CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Because I am old-school, and a poor, and live in a shack on the San Bernard River, I listened to the game on Westwood One radio through my phone. The announcers were Omaha/Nebraska locals -- I think it was the team for UNL. The color dude could not get over what a shot that was. He kept saying you never see people take it that deep to that part of the stadium in the daytime, much less at night and in the rain. He was in awe. 

You also don’t beat OSU at home at night. And then you do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Isn't game 1 Monday? Are we going to pitch Hansen on 3 days rest? Stevens is starting tomorrow I think so he's probably done after that. 

I could be wrong, but I think we throw all three of them on three days rest for the champ series. 

You don’t want to try to swap a prop out while in the water. Don’t ask me how I know this.
It fucking sucks but on a ski boat it's better than a tow or on Lake Austin a 4 hr wait for a tow and worth a try. I mean the prop is wrapped in rope so you're not losing it

Offshore I've never tried because it's always twin screws.
Sucked up a big 2" rope off the flower gardens once right before dawn. Active marine and I spent 2 hours chopping rope
That dude couldn't hold his breath for shit but he was a madman. Bit chilly but we got back underway and got 6 hoos and lost several
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Because I am old-school, and a poor, and live in a shack on the San Bernard River, I listened to the game on Westwood One radio through my phone. The announcers were Omaha/Nebraska locals -- I think it was the team for UNL. The color dude could not get over what a shot that was. He kept saying you never see people take it that deep to that part of the stadium in the daytime, much less at night and in the rain. He was in awe. 

Whereabouts is your area? West Columbia? Sweeny? Old Ocean?

I still remember the scandal of that brothel that was busted that was being run out of the "Christian's Corner" gas station/convenience store at FM 1459 & TX 35 in the 70s-80s. Sooo convenient! Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, chitwood said:

I could be wrong, but I think we throw all three of them on three days rest for the champ series. 

That is a solid plan for me. We got a little lucky today that we didn’t have to finish our game tomorrow AND ncst fucked around enough so that vandy will have to pitch some tomorrow. I like our chances. This has been a fun team to watch.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

That is a solid plan for me. We got a little lucky today that we didn’t have to finish our game tomorrow AND ncst fucked around enough so that vandy will have to pitch some tomorrow. I like our chances. This has been a fun team to watch.

ummm... 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Whereabouts is your area? West Columbia? Sweeny? Old Ocean?

I still remember the scandal of that brothel that was busted that was being run out of the "Christian's Corner" gas station/convenience store at FM 1459 & TX 35 in the 70s-80s. Sooo convenient! Lulz.

I kinda think it might be back in business, lol. That's my local store -- I'm on CR 911 --  and there are more cars than people there every now and then. It's a little strip mall -- at one end there's a shitty Shell station and a donut shop at the other, but in between there are two extremely shady storefronts with way too many people parked out front. But only sometimes. I guess it's by appointment or something. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

It fucking sucks but on a ski boat it's better than a tow or on Lake Austin a 4 hr wait for a tow and worth a try. I mean the prop is wrapped in rope so you're not losing it

Offshore I've never tried because it's always twin screws.
Sucked up a big 2" rope off the flower gardens once right before dawn. Active marine and I spent 2 hours chopping rope
That dude couldn't hold his breath for shit but he was a madman. Bit chilly but we got back underway and got 6 hoos and lost several

Oh trust me you can still lose it.

we changed one out a few years ago in the slip at the marina. I stopped watching after about an hour because all I could envision was bad. It worked out.

‘we’ve dove offshore because of line, we’ve managed to get a whole longline in there at least twice,  or rope in the prop, and bent props. It ain’t fun and it’s not me going in the water. I’ve seen some messed up stuff.

3 hours ago, justhookit said:

Unfortunately Vandy gets to rest their pitchers now, NC State out due to COVID. 

Can't the NCAA just delay the championship games?

I read that they have to be done by 7/1 because that’s the start of the college year or something.

Also, Vandy should be tested right? Vaccinated players are coming up positive. They were exposed. Only way to be fair(definitely a little in jest, and it would help the winner of today game, lol)
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yep. Whoever wins today got fucked.

Vandy wins and I’m sure we’ll see some * people out there.

Maybe Vandy will have a covid out break too. Dumb fuck NC State players...

40 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Can't the NCAA just delay the championship games?

The WCWS did that by a day and played game 3 of the champ series on a Wed afternoon at like 1pm.  TV commitments and shit. 

5 hours ago, msudawg said:

Brother I'm going to bed. you know I mean nothing but love. not getting into it with the others tonight. you won. you did amazing. 

but there's one more game to settle who has to matchup with this bullshit vandy lineup. 

get some rest dude. I'm finishing my pours. 

Are you the one crying all over Twitter? I’m sorry you haz the sadz 🥲

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, msudawg said:

I love this site. love yall . and we both want to win a clean game. whoever it is on twitter representing this site is a classless jackass. 

Seems more like someone from whatever yall call that clan outside the fences beeping the horn at the disch. 

I'm going to bed. Bednar will do his thing or not. either way whoever plays vandy is getting screwed.  

I was not sober in the slightest last night but you were mad about me shotgunning a beer? The fuck kind of website do you think you’re on dude?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

MSU Dawg whining about classlessness when he was negging everyone the other night like a little bitch on a UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS website?

Grow up or go home.  Your school is not God’s gift to college baseball.  You might be a tad too sensitive. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

You thought he'd start Witt over Madden? Madden had 6 days rest... Witt had never pitched more than 4 innings ever. We need to sit down and talk

Madden had 4 days rest. Pitched on Sunday. Rested Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (4 days). Pitched Friday.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

MSU Dawg whining about classlessness when he was negging everyone the other night like a little bitch on a UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS website?

Grow up or go home.  Your school is not God’s gift to college baseball.  You might be a tad too sensitive. 

I negged him for his posts here because he wouldn't fucking say what was so upsetting to him. Turns out, he was being a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

The chick and dude in the background make this even better lol

Also amazing, everyone on their phones until the smack of the bat. You didn't need anything else to know that ball was going out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, wood said:

Stevie always comes through.

And for whoever post that Imagine Dragons "Thunder" bullshit...

Great drinking game. Get a group, first person starts chugging his beer at the first thunder and doesn't stop until the next one, second person starts chugging, and so on. I think there's 33 thunders and two long solos. Great way to get a Beerlympics started.

• Hook 'Em 1