Billy Magnussen | FilmGator

Paulie Gaultieri

Pin on Really Hawt Dudes

Silvio Dante

Matteo_Russo.jpg?width=300

Artie Bucco

wr_137551.jpeg

Beansie Gaeta

Hex on Twitter: "Introducing Alexandra Intrator (@ilovedrake67) as Shelly.  #Hex #Indie #ShortFilm #LAFilmPrize http://t.co/Qx8noi03ay"

Janice Soprano

Some of the actors per IMDB. No names yet for the Jon Bernthal, Leslie Odom, Jr., or Ray Liotta characters. No Ben Kingsley though.

Does appear that it will have a time jump between the riots and main storyline as there are listings for a Young Janice and Young Tony characters.

3 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:
  Hide contents

Billy Magnussen | FilmGator

Paulie Gaultieri

Pin on Really Hawt Dudes

Silvio Dante

Matteo_Russo.jpg?width=300

Artie Bucco

wr_137551.jpeg

Beansie Gaeta

Hex on Twitter: "Introducing Alexandra Intrator (@ilovedrake67) as Shelly.  #Hex #Indie #ShortFilm #LAFilmPrize http://t.co/Qx8noi03ay"

Janice Soprano

Some of the actors per IMDB. No names yet for the Jon Bernthal, Leslie Odom, Jr., or Ray Liotta characters. No Ben Kingsley though.

Does appear that it will have a time jump between the riots and main storyline as there are listings for a Young Janice and Young Tony characters.

Per Wiki, Bernthal is playing Tony's father Giovanni "Johnny Boy" Soprano.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I guess I should finally get around to watching the Sopranos. That looks good.

Do it and let the English see you do it!

Also, where the hell is the Dirt Bike thread?

Edit: Poor Jimmy

Edited by Rivers

9 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I would pay good money to have the sopranos erased from my memory so I could watch it fresh again.

Respectfully disagree.  As others have mentioned in the Sopranos thread, I catch new things on every rewatch that makes me love the series more.  Just like The Wire.  Subtle expressions of the actors, the way the background music ties in perfectly to the mood and the moment, the dialogue... all that stuff adds a depth that you miss initially because you're so focused on what's happening. 

Edited by Dutch

To give more credence to my theory on the movie being two parts and flashback heavy, Ray Liotta's appearance looks very different at various points. He has a nice mane of hair and looks young in one scene, and he is bald, older than shit, and looks incarcerated in another scene. Methinks Papa Moltisanti gets pinched during the Newark Riots, and this allows Junior and Johnny Boy to rise in the DiMeo Crime Family. Dickie, while being a legend, never rose above solider. 

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

To give more credence to my theory on the movie being two parts and flashback heavy, Ray Liotta's appearance looks very different at various points. He has a nice mane of hair and looks young in one scene, and he is bald, older than shit, and looks incarcerated in another scene. Methinks Papa Moltisanti gets pinched during the Newark Riots, and this allows Junior and Johnny Boy to rise in the DiMeo Crime Family. Dickie, while being a legend, never rose above solider. 

I made exactly that point several posts above.

Also, looking at the IMDB cast list, there are multiple actors playing several characters at different ages.

• 1 month later...

Mob author Scott Bernstein says Many Saints of Newark will span 1968 - 1978. 

I think he's a little off on his dates, the Newark Riots were in July 1967. 

Some highlights from his pod: 

- Bernstein says that Saints could be a backdoor pilot into a television series. Please God, let this happen. 

- He's also shares our nervousness about casting Billy Magnussen as Paulie. 

- No surprise here, but he believes Hesh will be in the film. (I haven't seen the role cast anywhere) 

- Bernstein also believes the film will depict Dickie's murder, so we'll finally get to find out if the cop did it. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Mob author Scott Bernstein says Many Saints of Newark will span 1968 - 1978. 

I think he's a little off on his dates, the Newark Riots were in July 1967. 

Some highlights from his pod: 

- Bernstein says that Saints could be a backdoor pilot into a television series. Please God, let this happen. 

- He's also shares our nervousness about casting Billy Magnussen as Paulie. 

- No surprise here, but he believes Hesh will be in the film. (I haven't seen the role cast anywhere) 

- Bernstein also believes the film will depict Dickie's murder, so we'll finally get to find out if the cop did it. 

This is gonna be weird but now I’m most excited how dickie dies and if tony really played Chris 

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Interesting. Chase says he would allow Terence Winter to run another Sopranos show. 

Make it happen HBO Max!

Ray Liotta would have made a better Ralphie IMHO. I thought he was one of the characters that felt like a little bit of a stretch - Pantaliano got close to the caricature line of trying to make Ralphie a psycho and top earner. 

9 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Ray Liotta would have made a better Ralphie IMHO. I thought he was one of the characters that felt like a little bit of a stretch - Pantaliano got close to the caricature line of trying to make Ralphie a psycho and top earner. 

I liked Joey Pants as Ralphie. He was a disgusting POS and played it well. 

I doubt Liotta would have signed up for a 2 season arc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ralphie was a tough cat to figure out.  He thought banging Janice would endear him to Tony but then takes a huge gamble that Janice won't say anything to Tony or Carmella about the fact that she shoves dildos up his ass.  The hottest thing he ever banged on the show ended up as paint on a barricade behind the family's flagship business.  And then when his horse gets intestinal worms, instead of giving it paste---he burns the thing to death.  And ends up himself without a head.  Did we ever find out what happened to his kid that took the arrow to the head?