2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

Well I'm pumped for the two game series at Whataburger Field.  That being said I hope they are day games.  As much as I love baseball, I can't stand watching on a cool to cold night which is entirely possible on those dates.    

Glad to see they are traveling to the RGV too.  This is how you build on your brand and fanbase.  Not to mention we've done pretty good picking up some good players down there.  

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

We finally have a roster that looks like our 02-‘11 teams. Just an ocean of talent, deep bench, proven starters and a deep bullpen. And if the reports are true about Faltine improving at the plate(Christ please put up the same numbers Hamilton did in 2018) and Silas with Silas. Then Messinger transfers here and his has a great fall. Melendez is gonna fuck shit up and we’re going to have one of if not the best fielding teams in college baseball right now. 

Strap in, gentlemen. We’re about to go on a tear 

If Faltine takes that next step at the plate, his draft stock will shoot way up. I’m so excited to watch him play this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve kept my Google Fiber TV service for 3 years longer than I’ve wanted a traditional cable service just for LHN’s baseball coverage. Now that they’re killing their TV service, what streaming providers include LHN and don’t suck? I don’t want to have to PM Derka 4 times a week for teh streamz.

8 minutes ago, senseiTX said:

I’ve kept my Google Fiber TV service for 3 years longer than I’ve wanted a traditional cable service just for LHN’s baseball coverage. Now that they’re killing their TV service, what streaming providers include LHN and don’t suck? I don’t want to have to PM Derka 4 times a week for teh streamz.

DIRECTV stream does. Dvr sucks though, so it’s better to use the on demand apps with credentials.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, senseiTX said:

When in Mexico last year during the tourney I used ESPN+ app. It just went up to $6.99 a month but you can opt out/ back in anytime.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

When in Mexico last year during the tourney I used ESPN+ app. It just went up to $6.99 a month but you can opt out/ back in anytime.

Pardon me for asking this directly,  I can get the ESPN+ app and see all the longhorn network games?

Pardon me for asking this directly,  I can get the ESPN+ app and see all the longhorn network games?

Yes.
But, since you asked, I thought about it more and you do have to provide your cable provider and password. I use Dish. I’m not sure though if they need to carry LHN or not though. I think it just needs to be a service that is one they work with or recognize. Sorry if that made it more confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

How they use Lucas Gordon is going to be interesting

Midweek guy or bullpen arm? 

I say this every year, but a reliable midweek starter makes a huge difference. First, you overpower the shitty midweek teams and match up at least evenly against the good ones. Second, you have another guy used to going 5 or 6 when the postseason starts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

How they use Lucas Gordon is going to be interesting

Midweek guy or bullpen arm? 

I think the performance of Eckhardt will go a long way in determining Gordon’s role. He got a few shots at starting last year and it seems like he had a pretty good summer. If he can keep his walks down and take that next step, I think he’s the Tuesday guy and they use Gordon on the weekends. If not, I could easily see them sticking Gordon on Tuesdays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is the most pitching depth I've seen in a long time at Texas and we've had some legit pitching staffs over the years. 

Texas has a 10-12 legit arms. 

In your opinion what’s the starting rotation? I’ve got Witt-Hanson-Stevens with Stuart on Tuesdays. Though he could be this years Witt out of the pen  

Im curios about Nixon and Duplantier and who gets the close spot. Assuming Nixon but Duplantier brings it. God damn this is our most loaded team since 2010. It’s time to dogpile

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Eckhardt has some filthy stuff if he can learn how to control it. 

Texas has a few of those types with Eckhardt, Johnson JR and Southard. Based on the staff's development ability, I would be surprised if one of these guys doesn't end up being very good. They haven't played much but they have the stuff to be very good. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

In your opinion what’s the starting rotation? I’ve got Witt-Hanson-Stevens with Stuart on Tuesdays. Though he could be this years Witt out of the pen  

Im curios about Nixon and Duplantier and who gets the close spot. Assuming Nixon but Duplantier brings it. God damn this is our most loaded team since 2010. It’s time to dogpile

That should be the starting rotation in some order but I know Pierce really likes Gordon. Maybe even more than a couple of our weekend arms. 

I think Gordon is the real wildcard on this team because Pierce sees something in him (he was a highly ranked recruit). 

If I had to guess they rotate the midweek arm between Gordon, Stuart and some other guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

That should be the starting rotation in some order but I know Pierce really likes Gordon. Maybe even more than a couple of our weekend arms. 

I think Gordon is the real wildcard on this team because Pierce sees something in him (he was a highly ranked recruit). 

If I had to guess they rotate the midweek arm between Gordon, Stuart and some other guys. 

Can’t wait to see these guys develop and find their roles. Pierce has been nails with the pitching staff during his time here 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Can remember their names in the bullpen but the Kansas City Royals 2015 WS run could be a mirror image of how we use Nixon and Duplantier. Get to the 8th & 9th inning with the lead and it’s basically over. 

1990 Reds "Nasty Boys" Charlton-Dibble-Myers.  

Don’t get me wrong, I love Texas football like the rest of us, but I take so much more pride and actually care about our baseball program more. Always have. I remember being 11 years years old on my driveway with my parents car windows rolled down listening to Craig while pitching into a pitching net and getting some swings off the tee. 

I was honestly more upset at our 2004, 2009 and 2010 teams not winning it all than I was with with whole bama rose bowl. Those 3 teams were loaded. I was more pissed about losing to state in the semis than I was with ou meltdown this year. 

The football stuff is embarrassing, but Texas baseball (and hopefully basketball with beard) will make it up for me. Nothing would make me happier than to go into the sec in baseball and win the conference in our first year. Baseball (and women’s sports but whatever) where we can say “We’re Texas”. And I’m damn proud of it 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Baseball team is what first drew my interest and made me a Longhorn.  It will always be so. 

This.  Even as a student, a once a week Saturday commitment to walking to DKR was not a big deal.

Showing up at DFF on a random Tuesday night and then 3 times each weekend - that was a commitment you do as a fan.  Texas Baseball >>>

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Baseball team is what first drew my interest and made me a Longhorn.  It will always be so. 

If it wasn't for Brooks Kieschnick, I dunno that I'd have given Texas Baseball a second thought. I would listen to regional games before he arrived on campus, but my first in person games were when he was a freshman.  I have zero interest in any other sports that Texas plays. 

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

Like some of you guys, Texas Baseball has always been my connection to UT Sports.

Growing up playing little league in Austin, we would regularly go down to the Disch to watch the Longhorns play and I was 10 years old when the 83 team won it all. 

Texas baseball forever for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Anyone ever done the Club seats for this? Is it worth it?

On 11/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, Scraps said:

protip from 2 years ago if you go to the games at MMP don't even waste your money on what are the Astros Diamond Club seats.  

Yes they are behind the plate and pretty awesome for MLB, but the all you can eat food consisted of hot dogs/pizza/popcorn bullshit and not the same stuff that they roll out for Astros games.  The bar down there also only had 1 bartender working a 7pm Texas/Arkansas game and it took forever to grab a drink if you went inside to do it. 

I sat in them for 2 days and would not buy again.

Now if you got some available for Astros games holla at ya boy