The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

1 hour ago, Pods said:

This has been very powerful so far. My heart goes out to the officers that will deal with injuries and PTSD for the rest of their lives because of these traitors. 

The sad thing is, this is exactly what the GOP is saying, but replace "officers" with "peaceful, patriotic protestors" (i.e., insurrectionists). 

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the GOP is purely crazy/evil. Some of them have to go home and depressingly ponder, "How did it get this far?" before concluding that's it's already too late to change course, and the only thing left to do is keep pushing what they know to be absolute bullshit further and further, lest they get Cheney'd.

Yep.  They're too far down the rabbit hole to extricate themselves.  But it will cave in on them and they'll all suffocate anyway.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the GOP is purely crazy/evil. Some of them have to go home and depressingly ponder, "How did it get this far?" before concluding that's it's already too late to change course, and the only thing left to do is keep pushing what they know to be absolute bullshit further and further, lest they get Cheney'd.

Fuck Them Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Second video above. 

Absolutely still boggles my mind Kinzinger is part of the Republican Party.  I don't care if he has traditional conservative values - the party doesn't anymore.  Go independent.  You aren't winning as a Republican ever again, especially in Illinois. 

Cheney I understand - family legacy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Already answered. If he killed one, they would use it to justify the action of killing him and his fellow officers 

Hodges testified that he didn't shoot because they were aware of at least some bombs planted in parts of the city, he was afraid that there were likely more, and shots from the capitol might be the cue to set them off.  Plus they felt that while there were only a few hundred officers against over 9000 terrorists that it was very likely many of them were in fact armed.

I would also think they wouldn't care about being caught carrying a firearm, they were there to overturn a corrupt deep state govt and were there to put a new one in place, under Trump.

55 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I want to see Gym Jordan brought up for his testimony and I want to see Liz Cheney question him.

And Josh Hawley questioned by Kinzinger.

I know it was probably best to have thrown Jordan off this committee, but I also think it would have been very revealing to have had him confront this directly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Who I would like to see brought up and questioned:

Trump Sr and Trump Jr.

Stone

Bannon

Alex Jones

Flynn

Barr

McCarthy

MTG

Boebert

Gosar

Biggs

Gym Jordan

Matt Gaetz

Moe Brooks

Goehmert

Cruz

Hawley

Tuberville

Ladybug

Ken Paxton (just for the Lulz)

The DOD officials who slow rolled the national guard response.  

Am I missing anyone else?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wasn't McConnell still majority leader on 6 January?  Doesn't his half of the Capitol count as his responsibility?  

No one person has control of Capitol security.  House/Senate sergeant at arms, oversight and admin committees, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No one person has control of Capitol security.  House/Senate sergeant at arms, oversight and admin committees, etc. 

Yes, I know.  But if Pelosi is now suddenly responsible for the House security, then by their outstanding logic, Mitch is responsible for the Senate side.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Yes, I know.  But if Pelosi is now suddenly responsible for the House security, then by their outstanding logic, Mitch is responsible for the Senate side.  

lol

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Who I would like to see brought up and questioneddrawn and quartered:

Trump Sr and Trump Jr.

Stone

Bannon

Alex Jones

Flynn

Barr

McCarthy

MTG

Boebert

Gosar

Biggs

Gym Jordan

Matt Gaetz

Moe Brooks

Goehmert

Cruz

Hawley

Tuberville

Ladybug

Ken Paxton (just for the Lulz)

The DOD officials who slow rolled the national guard response.  

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

They're smaller fry, but getting Ali Alexander to roll might be helpful. Nick Fuentes, an actual card carrying fascist would not be amiss. He was there as was Gavin McInnes, the Proud Boys founder, who should be deported/have his green card revoked.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They're smaller fry, but getting Ali Alexander to roll might be helpful. Nick Fuentes, an actual card carrying fascist would not be amiss. He was there as was Gavin McInnes, the Proud Boys founder, who should be deported/have his green card revoked.

So I had never heard of this dude until he started showing up on Twitter as an over the top Kanye for President supporter.  I just figured he was some dumb kid (he looks younger than the 35-36 that he claims to be) who liked his music, but to later find out that he's a deeply connected far right operative was eye opening to say the least.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So I had never heard of this dude until he started showing up on Twitter as an over the top Kanye for President supporter.  I just figured he was some dumb kid (he looks younger than the 35-36 that he claims to be) who liked his music, but to later find out that he's a deeply connected far right operative was eye opening to say the least.

Yes; he's been an acolyte of Roger Stone's for quite a while. Charlie Kirk and Nick Fuentes get the press as the front men for the fascist drum beat, but Alexander coordinates some of the "wet work" (violence, not assassinations) so to speak.

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Has Fox News covered this today?

I was at the gym working out and they had CNN and Fox side by side on their TV's.

Closed captioning was on both. Fox closed captioning was quite different in the words they were typing than the CNN's close captioning.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If Trump has any lawyers, they will advise him not to testify.  I hope he is goaded into testifying.  Because I think he would say something that would incriminate himself.  He is that dumb.

It would be like the Colonel Jessup scene, but in SNL skit form.

"Mr. Trump. You are very handsome and smart and powerful. Now tell me what I want to hear. Did you intend for the capitol to be overrun?"

(beaming) "You're god damn right I did!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He’s somehow connected to Ft. Worth.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If Trump has any lawyers, they will advise him not to testify.  I hope he is goaded into testifying.  Because I think he would say something that would incriminate himself.  He is that dumb.

As much as he's been censored on social media and his rallies have been lackluster, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped at the chance for that much media time again. Just tell him the ratings will be the best ever!!  He'll do it for sure.  He knows everyone who loves or hates him will tune in.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He may get by for a time but he won’t get away. He’ll be forced to testify if subpoenaed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Day crew's gonna get in so much trouble.

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This shocks me. 

FoxNews.com had multiple stories on the front page this morning that referred to it as riots, and there's stuff like

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/jan-6-commission

And this is in the sidebar on the above page

FAST FACTS

• Seven people died during and after the rioting

• The mob swarmed the Capitol on Jan. 6

• More than 450 people across the U.S. are facing federal charges stemming from the riot

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I know it was probably best to have thrown Jordan off this committee, but I also think it would have been very revealing to have had him confront this directly.

Gym Jordan would have been screaming at these people and doing everything he could to shut it all down.

They would have had to wrap him in a straight jacket and gagged him.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Get Gavin up there on the stand and ask him why he shoved a dildo up his ass while live streaming and ask why so many people still followed him after that.  

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gym Jordan would have been screaming at these people and doing everything he could to shut it all down.

They would have had to wrap him in a straight jacket and gagged him.

tenor.gif

Are you knew here?  Jim Jordan don't wear no damn jacket man! 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Her source is GatewayPundit, who should be banned from Twitter. 

Agree. Missouri's Alex Jones.

Jim Hoft (@gatewaypundit) was permanently banned in February, 2021. 

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/twitter-shuts-down-gateway-pundit-account-operated-by-conspiracy-theorist-hoft/article_c8c590a1-1192-5e64-97c1-711cfd1a7ae3.html

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It would be like the Colonel Jessup scene, but in SNL skit form.

"Mr. Trump. You are very handsome and smart and powerful. Now tell me what I want to hear. Did you intend for the capitol to be overrun?"

(beaming) "You're god damn right I did!"

Or maybe more like:

" I just have one final question before I put Airman O'Malley and Airman Rodriguez on the stand: If-"

"You're god dam right I did!"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I consider these people to be the most evil of the bunch. The ones who go along with monsters, knowing what they're doing is wrong, simply to boost their own careers are much worse, morally speaking, than someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene who is probably missing a couple of chromosomes. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I consider these people to be the most evil of the bunch. The ones who go along with monsters, knowing what they're doing is wrong, simply to boost their own careers are much worse, morally speaking, than someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene who is probably missing a couple of chromosomes. 

Yep. I think MTG and Louis Gohmert actually believe the dumb shit they say.  But the Lindsey Grahams and Kevin McCarthys of the world who initially (and correctly) blamed Trump for this and then backtracked when they realized it was a bad political move are absolutely bottom of the barrel human beings. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

MSNBC has been replaying the testimony from officer Dunn where he says he was called "fucking nigger", without bleeping anything. Amazing to hear.

So is CNN.  I don't want to hear it again.  It's so horrible.  These are human fucking beings man.  How can people be so heartless?

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How?  Aren't subpoenas pretty worthless in the "court" of politics?  This isn't a criminal or civil court.

Congressional subpoenas are enforceable through both criminal and civil courts. Because of separation of powers concerns, it's easier for a member of the executive branch to refuse to comply and get away with it, but it's a lot harder for private citizens. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1