2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

Well, it's settled then...for Houston Shriner's Classic:

FRI 3/4 v. Tennessee-7:00p (CDT)

SAT 3/5 v. LSU-7:00p (CDT)

SUN 3/6 v. UCLA-3:00p (CDT)

I'd like to swap UCLA for Tennessee dates, but times work out really well.  Can knock off work after and make Tennessee game.  Saturday, truly blow it out.  And still make Sunday game with UCLA and head back to Austin on a vonlane/DD.  Gonna be an awesome weekend.  We gotta get something surly-esque together for this one. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, Lobo said:

Well, it's settled then...for Houston Shriner's Classic:

FRI 3/4 v. Tennessee-7:00p (CDT)

SAT 3/5 v. LSU-7:00p (CDT)

SUN 3/6 v. UCLA-3:00p (CDT)

I'd like to swap UCLA for Tennessee dates, but times work out really well.  Can knock off work after and make Tennessee game.  Saturday, truly blow it out.  And still make Sunday game with UCLA and head back to Austin on a vonlane/DD.  Gonna be an awesome weekend.  We gotta get something surly-esque together for this one. 

see y’all there !!!

21 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Looks like I'm spending a weekend in Columbia in March.

South Carolina only has an open date in March the 11th, 12th, 13th for us if it's a weekend game in March.  They've only posted the SEC schedule online.   It'd be the weekend after the Shriners College Classic.  It might be a February series instead.

Edited by petscii

On 10/17/2021 at 8:59 AM, LTtxfan said:

I have no data to back this up, but I always get my hopes up with elite prospects when they're flipping college commitments like it matters to them. Obviously wasn't the case with both Jared Jones and Jared Kelley recently. 

Anyone know who the second commit was? McComas treated it like as big of a deal as the Sykora commit

1 hour ago, wood said:

LOL! Shit. I have no idea how I brainfarted that. My bad. I'll see if I can get it taken down.

Oh, it's already been takened.  Tooken.  Dammit, I had something for this.  

Sunday was a busy day between U.S. Grand Prix, opening of UT Fall Ball, last home game for Longhorn Soccer, and Austin FC.  I'm sure I cross-posted.  Or cross-pissed.  Or cross-drank.  One of the three.  

csb/ This Sunday evening will present quite a conundrum for Halloween.  I'm the dad at the end of cul-de-sac that rigs up the projector and massive outdoor screen so that the adults can watch sporting events while the kids go trick-or-treating.  I've got requests for KD & the Nets hosting Detroit.  Rockets at Lakers.  Cowboys @ Vikings.  But fuck 'em all, Astros World Series all night.  Or whatever, I'll be rushing home from UT Fall Ball, grilling hot dogs, getting drunk gawking at the MILF costumes, y'all take the remote.  

Aside from Longhorn football, October has been a really great month for sports.  

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

If anybody went, I demand a full report of the Horns pitching.  

I'll buy you a beer at next Sunday's scrimmage (provided they're selling)

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I believe it was 2 7-inning games…..haven’t heard the scores….yet.

Nice day with a few hundred or more there. Beers were happy hr prices ($5 domestic/$6 import) all game. Single game was 14 innings.

Beer memory so I'll give cliff notes...

Tanner Witt started for the Horns and I think went two innings. Gave up the opening run that upon leaving the bat looked to be a ball that would be caught on the warning track but with a slight breeze blowing out it just cleared the wall to the left of the monster. 1-0 SJ. We got one back in the bottom of the inning or the second. Can't remember.

Lots of pitchers used both sides with SJ's losing some control and timely hitting to spot us 6 in the 7th. Duplantier (looked good) and other youngsters trying to make the roster got playing time. Hodo did not play so not sure if he is hurt ? ( I don't follow off season injuries that much) so hopefully he'll be out there next week. Dylan Campbell was in RF pretty much most of the day and struggled on a couple of balls. Old man Austin Todd is back, had a few hits and stayed HEALTHY through the game. Grad transfer from Kansas, Messing crushed a ball out to the street past LF and total hits for the Horns through 12 was at least that.

Game was in 12-3 after 11 when I left. 16-3 Final.

31st let's do it again against the reigning JUCO World Series Champs McClennan County Highlanders. 🤘

College Baseball GIF by Texas Longhorns

• Hook 'Em 9

18 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Nice day with a few hundred or more there. Beers were happy hr prices ($5 domestic/$6 import) all game. Single game was 14 innings.

Beer memory so I'll give cliff notes...

Tanner Witt started for the Horns and I think went two innings. Gave up the opening run that upon leaving the bat looked to be a ball that would be caught on the warning track but with a slight breeze blowing out it just cleared the wall to the left of the monster. 1-0 SJ. We got one back in the bottom of the inning or the second. Can't remember.

Lots of pitchers used both sides with SJ's losing some control and timely hitting to spot us 6 in the 7th. Duplantier (looked good) and other youngsters trying to make the roster got playing time. Hodo did not play so not sure if he is hurt ? ( I don't follow off season injuries that much) so hopefully he'll be out there next week. Dylan Campbell was in RF pretty much most of the day and struggled on a couple of balls. Old man Austin Todd is back, had a few hits and stayed HEALTHY through the game. Grad transfer from Kansas, Messing crushed a ball out to the street past LF and total hits for the Horns through 12 was at least that.

Game was in 12-3 after 11 when I left. 16-3 Final.

31st let's do it again against the reigning JUCO World Series Champs McClennan County Highlanders. 🤘

College Baseball GIF by Texas Longhorns

Thanks for the post !

How did the catchers look ?    Who caught besides Silas  ?   Do you recall if the transfers Schuessler (aggy) or Hoffart (Blinn) played ?    And Melendez and whoever at 1B ?

Sorry for the interrogation.  I should have went.   Will make it up to you with best buy coupons and rep.    🙂

https://twitter.com/TexasBaseball?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Nice photos on twitter.   Needs to be a writeup on TexasSports - softball always has one.    Per staff listing,  Heather Vacek has been appointed Director of Operations replacing Drew.   She was previously an assistant within the Athletic Dept.

45 minutes ago, torre said:

Thanks for the post !

How did the catchers look ?    Who caught besides Silas  ?   Do you recall if the transfers Schuessler (aggy) or Hoffart (Blinn) played ?    And Melendez and whoever at 1B ?

Sorry for the interrogation.  I should have went.   Will make it up to you with best buy coupons and rep.    🙂

https://twitter.com/TexasBaseball?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Nice photos on twitter.   Needs to be a writeup on TexasSports - softball always has one.    Per staff listing,  Heather Vacek has been appointed Director of Operations replacing Drew.   She was previously an assistant within the Athletic Dept.

No errors and I don't remember anyone running for San Jac. They didn't have many chances too. Sheussler did play but not sure about Hoffart.

Melindez played first and made a couple of nice stretches and snags on errant throws. Wasn't paying attention if someone came in late.

I guess this Sunday I'll take some notes and maybe a score card...There were quite a few scouts in the stands.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I guess this Sunday I'll take some notes and maybe a score card...There were quite a few scouts in the stands.

Thanks !

No need,  relax and have a good time.   LHN is advertising the game will be televised though it is not on TV schedule.  1PM,  iirc.

Anybody know how long the Sunday game will be?  9 innings?  14 innings?  I wanna take the munchkins in their costumes but if it's gonna be a 14-inning game until I get them to run the bases and get candy, fuckin' forget about it.  They'll never make it.  But we could swing 9 innings, probably 2.5 hours.  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anybody know how long the Sunday game will be?  9 innings?  14 innings?  I wanna take the munchkins in their costumes but if it's gonna be a 14-inning game until I get them to run the bases and get candy, fuckin' forget about it.  They'll never make it.  But we could swing 9 innings, probably 2.5 hours.  

Why not go late if it’s another 14 inning game?

I would but that'd probably be about 6:00p in real time and that's when their friends get going on trick-or-treating in the neighborhood.  Getting candy on the infield of DFF is cool and everything to them, but can't compete with running around the 'hood with their friends.  We can swing 4:00p or so, but not 6:00p.  Either way, super cool of the program to do this for kids that day.  Ours just have to do costumes 'n candy and be totally done by 8:00p to get to bed for school so the dads can watch the Astros and get drunk and make inappropriate comments about "hottest milf" until 11p.

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Per McClennan.    Would think it may be shorter due to postgame activities and LHN,  but this is what they say.

Thanks.  I'd never be one to complain about free baseball, but no way I'm getting the kids all the way to DFF for candy/running bases at 6:00p when all their friends are revving up for fun in the neighborhood at 4:30p.  

Will definitely be at the Wed & Fri FWS games next week though if any Surly folks wanna just have a beer in the parking lot beforehand  

3 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

14 innings and Sunshine at the Disch today…
Hansen on the mound….
Todd DH
Kennedy LF
Hodo CF
Melendez 1st
Ardoin C
Daly 2B
Messenger 3B
Faltine SS
Campbell RF

Kids run emoji2089.png the bases after with trick or treating included…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a filthy fucking lineup. Then we got Stehly, Powell, Schuessler, O’Dowd and a great freshman class as depth. And a loaded pitching staff. We’re finally back to that 02-‘11 level talent. Can’t fucking wait for the spring 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Fletch said:

That’s a filthy fucking lineup. Then we got Stehly, Powell, Schuessler, O’Dowd and a great freshman class as depth. And a loaded pitching staff. We’re finally back to that 02-‘11 level talent. Can’t fucking wait for the spring 

Stehly and Jack O'Dowd both had hits yesterday. Schuessler got meaningful innings on the back half. Cant remember if Powell got in. Ace (Ventura) Whitehead, Cam Constantine both got playing time or at bats, and with my post from above......Messinger had his second home run of the fall with a line drive into the MCC bullpen. (NO, I will NOT call it the arm barn).

After 14 Innings, 15-4 good guys with 18 hits.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 5