2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

20 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I feel like there's gotta be a way around this. Maybe an incognito browser window or something. 

I could setup a VPN on that network and a VPN on my phone to match that network from what I have read, but I will be at the mercy of the slowest speed of the two networks and my have buffering. 

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That may be it.  I was trying the DTV app, the ESPN app is tied to my YTTV account (or it was before now).  I will play with it tonight, thank you sir!

Yeah, the Directv app is crap.  Use the directv login on the espn app and you'll have access to LHN

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:50 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Strange.  When I used the link from the presale email last Friday it wouldn't let me order a 4 game mini-plan for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  Today the mini-plans went on sale and I was able to order a couple of 4 game mini-plans for the Alabama series and the aggy game.  The seats are not great they're in different locations for each game in L3 or R3, but my daughter's been bugging me to make sure we go to the aggy game and it was only $92 for all 8 tickets.  I'm sure that will end up being a lot cheaper than buying aggy tickets on the secondary market.  I paid a couple of hundred for us for us to go to the game in college station last year.

Ordered 4x4 for Islanders...err..aggy game plus Sundays for Alabama, TCU, Baylor.  Same sections as you.  Maybe a slight price break as I think these will be $15 tickets later and nice to have a few games planned out.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looking back at last season, I'm not sure I've seen a bigger choke job than TCU losing the outright Big 12 championship. 

That was incredible. 

Didn't they drop 2 to KState at home? 

I remember with a series or two left thinking they basically had it clinched. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah and they blew like a 4 or 5 run lead in the 9th inning of the clincher. 

Watched that game (or followed the game cast, can't remember) while out to dinner with the wife. She was not amused but I didn't give a shit. Tried to explain the ramifications of what just happened but it fell on deaf ears. 

Didn't care, it was awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 1/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, markstanco said:

Doesnt work for LHN for sure.  You have to be in the same network (LAN) as the DTV cable box. 

Haven't reached the end of the thread, so this may have been addressed, but this is wrong.  I've been watching LHN for years using my in law's DirectTV log in and they are 100 miles away.

Edited by Biff Tannen
yep

I’ve gone to the thing at Minute Maid in the past but it has been awhile. For those who have checked it out recently or in prep for this year, how hard would you think it is to get tickets for one of the days, for say, 6 people? Am I correct in remembering that tickets are easy to get around game day and it’s all general admission? I don’t want to buy right now because the plans have a decent chance of falling apart between now and then. Thanks for any help. 

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve gone to the thing at Minute Maid in the past but it has been awhile. For those who have checked it out recently or in prep for this year, how hard would you think it is to get tickets for one of the days, for say, 6 people? Am I correct in remembering that tickets are easy to get around game day and it’s all general admission? I don’t want to buy right now because the plans have a decent chance of falling apart between now and then. Thanks for any help. 

Very easy.  They have some reserved seating but its minimal and around home plate and the dugouts.  The rest is GA and will be mostly full Friday and Sat (moreso Saturday because LSU) but should be zero issues buying tickets day of.

Edited by UTPhil2006
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Sucks, but we didn't have much trouble hitting him in Omaha, from what I remember.  On a semi-related note, I was up in Knoxville a couple of weeks ago, and it's a cool place to spend a weekend. Looking forward to seeing some baseball up there when we join the SEC.

3 weeks until baseball...

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You can have the Crawford boxes to yourself 

Yikes.  I'm still going but I doubt I can get my 6yo to attend with me.  First pitch will be about 45 degrees according to long-term forecast.  Which means, Disch-Falk Real Feel Temp. will be closer to 35.  Mulled wine for the tailgate, gents?  

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, they didn't lose a single game in Omaha that year. I'm surprised they don't claim to be #1.

True....and the other sec members love'm some aggy:

"Serious question. We know there is a ton that goes into a championship football program, and much of it is off the field business.  Baseball is a sport that historically has NOT been dominated by schools with the best facilities and most money.  A&M competes in a talent-rich state, and has always been in a conference with nationally competitive programs, thus pushing them to be at a high level. Johnson and Childress had some outstanding teams, but I feel like many failed to meet postseason expectations. Hell, the guy before them had a solid winning percentage.

They’ve made the CWS in 51, 64, 93, 99, 11, and 17. Their record in those combined trips is 2-12. Two total wins in Omaha is abysmal for a school that has been as talented as they have.  In ‘93, they entered as a 1-seed, but could only notch a win over Kansas.  I think it’s fair to call 1989 a choke. I recall 2 supers in a row against TCU where the Ags were either a National Seed or had the Frogs on the ropes, and lost both.

Historically, Texas, TCU, and Rice have clearly been better. Texas Tech has passed them up. Even Baylor and Houston have had some magical runs that produced close title trips.

What gives?"

34 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

"Serious question. We know there is a ton that goes into a championship football program, and much of it is off the field business.  Baseball is a sport that historically has NOT been dominated by schools with the best facilities and most money.  A&M competes in a talent-rich state, and has always been in a conference with nationally competitive programs, thus pushing them to be at a high level. Johnson and Childress had some outstanding teams, but I feel like many failed to meet postseason expectations. Hell, the guy before them had a solid winning percentage.

They’ve made the CWS in 51, 64, 93, 99, 11, and 17. Their record in those combined trips is 2-12. Two total wins in Omaha is abysmal for a school that has been as talented as they have.  In ‘93, they entered as a 1-seed, but could only notch a win over Kansas.  I think it’s fair to call 1989 a choke. I recall 2 supers in a row against TCU where the Ags were either a National Seed or had the Frogs on the ropes, and lost both.

Historically, Texas, TCU, and Rice have clearly been better. Texas Tech has passed them up. Even Baylor and Houston have had some magical runs that produced close title trips.

What gives?"

Answer: aggy

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What gives?"

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Anyone going 2/22 and 2/23 v TamuCC at Whataburger Field ?

I bought two series passes last night. Great field and it’ll good crowd. 

I will probably be at one of them.  Maybe both if work doesn't interfere.  I guess I should see about buying some tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Depends. Is your crazy ex going to be there? May go just for the shitshow if so. 

I can invite her. If we tailgate, she’ll drink all your whiteclaw. 

don’t tell the hot Russian 

the third base side is my jam 

Edited by tx 3 putt

He also took 'em to Stanford quite a bit which isn't exactly Waikiki in February.  

But yeah, I gave up on taking my oldest to the game on Saturday.  We'll be lucky to hit 40 degrees inside there.  At least it's not supposed to be windy.  

anybody know the gametimes for the Rice series yet?  Trying to make a plan with the family for Saturday/Sunday.  Thank.s

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He also took 'em to Stanford quite a bit which isn't exactly Waikiki in February.  

But yeah, I gave up on taking my oldest to the game on Saturday.  We'll be lucky to hit 40 degrees inside there.  At least it's not supposed to be windy.  

anybody know the gametimes for the Rice series yet?  Trying to make a plan with the family for Saturday/Sunday.  Thank.s

Fri 630

Sat 230

Sun 1pm

19 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

..Just another reason Augie took the team to SoCal the first weeks in February. 🥶

Did we ever hear why pierce quit the Stanford series? Other then the shit show monsoon game (which I was at) which I think happened after he quit that series.