an asterisk.  

When Hannah was crying about Derek X on sundays shows and Tiffany was consoling her that Derek would understand, I was thinking that he won’t. It’s one thing if an ally has to eventually turn on you. That always happens. But it’s another thing that an ally lied to you constantly for 7 straight weeks.

if I were Derek, I wouldn’t be mad at Hannah but I wouldn’t consider her a friend.

When Hannah was crying about Derek X on sundays shows and Tiffany was consoling her that Derek would understand, I was thinking that he won’t. It’s one thing if an ally has to eventually turn on you. That always happens. But it’s another thing that an ally lied to you constantly for 7 straight weeks.
if I were Derek, I wouldn’t be mad at Hannah but I wouldn’t consider her a friend.

Yep. I was trying to figure out what makes this yucky. It’s that’s they are making decisions not in their best interests. If these decisions were getting them one step closer to winning, ok. But they aren’t. How does DX being evicted at this point help Hannah win the game? Or Claire next week help Tiffany? SB & X? They don’t, so we aren’t seeing the best possible game play. Actually, we’re seeing the worst. Tiffany literally said last night she wanted to keep DX, but it wasn’t in the best interests of the CO. She’s a shrewd enough player that I don’t think she wanted to keep DX just because she likes him. She wanted him there because he helps her game. So we’re stuck watching the same shitty game play we’ve seen the past several seasons, but instead of everybody working to help Cody or Paul (lol) win the game, they’re playing to just make sure one of the CO win. One it’s down to 6, this shit needs to get crazy. Otherwise, it’s same shit, different color.

4 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Yep. I was trying to figure out what makes this yucky. It’s that’s they are making decisions not in their best interests. If these decisions were getting them one step closer to winning, ok. But they aren’t. How does DX being evicted at this point help Hannah win the game? Or Claire next week help Tiffany? SB & X? They don’t, so we aren’t seeing the best possible game play. Actually, we’re seeing the worst. Tiffany literally said last night she wanted to keep DX, but it wasn’t in the best interests of the CO. She’s a shrewd enough player that I don’t think she wanted to keep DX just because she likes him. She wanted him there because he helps her game. So we’re stuck watching the same shitty game play we’ve seen the past several seasons, but instead of everybody working to help Cody or Paul (lol) win the game, they’re playing to just make sure one of the CO win. One it’s down to 6, this shit needs to get crazy. Otherwise, it’s same shit, different color.

Great points. One of them will walk away with the top prize and the rest get the consolation that they helped someone win. I guess that will be enough. I still see Kyland or X winning.

I highly doubt Ky wins. He is gonna get picked off when it is last 6. He isn't very high on that totem pole and is a threat.

Tiffany is far in the lead in my eyes. She will keep waste of spaces Azah and Derek around as long as possible cause she can beat them easily.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I highly doubt Ky wins. He is gonna get picked off when it is last 6. He isn't very high on that totem pole and is a threat.

Tiffany is far in the lead in my eyes. She will keep waste of spaces Azah and Derek around as long as possible cause she can beat them easily.

I can’t say you’re wrong about Tiffany and that strategy. Any remaining player should drag those 2 to the end. And then try not to laugh too hard when they argue why they should win.

derek almost won that hoh comp while trying to lose. Jesus.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Tiffany is the unspoken leader of The Cookout and she's been running the game for weeks. love her game play. 

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I can't say it feels yucky to me but perhaps the most dominant alliance in the show's history just buzzsawing through the rest of the cast also isn't very good television.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

BB hasn't been good television since, i dunno, Derrick L won it?

This is true. I used to anxiously await the airings and watch some of the feeds. Now, I mostly just watch our of habit, and haven't turned on a live feed in years. 

I can't say it feels yucky to me but perhaps the most dominant alliance in the show's history just buzzsawing through the rest of the cast also isn't very good television.

It’s probably that I like DX and Claire and don’t enjoy seeing them manipulated like this. And it’s terrible television.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Sarah Beth is going to cry for a week when she sees how Kyland manipulated her all season. 

see that is what i don't get in this whole thing. she is going to be pissed when she gets the boot. then the thought is she will vote for him at the end?

same for the other CO +1s

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fat fuck couldn’t make it through the commercial break. Useless. 

Watching the show, I wasn't sure he was going to make it through the initial circling. Others were encouraging him to just hang on for a minute. 

Spoiler

From a cookout perspective, is there any reason to hide the cookout's existence? Shouldn't Tiffany put up Claire and Alyssa. If she only puts up Alyssa in a continued attempt to hide the cookout, there is a chance Claire wins veto and bring Alyssa down.  The rest of the cookout should pressure tiffany to put both of them up. And her failure to do that, would be suspicious.

guess that chance exists,

Spoiler

but Claire hasn’t made one single move this game without getting Tiffany’s stamp of approval first. 

It’s hilarious (ok, sad and pathetic might be the appropriate words) how the ejected house guests are so sure they are being evicted because they are such huge threats. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

Tiffany's gloating and selfishness has really rubbed me wrong...and hopefully the jury. She had such an easy chance at making her run to the final 4, and she fucked it up by pulling a Kyland, and doing exactly what he did the week before (trying to push for Azah to use the POV on him (ie selfishness)).

If Tiffany could just fallen off that damn rope, it could've been easy sailing. Her plan for each member of the Cookout to have a buffer will garner so much praise in the Jury house, that I think she would get the game play votes. She still may. I am routing for Xavier, but I think Hannah has a really good chance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

Tiffany's gloating and selfishness has really rubbed me wrong...and hopefully the jury. She had such an easy chance at making her run to the final 4, and she fucked it up by pulling a Kyland, and doing exactly what he did the week before (trying to push for Azah to use the POV on him (ie selfishness)).

If Tiffany could just fallen off that damn rope, it could've been easy sailing. Her plan for each member of the Cookout to have a buffer will garner so much praise in the Jury house, that I think she would get the game play votes. She still may. I am routing for Xavier, but I think Hannah has a really good chance.

i guess overall i don't understand the major difference in Claire then Alyssa going out vs Alyssa then Claire going out - other than it helps X (who 100% would be gone without the CO, don't care how many times he throws, looking like he does and people seeing him throwing = getting the boot way before now)

I agree. Theres no difference in which one goes home first (unless Tiffany tried to make moves breaking up the CO sooner than agreed). I could've seen a shot at X, but that option has sailed with her HOH stunt.

I just think Tiff is getting cocky/greedy. All she had to do was chill, and wait for Derek to blow her spot up whenever he feels like he's threatened, bc thats GOING to happen.

In my mind, it would better to be up this week with your non Cookout partner than next week. This week, if the non cookout nominee wins POV, at least there is someone else to put up. (Claire). Next week of the last remaining non cookout member wins POV, that means two cookout members are going up and one for sure going home.

just now popping on my dvr, and the show opens with alyssa saying, "i'm not surprised that X and me are on the block, we're a strong duo in this house." 

LMAOOOOOOOOO

yeah, you guys are a strong duo like Michael Jordan and Jud Buechler. god the delusion that some of these hg's hve about themselves...

• Like 1

good god derek. epic fail in the veto competition. you were crying and whining for a comp that you could compete in, you got it, you had it all but won, and then you smashed into the entire set up and crumbled everything, you habitual bungler.

Edited by shadow_operative

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

wait- where was julie tonight?

Is she normally on the Wednesday show?

I thought less of Hannah and Tiffany for not realizing what a bad idea it was to tell Claire that Tiffany has a deal with the other alliance members but not mentioning the alliance itself. X was spot on saying that was the same thing.

I have mixed feelings when someone is being told they are going up on the block because of their race. Which is what Tiffany told Claire. We know the show would shut down if the comment was given in the opposite direction. And don’t get me wrong, I think the cookout is the most dominant alliance ever. I do foresee their success could lead to African Americans being voted off future seasons because of their perceived alliance. Pendulums never swing back to neutral.

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it took a loooong time for some real shit to happen on this season, but once it did- man. Claire was crushed. props to her though for handling it the way she did. 

This all feels gross. She genuinely loves Tiffany as a person, felt like she was a real friend and then gets punched in the face with this?  I think she was confused at first.. and then realized what was happening and felt used. What else could she do except take it?  Yeck.

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

This all feels gross. She genuinely loves Tiffany as a person, felt like she was a real friend and then gets punched in the face with this?  I think she was confused at first.. and then realized what was happening and felt used. What else could she do except take it?  Yeck.

I used the word "yucky" last week to describe the feeling this is giving me.  Once this season is over, I hope every CO member comes out and says "To all future black HGs, DO NOT TRY THIS!  IT FUCKING SUCKED!"  

On 7/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ll just go ahead and file Christi under the zero chance at winning group

nailed it.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Scraps said:

Person who I am going to root for based on first impressions is Derek F

did not mail it.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:38 AM, shadow_operative said:

Christie is already out and is. ring replaced by some chick named Claire. and supposedly one of the dudes is out as well. off to a great start. 

wow, i'd forgotten that claire was an alternate. her presence definitely made the season better. glad she was able to play.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:20 PM, shadow_operative said:

first four dudes: all of them seem likable thus far. 

first four chicks: if even one of them makes it to jury i'll be surprised. 

lol, those first four chicks were the first four to go.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, Scraps said:

Frenchy seems dumb

nailed it.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:19 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I give the all black alliance 7 days before it blows up

And I’m sure nobody saw that one coming

On 7/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, shadow_operative said:

i actually hip they make up the final five or six HG's. would be a nice change of pace. and if they're actually somehow able to stick together they have a pretty diverse lineup of strengths. if Xavier and Nayland (?) play as good as they look, The Cookout could be a force.

of course you're probably right, and none of that will happen, and they'll be at each other's throats by next thursday.

they did it! good for them man. i hope that it's Tiffany vs X in the final two. as of now Tiffany deserves the win hands down, if for no other reason than the fact that C threw just about every comp, but then obviously because she masterminded the buddy system which got the CO to this point. i hope that Azah and Derek F go next. A final four of Chaddah, Kyland, X, and Tiffany would be great. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

HOH winner:

Hide contents

Kyland. 

Spoiler

Guess he will target the girls.  Doesn’t sound like he has a clear target, but guessing Tiffany and Hannah go up with Hannah preferred target (for him).  But his boys may feel different.

24 minutes ago, Bosco said:
  Hide contents

Guess he will target the girls.  Doesn’t sound like he has a clear target, but guessing Tiffany and Hannah go up with Hannah preferred target (for him).  But his boys may feel different.

Spoiler

i'm thinking the same thing. kyland would be smart to back door X of at all possible, but i think he's intent on trying to have the guys be there final three. i assume that two of the girls will go up, and that the third will be the replacement nom if needed, but Kyland could win himself $750,000 if he were able to get X out this week. 

• Like 1