2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

On 1/10/2022 at 8:43 AM, LTtxfan said:

If Texas was already in the SEC, that would be 7 teams in the top 10 from the same conference. This conference is going to be fun to play in. Suprised that OSU isn't higher, but haven't followed their offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Droopy said:

If Texas was already in the SEC, that would be 7 teams in the top 10 from the same conference. This conference is going to be fun to play in. Suprised that OSU isn't higher, but haven't followed their offseason.

I'm going to miss the basketball (although SEC roundball will be fun) but the baseball is going to be absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That's four polls I have seen now.  Three have us #1 and the other has us #2.

The highest pre-season expectations since 2004, I think it was.

It’s hard for me to think of this team as consensus #1 when we lost three of our four best hitters and one of the best pitchers in the country, yet you look at our roster and we are stacked. The biggest question mark I have is hitting. I don’t think there’s any doubt we’ve taken a big step back from last year, but the question will be how much our guys can develop by the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Anyone got this?

Just gotta click on the link...

2022 D1Baseball Preseason Top 25 Rankings

TOP 25 D1 Baseball Staff - January 18, 2022

Texas is No. 1 in the D1Baseball Preseason Top 25 rankings for the first time ever. In fact, this marks the first time the Longhorns have ever been ranked No. 1 in the D1Baseball Top 25, which began in 2015. Texas welcomes back numerous key pieces, including the cornerstones of an elite pitching staff, from a team that won 50 games and reached the national semifinals in Omaha last spring.

SEC powers Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Ole Miss occupy the next four spots to round out the top five. The SEC leads all conferences with eight teams in the Top 25, including six in the top 10, counting No. 8 LSU and No. 9 Florida. Georgia (No. 16) and Tennessee (No. 18) also landed in the rankings out of the SEC.

No. 6 Stanford is the highest-ranked team from the Pac-12. Arizona (No. 15) and Oregon State (No. 18) also cracked the rankings from the Pac.

No. 7 Oklahoma State is the second of four teams from the Big 12, with the others being No. 14 Texas Tech and No. 17 TCU.

No. 10 NC State, a national semifinalist last year, leads a tightly bunched pack of six ACC clubs in the rankings. The others are No. 11 Florida State, No. 13 Notre Dame, No. 21 Georgia Tech, No. 23 Duke and No. 25 Miami.

The Big West lands two teams in the rankings: No. 20 UC Irvine and No. 24 Long Beach State. No. 12 East Carolina and No. 22 Dallas Baptist give the American Athletic and Missouri Valley conferences one team apiece in the Top 25.

D1Baseball editors and national writers determine the Top 25 rankings.

Rank Team 2021 Record Previous Rank
1 texas.pngTexas 50-17 3
2 arkansas.pngArkansas 50-13 5
3 vandy.pngVanderbilt 49-18 2
4 missst.pngMississippi State 50-18 1
5 olemiss.pngOle Miss 45-22 13
6 stanford.pngStanford 39-17 8
7 okstate.pngOklahoma State 36-19 NR
8 lsu.pngLSU 38-25 18
9 florida.pngFlorida 38-22 NR
10 ncstate.pngNC State 37-19 4
11 floridast.pngFlorida State 31-24 NR
12 ecarolina.pngEast Carolina 44-17 12
13 notredame.pngNotre Dame 34-13 10
14 txtech.pngTexas Tech 39-17 11
15 arizona.pngArizona 45-18 7
16 georgia.pngGeorgia 31-25 NR
17 tcu.pngTCU 41-19 15
18 oregonst.pngOregon State 37-24 NR
19 tennessee.pngTennessee 50-18 6
20 ucirvine.pngUC Irvine 43-18 21
21 gatech.pngGeorgia Tech 31-25 NR
22 dallasbapt.pngDallas Baptist 41-18 14
23 duke.pngDuke 33-22 NR
24 longbeach.pngLong Beach State 28-15 NR
25 miamifl.pngMiami 33-21 NR

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Just gotta click on the link...

2022 D1Baseball Preseason Top 25 Rankings

TOP 25 D1 Baseball Staff - January 18, 2022

Texas is No. 1 in the D1Baseball Preseason Top 25 rankings for the first time ever. In fact, this marks the first time the Longhorns have ever been ranked No. 1 in the D1Baseball Top 25, which began in 2015. Texas welcomes back numerous key pieces, including the cornerstones of an elite pitching staff, from a team that won 50 games and reached the national semifinals in Omaha last spring.

SEC powers Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Ole Miss occupy the next four spots to round out the top five. The SEC leads all conferences with eight teams in the Top 25, including six in the top 10, counting No. 8 LSU and No. 9 Florida. Georgia (No. 16) and Tennessee (No. 18) also landed in the rankings out of the SEC.

No. 6 Stanford is the highest-ranked team from the Pac-12. Arizona (No. 15) and Oregon State (No. 18) also cracked the rankings from the Pac.

No. 7 Oklahoma State is the second of four teams from the Big 12, with the others being No. 14 Texas Tech and No. 17 TCU.

No. 10 NC State, a national semifinalist last year, leads a tightly bunched pack of six ACC clubs in the rankings. The others are No. 11 Florida State, No. 13 Notre Dame, No. 21 Georgia Tech, No. 23 Duke and No. 25 Miami.

The Big West lands two teams in the rankings: No. 20 UC Irvine and No. 24 Long Beach State. No. 12 East Carolina and No. 22 Dallas Baptist give the American Athletic and Missouri Valley conferences one team apiece in the Top 25.

D1Baseball editors and national writers determine the Top 25 rankings.

Rank Team 2021 Record Previous Rank
1 texas.pngTexas 50-17 3
2 arkansas.pngArkansas 50-13 5
3 vandy.pngVanderbilt 49-18 2
4 missst.pngMississippi State 50-18 1
5 olemiss.pngOle Miss 45-22 13
6 stanford.pngStanford 39-17 8
7 okstate.pngOklahoma State 36-19 NR
8 lsu.pngLSU 38-25 18
9 florida.pngFlorida 38-22 NR
10 ncstate.pngNC State 37-19 4
11 floridast.pngFlorida State 31-24 NR
12 ecarolina.pngEast Carolina 44-17 12
13 notredame.pngNotre Dame 34-13 10
14 txtech.pngTexas Tech 39-17 11
15 arizona.pngArizona 45-18 7
16 georgia.pngGeorgia 31-25 NR
17 tcu.pngTCU 41-19 15
18 oregonst.pngOregon State 37-24 NR
19 tennessee.pngTennessee 50-18 6
20 ucirvine.pngUC Irvine 43-18 21
21 gatech.pngGeorgia Tech 31-25 NR
22 dallasbapt.pngDallas Baptist 41-18 14
23 duke.pngDuke 33-22 NR
24 longbeach.pngLong Beach State 28-15 NR
25 miamifl.pngMiami 33-21 NR

Sorry, was referring to the paywalled team breakdown 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yeah, baseball season's gonna suck without it. Is there any way possible to see the games without having LHN?

If you have any family members with ESPN, get their cable login and use it on the ESPN app. Been doing that with my in-laws Spectrum account for 4 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If you have any family members with ESPN, get their cable login and use it on the ESPN app. Been doing that with my in-laws Spectrum account for 4 years now. 

Awesome. I have ESPN through YTTV, so that'll definitely work. 

48 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Doesnt work for LHN for sure.  You have to be in the same network (LAN) as the DTV cable box. 

https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBST&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

For those interested/need,  GA Season Tickets are available for $99.    Limited regular priced season tickets also available especially in the upper reserved sections.

For the aggy game on 29 March,  one would likely pay close or above $99 for GA. (from a scalper or StubHub).   Call UT Tickets,  512-471-3333, M-F, 9-4.   They should also have info on availability of single game tickets.

Edited by torre

5 hours ago, wood said:

Awesome. I have ESPN through YTTV, so that'll definitely work. 

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Doesnt work for LHN for sure.  You have to be in the same network (LAN) as the DTV cable box. 

We do have Spectrum internet so you might be right.  wood give it a try first to see

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:05 AM, TrashMaster G said:

That's four polls I have seen now.  Three have us #1 and the other has us #2.

The highest pre-season expectations since 2004, I think it was.

As long as 2022 doesn't end the same way. Still get frustrated thinking about that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

FYI-if you're making plans to attend big non-conf. series with Alabama about a month from now.  Gametimes are 

FRI-6:00p, SAT-12:30p, SUN-1:30p (all CST).  Mostly regular-ish times, but Saturday's on the early side.  Presumably somebody's picking that up besides LHN.  

We are getting close.

Roster overview by position group (C, IF, OF, P). 

2021 AB's and OPS shown for hitters, IP and ERA for arms. 

Incoming transfers highlighted in green, true freshmen in yellow.

Which newcomer or reserve player from last year's team are we expecting to make biggest impact?  Messinger is obvious option in lineup.  Southard in an expanded role?
image.thumb.png.112895ff0091975d558fe24da3fba758.png

Edited by 40acredropout
added PG ratings out of HS (know those can be a joke but somewhat informative) and draft history.
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

We are getting close.

Roster overview by position group (C, IF, OF, P). 

2021 AB's and OPS shown for hitters, IP and ERA for arms. 

Incoming transfers highlighted in green, true freshmen in yellow.

Which newcomer or reserve player from last year's team are we expecting to make biggest impact?  Messinger is obvious option in lineup.  Southard in an expanded role?

image.thumb.png.fd87840bfde3e4217e71730e8fff8e79.png

26 pitchers???

Bench looks thin on infielders and outfielders.  Pierce better hope there are very few injuries/slumps in the lineup. I would assume that all of the cuts/redshirts are coming out of the pitching staff.

57 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

26 pitchers???

Bench looks thin on infielders and outfielders.  Pierce better hope there are very few injuries/slumps in the lineup. I would assume that all of the cuts/redshirts are coming out of the pitching staff.

Check me,  I count 42.   So with the Covid waiver (40 man/32 scholarships) only have to cut 2.   

Problem may be next year if the NCAA returns to the 35 with 27 scholarships and with the incoming recruiting class.   Not sure if below commit roster (14) is current.  It does not include Silas' brother Sam who has committed.     Will also be interesting to see how the transfer portal affects college baseball.

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1829

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, torre said:

https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBST&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

For those interested/need,  GA Season Tickets are available for $99.    Limited regular priced season tickets also available especially in the upper reserved sections.

For the aggy game on 29 March,  one would likely pay close or above $99 for GA. (from a scalper or StubHub).   Call UT Tickets,  512-471-3333, M-F, 9-4.   They should also have info on availability of single game tickets.

I pulled the trigger on this. 2 GA tickets for me and the oldest kids. At $99 each, if I make it to one game a weekend I'll feel like I got a steal - and for most games, you can sit anywhere you'd like just about so GA doesn't bother me (and I'll be in LF most of the time anyway). 

• Hook 'Em 1

I got an email last week for a presale of baseball 4, 8, and 11 game mini-plans and I thought I would check it out just to see if I could get one that included the aggy game.  Of course, I couldn't get any mini-plan that included the aggy game, but this is the logo that was included on the game selection list for aggy

image.png.788c8a5ddbfcce4968137c28c7a0fbf6.png

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I got an email last week for a presale of baseball 4, 8, and 11 game mini-plans and I thought I would check it out just to see if I could get one that included the aggy game.  Of course, I couldn't get any mini-plan that included the aggy game, but this is the logo that was included on the game selection list for aggy

image.png.788c8a5ddbfcce4968137c28c7a0fbf6.png

That's the Texas A&M Corpus Christi Islanders logo which they play the second series of the year.  Somebody is not so good at cut and paste 

Edited by Catpfish

Strange.  When I used the link from the presale email last Friday it wouldn't let me order a 4 game mini-plan for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  Today the mini-plans went on sale and I was able to order a couple of 4 game mini-plans for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  The seats are not great they're in different locations for each game in L3 or R3, but my daughter's been bugging me to make sure we go to the aggy game and it was only $92 for all 8 tickets.  I'm sure that will end up being a lot cheaper than buying aggy tickets on the secondary market.  I paid a couple of hundred for us for us to go to the game in college station last year.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:50 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Strange.  When I used the link from the presale email last Friday it wouldn't let me order a 4 game mini-plan for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  Today the mini-plans went on sale and I was able to order a couple of 4 game mini-plans for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  The seats are not great they're in different locations for each game in L3 or R3, but my daughter's been bugging me to make sure we go to the aggy game and it was only $92 for all 8 tickets.  I'm sure that will end up being a lot cheaper than buying aggy tickets on the secondary market.  I paid a couple of hundred for us for us to go to the game in college station last year.

Yeah, it did the same for me, but at least we’ll be there. 🤘🏼Bringing my Texas baseball crazy daughter to the games. I’m hoping for a good year. Let’s Go Horns!!!