2021 Wimbledon

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fucking shit, it won’t end. 

She saved some Brit some money who would have bet on her despite the obvious fact that she was going to play like shit and lose in the first round.

I want ANYONE BUT NOVAK on the men's side. (NOVAK or John ISNER)

I want ANYONE BUT SERENA on the women's side.

Things are looking good at the moment... at least on the women's side.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

unfortunate.  maybe he would've been better off trying to play through whatever tournament he pulled out of after the french, getting back to normal is a tremendous help in grieving.

Yep, because he (Tsitsipas) has always sucked on grass. 

Today had to be the biggest battle of big butts that will occur in the Men’s Draw this year, especially with Nadal skipping Wimbledon.

Tiafoe loves the big stage and enjoyed the love from the crowd.

He walks like he had a tall boy beer can shoved up his ass, but then moves well once the ball is in play. Also, his unorthodox forehand, where he waits just a bit longer than most people before whipping a topspin smack really works on the grass.

3946D5EE-F809-4271-A8FA-8203A106C51B.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sloane rolled up Petra. 

Mid-‘21 Sloane is close to olde school Sloane. 

She was hustling and just like defense in basketball, hustle on grass carries over from match to match. 

ANYONE BUT SERENA

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sloane rolled up Petra. 

That was unexpected.  The WTA is so fucking unpredictable.  

On the men’s side supposedly Berrettini is the best chance for the final against Novak?  If that’s the case just hand him the trophy.

roger and serena both on center court today (2nd and 3rd matches of the day respectively).  looks like the first match will go 3 sets so that puts roger at a start time of 10:15ish?  sam querrey has the fifth match on court 18 vs carreno busta.  

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

was looking dicey for fed but then he crosses over mannarino and breaks his knee.  mannarino retires.  fed on to the 2nd round.

I think Fed makes it to round 4.  He doesn’t look like his old self yet.  

Murray looked pretty pretty good from what I saws yesterday.  Will be interesting to see how far he can go.

I think Fed makes it to round 4.  He doesn’t look like his old self yet.  

Murray looked pretty pretty good from what I saws yesterday.  Will be interesting to see how far he can go.
Hah I kept thinking how bad Murray looked compared to his prime self.

7 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Serena hasn't won a major since the beginning of 2017 at the Australian.

She's lost the last four finals, 10-24 in the first sets and 14-25 in the second.

She's lost six of her last eight finals.

Serena is never making another final. 

This year’s Wimbledon was far an away her best shot due to so many top players being out/ injured/ or losing in the first round already (Kvitova was injured AND went out in the 1st round), but she wasn’t going to make it past Kerber. 

Serena has played on tour for over 23 years. She is most likely 200 lbs at the moment and has probably played as heavy as 220 lbs. Her knees, ankles, Achilles’ tendons, ligaments, cartilage… are probably pretty run down for a nearly 40 year-old woman who is 130-145 lbs, but she is sooo much heavier than that. 

Serena dominated her era like no other top player dominated theirs. It is difficult to know whether she was superior or whether she came along at the right time. 🤷‍♂️

What I do know is that she’s not good enough, isn’t healthy enough, and isn’t feared enough to beat the field at a major anymore. (Nor a Masters 1,000, and maybe not even a Masters 500.)

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Little Katie Boulter takes the first over Sabalenka

it was a pretty good ending, boulter had a lot of fight but failed to convert on like 6 break points in one of the last games of the third set.  she had a couple nice lobs for winners.  

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Belinda out in straights to the kid Juvan, that ain’t good. 

Bencic seems a little bi-polar. 

She’s all “forced Eastern-European fake smiles and trying too hard to show you how happy she is” in some matches and then “angry, depressed, and on the verge of tears and a tantrum” in the matches where things aren’t going as planned. 

I feel for any romantic partner she may have in the future. She’s “Egg Shell City”, but she does have a bangin’ bod. She does Not have the mind of a stable winner.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Pegula out to Samsonova in 3, Venus grabbed a bagel on the way to the airport. 

Updated ladies’ draw

Venus is playing mixed doubles with Nick Kyrgios. She’s just carb-loading. 

I’m watching a replay of Nick Kyrgios vs Humbert and he slipped into a hurdler’s stretch early in the 13th game of the 5th set. 

They just mentioned that John Isner slipped on the grass earlier today. They need to with play barefoot or with cleats  

Sofia Kenin upset at Wimbledon; Venus Williams knocked out in second round

Bianca Andreescu, Belinda Bencic and Sofia Kenin were all upset at Wimbledon on Wednesday, while Venus Williams joined the top-10 players in exiting the All England Club.

Alize Cornet upset Andreescu for the second time in two weeks by beating the fifth-seeded Canadian 6-2, 6-1 in the first round; No. 9 Bencic fell 6-3, 6-3 to Kaja Juvan; and No. 4 Kenin's disappointing year hit another low when she was eliminated in the second round by Madison Brengle 6-2, 6-4.

Williams, meanwhile, was shut out in the second set during a 7-5, 6-0 loss to No. 21 Ons Jabeur.

With the defeats by Andreescu and Bencic, No. 6 Serena Williams being forced to withdraw midmatch Tuesday with a leg injury and No. 10 Petra Kvitova falling to Sloane Stephens on Monday, this matches the most losses by top-10 women's seeds in the first round during the Open era (since 1968) with the 2018 tournament.

This is also the first time since 1997 that no Williams sister will be in the third round at Wimbledon, the year before Serena made her debut at the Grand Slam.

Kenin struggled with her serve and had 41 unforced errors to seven by the steady Brengle, an American ranked 82nd who beat a top-10 opponent for the first time in more than four years.

Kenin, the 2020 Australian Open champion and runner-up at the French Open in October, is only 11-10 this year and lost in the second round of a major for the fifth time. The American [Kenin] also said Wednesday that she will not go to the Tokyo Olympics.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/31737235/bianca-andreescu-wimbledon-first-round-losing-alize-cornet-again

People pulling out of the Olympics like it is going to be the NAOMI INVITATIONAL.