The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

rush limbaugh swore up and down that his 100% credible source told him 4 buses of antifa / blm pulled up to the capitol !!!!

Those were stragglers from the buses full of Mississippi Blackety-Black people who snuck in to vote for Doug Jones. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Might want to check your facts on that one.

Also, the last I heard was that 140 Capitol police officers were injured. So they didn’t die. It’s still kind of a big deal, especially when it was violence encouraged by a guy who professed to be “the law and order President” (as if we hadn’t heard that claim before).

Who was killed by BLM?

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

WTF happened to this thread?

Committee is scheduled to meet this week to discuss next steps and plan their next hearing. It was announced by the Chair (Bennie Thompson) that they will most likely meet during the August recess.

I think it's a consequence of the Democrat's usual lack of instinct for how to do much of anything. I have no idea when the next hearing will be, or what will be discussed, so something that should have enormous momentum, does not. They should have been ready to roll on an announced, regular schedule, preferably daily.

I would personally have liked to have seen them bring day after day of officers in for testimony and going through their body cameras. Let the right wing misinformation machine attack cops day after day for weeks and let the American people see what really happened that day. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

I think it's a consequence of the Democrat's usual lack of instinct for how to do much of anything. I have no idea when the next hearing will be, or what will be discussed, so something that should have enormous momentum, does not. They should have been ready to roll on an announced, regular schedule, preferably daily.

I would personally have liked to have seen them bring day after day of officers in for testimony and going through their body cameras. Let the right wing misinformation machine attack cops day after day for weeks and let the American people see what really happened that day. 

I was referring mostly to the derail, but your point(s) are good ones. I agree that having a tight plan is preferable. I don't know how much of it was waiting for the DOJ, but the GOP will fill any vacuum with hot air so they need to get themselves organized.

24 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

WTF happened to this thread?

Committee is scheduled to meet this week to discuss next steps and plan their next hearing. It was announced by the Chair (Bennie Thompson) that they will most likely meet during the August recess.

We stupidly responded to a troll

Meanwhile

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I was referring mostly to the derail, but your point(s) are good ones. I agree that having a tight plan is preferable. I don't know how much of it was waiting for the DOJ, but the GOP will fill any vacuum with hot air so they need to get themselves organized.

A plan is essential. But I’m not at all opposed to hearings that extend into ‘22. Slow and steady is fine by me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Incredulity said:

That's a lie.  Don't put your bigoted bullshit on me.

You sure do like to call other people bigots for some reason. Why is that?

Maybe after you finally get done with your bitch ass neg spree on me (in the realignment thread no less, that’s a pussy move if I ever saw one) you should post some more pics of black people committing crimes.

Now that GRUHorn is gone you may have taken the title as the biggest dumbass bitch on the board. So congrats for that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Aw the little bitch bigot trumpkin Incredulity found a random post of mine to neg to get me back 😂

He’s on a neggin little bitch mission and he’s not gonna stop until we stop pointing out what a dumbass he is

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You sure do like to call other people bigots for some reason. Why is that?

Maybe after you finally get done with your bitch ass neg spree on me (in the realignment thread no less, that’s a pussy move if I ever saw one) you should post some more pics of black people committing crimes.

Now that GRUHorn is gone you may have taken the title as the biggest dumbass bitch on the board. So congrats for that.

You’re lying too.

I posted no pics of, “black people committing crimes”.  It’s only your own bigotry that reads race into what I posted.  Fucking bigot.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Incredulity said:

You’re lying too.

I posted no pics of, “black people committing crimes”.  It’s only your own bigotry that reads race into what I posted.  Fucking bigot.

See? You just did it again. 

Pure projection.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Ebil leftist amateurs. No gallows. No ziptie handcuffs. Nobody gets beat up or killed. No wild costumes. Frightfully few idiots from the Metroplex.

Amateurs!

That is precisely how the First Amendment is supposed to work.  Spew shit ideas, get shouted down.

• Hook 'Em 3

Mo Brooks' ass is in the fire. Get his testimony -  now.   Preserve the evidence. He is not polished. He will spew a manifesto on the stand. 

Wearing fucking body armor on 1/6? And then lighting the fire with a speech that set the vibe for the day? That deserves a special seat.

Edited by washparkhorn
ugly
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Aw the little bitch bigot trumpkin Incredulity found a random post of mine to neg to get me back 😂

This shit is hilarious. I negged him and he found a random post of mine 8 or so pages back on a different thread within 45 seconds and negged back. I guess we've found his idiot savant skill. I was actually kind of impressed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really need to just make a gif of this scene on the boat from Band of Brothers when the boys are getting into a brawl.  I don’t think one exists but I see a need for it every few days here when trolls elicit a derail:

“Fighting over Sobel, that’s smart”

image.jpeg.56f266b67ec507289925890ab4fb7bcf.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh, he's still here. He tried William Wallace but that one got kilt, so he's now posting under two other separate handles, Harrison Bergeron and Muy Frio, but sticking to the DT Covid and vaccination threads and posting the same type of oh-I'm-totally-not-questioning-the-efficacy-of-the-vaccine and blacks-are-pulling-us-down shit. Motherfucker thinks he's being sly, but he's an extremely transparent troll.

• Hook 'Em 7

I really need to just make a gif of this scene on the boat from Band of Brothers when the boys are getting into a brawl.  I don’t think one exists but I see a need for it every few days here when trolls elicit a derail:

“Fighting over Sobel, that’s smart”
image.jpeg.56f266b67ec507289925890ab4fb7bcf.jpeg

Except we’re not fighting with each other, we’re double timing it up Currahee to piss in the troll’s morning coffee.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ignore function works well. It's like a vaccine.  

Expect more of this as this investigation continues. It's part of the Republican Party playbook now (has been forever). 

Whether this was an unconstitutional coup attempt is an open question that must be answered by this Congressional Investigation. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He may not need any more copies of The Count of Monte Cristo, but it would be useful to supply him with Sinclair Lewis, Shel Silverstein, and perhaps a copy of The Twilight of Democracy. Oh, and Carl Sagan. 

He needs a copy of The Joy of Prison Sex

/Lobo

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He needs a copy of The Joy of Prison Sex

/Lobo

They don’t allow pop up books in prison, asshole