The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

12 hours ago, TexasEd said:

It was 100 from the combined House and Senate.  IIRC they needed a simple majority in both houses to reject the electors and send them back to the states.  Navarro completely ignores this in his plan.

You Don't Have The Votes GIFs | Tenor

My guess is that their plan was to disrupt and delay the certification and then argue that a delayed certification was illegal and therefore the House needed to call the election.

when the facts are against you, argue the law.

10 hours ago, brakeman said:

Alright, go Pence & c'mon you big pussy. 

Interesting that Mike Pence, of all people, may be the "stand up guy" from the Administration.

Even more interesting that one Dan Quayle apparently was the one that helped him find his spine.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting that Mike Pence, of all people, may be the "stand up guy" from the Administration.

Even more interesting that one Dan Quayle apparently was the one that helped him find his spine.

I don’t recall anyone questioning whether Quayle had a backbone 

Just whether he could spell it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Traitors.....

18 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Only 2 republicans in the House Chamber today.  Liz Cheney, along with her father. 

.....who are the flag-bearers of the Party of Treason.

The GOP is an anti-american terrorist organization.  Don't ever forget that.

• Hook 'Em 4

Friendly reminder about who the 17 Republicans from Texas who voted to object to certifying the election results were:

Sen. Ted Cruz
Rep. Louie Gohmert of Tyler
Rep. Pat Fallon of Sherman
Rep. Lance Gooden of Terrell
The late Rep. Ron Wright of Arlington
Rep. August Pfluger of San Angelo
Rep. Ronny Jackson of Amarillo
Rep. Randy Weber of Friendswood
Rep. Pete Sessions of Waco
Rep. Jodey Arrington of Lubbock
Rep. Troy Nehls of Richmond
Rep. Roger Williams of Austin
Rep. Michael Burgess of Lewisville
Rep. Michael Cloud of Victoria
Rep. John Carter of Round Rock
Rep. Brian Babin of Woodville
Rep. Beth Van Duyne of Irving

This week, The Texas Tribune reached out to all those members asking if they accept the 2020 election results as legitimate a year later.

None responded.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 5

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Friendly reminder about who the 17 Republicans from Texas who voted to object to certifying the election results were:

Sen. Ted Cruz
Rep. Louie Gohmert of Tyler
Rep. Pat Fallon of Sherman
Rep. Lance Gooden of Terrell
The late Rep. Ron Wright of Arlington
Rep. August Pfluger of San Angelo
Rep. Ronny Jackson of Amarillo
Rep. Randy Weber of Friendswood
Rep. Pete Sessions of Waco
Rep. Jodey Arrington of Lubbock
Rep. Troy Nehls of Richmond
Rep. Roger Williams of Austin
Rep. Michael Burgess of Lewisville
Rep. Michael Cloud of Victoria
Rep. John Carter of Round Rock
Rep. Brian Babin of Woodville
Rep. Beth Van Duyne of Irving

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am a bit surprised at Pete Sessions.  But, since he got run from office, I suppose he's fully on the MAGA train to keep himself in office and on the grift.

5 hours ago, WBT said:

Lolno.

From what I've read Hannity and Lindsay Graham were the main voices tellung trump that he lost and needed to get over it.

if trump, admits he lost the election, then Jan 6 never happens and he’s looking pretty damn strong for 2024. Instead he over worked his one brain cell and went into spoiled child, cry baby mode. 

trump and his followers are treasonous pieces of shit that need to hang 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Sitting through a broadcast of the Zombie Replacement Rush Limbaugh show to see what their take on anything today is. Don't know how much I can take, they have figured out how to be indignant about various things while simultaneously being boring. It's an aural comfort zone for that fat uncle who's sitting in his truck with his Oakley's on.

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

Gaetz needs to get fucked by a humanoid cactus.

"Sir, all we could get to fuck him was this cactus that the botanist says is about 15-16 years old.  Will that help?"

"DAMMIT MAN!  That's his fetish!"  

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am a bit surprised at Pete Sessions.  But, since he got run from office, I suppose he's fully on the MAGA train to keep himself in office and on the grift.

He moved from Park Cities (maybe Preston Hollow) to Waco so he could get back into Congress. All you need to know 

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

(The WiFi didn’t work)

neither did the rally

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Hannity on now. His line is that there are bad apples in every crowd, Republican crowds included, and Trump knew that and wanted the National Guard ready, but Pelosi and bla bla bla wouldn't sign off on it. 

Does that include the people protesting the killing of George Floyd, Sean? I dare you to go on the air tonight and say so.

Funny, Hannity said the same thing about outside troublemakers at the Jan. 6 insurrection right after he texted Mark Meadows urging him to get Trump to call off his supporters from attacking the Capitol. 

Having heard Hannity's thesis statement, I am going to skip the detailed hashing-out. Should I switch the station to:

1. Pauuuuuuuuuuulllll

2. npr sleepy time

3. TOP 40 FROM THE 70S

4. rap, motherfucka, say rap motherfucka

5. ¡Estamos aquí con LA JEFA!

6. Millennial music where all the choruses are just people going "whoa-oh whoa-ohh-oh."

I'll let the Surl select.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Insurrection was a thrill ride for FOX until the brakes failed. Then you have to throw as many Antifa and Black persons as you can find under the bus to divert the storyline. When your own prom committee starts calling you terrorists, you got problems.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wasn't he knee deep in some Ukraine shit? Wasn't he "Congressman 1?"  Funny how nothing ever came from that.

1 minute ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Wasn't he knee deep in some Ukraine shit? Wasn't he "Congressman 1?"  Funny how nothing ever came from that.

Since posting that, I looked at his wiki, and he's a bigger shitheel than I remembered.  Still, other than being in the Tea Party Caucus, not a lot to indicate vocal MAGA.  Except a guy having trouble staying in office on the worn-out pre-Trump GOP "platform."