The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The MPD officer's primary account of "KILL HIM WITH HIS OWN GUN!" as the mob grabbed for his service pistol is wild. Fuck the GQP.

Sounds like Nancy’s fault 

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wut

This is getting into “building 7” levels of stupid conspiracy 

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the GOP is purely crazy/evil. Some of them have to go home and depressingly ponder, "How did it get this far?" before concluding that's it's already too late to change course, and the only thing left to do is keep pushing what they know to be absolute bullshit further and further, lest they get Cheney'd.

• Like 1

jesus fucking christ, trumpists calling Officer Dunn a n****r and chanting it at him while beating him as he defended our democracy. He also testified that other black officers were called it and one even was told "put your gun down and we'll show you how well we treat n****rs" inside the rotunda

Evil fucking white supremacists. Fuck all you fascist, racist, evil souls. And anyone who believes one iota of the sToP tHe StEaL lie.

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

jesus fucking christ, trumpists calling Officer Dunn a n****r and chanting it at him while beating him as he defended our democracy. He also testified that other black officers were called it and one even was told "put your gun down and we'll show you how well we treat n****rs" inside the rotunda

Evil fucking white supremacists. Fuck all you fascist, racist, evil souls. And anyone who believes one iota of the sToP tHe StEaL lie.

"bUt bLM wAs W0rs3!"

Already answered. If he killed one, they would use it to justify the action of killing him and his fellow officers 
I get that answer, but I doubt many of the traitors had guns for fear of federal gun charges.

I was really pissed when the officers didn't start shooting them as they raided the barriers. Shoot a couple terrorists at the main entry points and I bet they would have scrambled and fled real quick.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I guess I always assumed that if terrorists attacked the capitol, the shooting would start long before they were roaming the halls looking for people to hang. 

Edited by Red Five
Attached, attacked, whatever.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Orale said:

I was really pissed when the officers didn't start shooting them as they raided the barriers. Shoot a couple terrorists at the main entry points and I bet they would have scrambled and fled real quick.

At that point, they were still "unruly protesters." Armed officers unloading into an unarmed mob outside of the building would have not gone over well.

Edited by aggie08

32 minutes ago, Orale said:

I get that answer, but I doubt many of the traitors had guns for fear of federal gun charges.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the investigation had uncovered weapons stored some distance away--maybe in a van? Can't recall exactly. Speculating that many would flee is accurate, but I'm afraid that others would've seen it as opportunity. At this point, it has not been evident whether there were others waiting in the wings off site to provide reinforcements. Not everyone is stupid enough to bring cell phones and take selfies, or even be on camera if it was avoidable. While there were a lot of real estate cosplay traitors, there were enough police, retired police, and military to send in an advance group and have a group on standby.

Fanone made the right call not to start shooting, just as the person who shot and killed Babbitt made the right call there.