The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not wrong. A fair and honest critique of the Surly web interface is no slight against the Texas Longhorns. Don’t act like it is.

It’s just a sports fan message board. It’s not really important. But if your goal is to attract users then it seems like a more user friendly interface would be your goal. If it was a more important interface like one for web commerce, or ERP, or a military application, it would be a serious issue.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the overreaction to a perfectly innocuous observation. 

Did something bad happen with you recently? You've been a complete asshole for the past couple weeks and I don't recall ever thinking you were an asshole before. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not wrong. A fair and honest critique of the Surly web interface is no slight against the Texas Longhorns. Don’t act like it is.

It’s just a sports fan message board. It’s not really important. But if your goal is to attract users then it seems like a more user friendly interface would be your goal. If it was a more important interface like one for web commerce, or ERP, or a military application, it would be a serious issue.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the overreaction to a perfectly innocuous observation. 

You have just under 15,000 posts on this site.  How much easier do you need it to be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Then you know I'm right.  You don't work at a company that has a product so free of bugs that you fix every bug reported, because that company doesn't exist.  At best, there's a long backlog of bugs, most of which aren't prioritized, because if you spent all your time chasing bugs, you'd spend 0 time creating new features.  But you work in software development, so you know that.  

I know you’re wrong. I don’t want to derail the thread. I was just making an observation. If you believe what you say, and work for a software company, then you work for one with a quality assurance department that serves the marketing group, not a quality engineering department that serves the development group. And of course, every software release comes with bugs because there are timelines to be met and bonuses on the line for meeting them. Then developers get to work on fixing the bugs. If you actually worked in the software industry then you’d know that.

I don’t want to be “a beating” so I won’t extrapolate from the attitude that internal flaws should be ignored and we should just adjust our expectations to excuse them. 

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I know you’re wrong. I don’t want to derail the thread. I was just making an observation. If you believe what you say, and work for a software company, then you work for one with a quality assurance department that serves the marketing group, not a quality engineering department that serves the development group. And of course, every software release comes with bugs because there are timelines to be met and bonuses on the line for meeting them. Then developers get to work on fixing the bugs. If you actually worked in the software industry then you’d know that.

I don’t want to be “a beating” so I won’t extrapolate from the attitude that internal flaws should be ignored and we should just adjust our expectations to excuse them. 

Bs cough val kilmer GIF - Find on GIFER

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Uh, this is getting weird.  I'm sure all the media coverage of that day being on all the news outlets during the hearings is bringing back some shit, as well as the words of their fellow officers on the front lines.  I'm guessing Laura and Tucker will be along tomorrow evening to blame the officers testifying for these suicides.  Instead of...you know...the people who did this to them.  

I'd guess they question whether the suicides are real. I'm sure some wastes of life will soon be harassing the families of the dead and accusing them of being actors and other bullshit. 

20 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's from fucking Ohio, man. 

And that’s the gist of it. It’s not whether I was right or wrong. (I was right.) it’s where I’m from. That’s telling.

This is the last I’ll comment on it. No apologies necessary nor expected, assholes. I was only guilty of trying to make this a better site.

515D4AB1-4977-4955-BD73-C0BED25EBCFA.thumb.png.332d6b97406d62c28d9fd04b1d8784f5.png

Edited by WhatTheBuck

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

okay, it's clear there is a deliberate pause here

pelosi should be full steam ahead

searching for takes or analysis on why this thing has paused produces nothing

where is the wild-ass speculation?

Lmao. The pause is summer recess for August 

• Hook 'Em 1

Apparently to let the people serving on their committee now return to their home districts with no security or home protection.  Dumbass fucking move IMO, several reps have agreed.  I agree with this 100%, but it should have begun earlier in the summer or after Labor Day.  

i am proof the dems game plan is failing

they should be messaging nutterisms every day

xposting penelope from the dotard thread:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appointed-doj-official-claimed-chinese-thermostats-changed-votes-2021-8

the nutters keep making their own news, the dems only need to latch on and say "yup, he's on the list for day 1 when we reconvene" and that will send the fascists in to a full cornholio event which will keep the attack going using dotard energy

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, 9 months later---it has occurred to the very government that was under threat of execution to check in on the electronic records of the most powerful weapon our enemy had that day---their mobile phones?  I can't possibly fathom why people are suspect of the expedience by which our government moves...

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow, 9 months later---it has occurred to the very government that was under threat of execution to check in on the electronic records of the most powerful weapon our enemy had that day---their mobile phones?  I can't possibly fathom why people are suspect of the expedience by which our government moves...

I suspect that they already have the evidence they need, and the records are to back it up.

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They're just now getting around to this 7 fucking months later?  JTFC

Dems are fucking worthless.

?

The committee was formed on June 30 and they just got back from Long recess. 

lulz at thinking anything will come from this political theatre.   

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vo1vhgxfn9h7wf59i3

the GOP will run interference, the dems will fumblefuck around, team Trump will tie shit up in the courts (all the way to the SC),  nothing of substance will come of this. They just need to stall long enough to flip Congress, and then they can get to work on the Biden impeachment. Shits broken. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

lulz at thinking anything will come from this political theatre.   

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vo1vhgxfn9h7wf59i3

the GOP will run interference, the dems will fumblefuck around, team Trump will tie shit up in the courts (all the way to the SC),  nothing of substance will come of this. They just need to stall long enough to flip Congress, and then they can get to work on the Biden impeachment. Shits broken. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Dems just seem weak AF to me with all the insurrection stuff.  They have been from the get-go. 

I hope you are both proven wrong.  I wouldn't bet on it, but I hope you are wrong.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Perfectly normal behavior from the Minority Leader of the US House of Representatives.  Just publicly threaten Fortune 500 companies if they cooperate with the Committee

Not surprised.  He's actually in danger of getting the boot for his leadership position in favor of somebody who is full-on MAGA.  Whether he was MAGA or not, he now has to go above and beyond.

• Rage+1 1

Isn't McCarthy's threat an obstruction?

18 U.S.C.1505 (obstruction of pending congressional or federal administrative
proceedings).

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the . . . due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Isn't McCarthy's threat an obstruction?

18 U.S.C.1505 (obstruction of pending congressional or federal administrative
proceedings).

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the . . . due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

I think McCarthy's out there would be "due and proper exercise" if there is some "federal law" that might prevent this.

But actually, it's just apparently a "hold letter," not an actual subpoena for information.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Perfectly normal behavior from the Minority Leader of the US House of Representatives.  Just publicly threaten Fortune 500 companies if they cooperate with the Committee:

Some telco should "leak" all his texts from Jan 6th. And the nudes of his mistress, while they are at it. FAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 1