Karen Goes Crazy on Spa

Harrison Bergeron

On 7/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

That dude was a moron. This chick isn’t a Karen. At all. She called bullshit on something that is totally bullshit, I applaud her, and anyone arguing with her in the video, including Aaron Rodgers, needs to have their fucking head examined. 

This is why the spa is probably most at fault. You can’t make everyone happy therefore they should have made it clear that you need to cover your shit up. No matter how awesome your think you body is, someone is gonna be offended.  Not wanting to look at your rod doesn’t make someone transphobic.  If you can only experience true wellness by exposing your genitals then go to a place with no kids and a policy that says it’s ok. And if you want your kids to not have to see tits and men’s junk then go to a place that’s clearly family friendly. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Seeing dick really made her freak out. Weird. I mean, I get not expecting to see dick because you're in the women's section but why lose your shit like a fucking immature asshole when you do? Think of the kids!!! Why did you take them to a nekkid spa?????  Puleeze.

You're on team walking around with your dick swinging in front of women & children at a spa? 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, Incredulity said:

there was a group of older dudes who were really open/showcasing about the drying their sagging hairy balls in the middle of the locker room.

And blow drying their pubes in front of mirrors or in the middle of the locker room. It's fucking nasty. Please stop.

A gym/spa is not a nudist camp. Cover that shit up. And don't talk so much. 

Poor manners will be the death of us all. 

logical-karen

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 12:26 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Was she jacking it? Enchubbened?

It isn’t seeing nudity that does damage to kids, it is the hysterical response to nudity. The narrative that seeing a dick is terrible, scary, and hurtful. So, Karen was dealing whatever damage was being dealt.

Ms Peen was deliberately provocative, or, to be fair, careless. Family spas are not the place for defiance of norms, but trans-folk are normal, since one out of twenty humans are transgendered.

As someone who has had a close family member abused by another close family member who is LGBTQ, it is probably best not to normalize folks with organs of the opposite gender exposing themselves to children. I could care less anybody does around other consenting adults, but this clearly crosses a line.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

As someone who has had a close family member abused by another close family member who is LGBTQ, it is probably best not to normalize folks with organs of the opposite gender exposing themselves to children. I could care less anybody does around other consenting adults, but this clearly crosses a line.

I'm sorry to hear that, but what on earth does it have to do with anything? It sounds dangerously close to you implying that someone LGBTQ is more likely to molest children. 

As to the second part, I agree our society has decided exposing sexual organs around children is improper. Because it is our social norm, it should be respected. But, I don't think there is any evidence that nudity itself is somehow dangerous to children. Other cultures and societies deal just fine with it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but what on earth does it have to do with anything? It sounds dangerously close to you implying that someone LGBTQ is more likely to molest children. 

As to the second part, I agree our society has decided exposing sexual organs around children is improper. Because it is our social norm, it should be respected. But, I don't think there is any evidence that nudity itself is somehow dangerous to children. Other cultures and societies deal just fine with it. 

Not trying to imply anything about LGBT folks being more likely to do anything. More just venting. And there isn't exactly a lot of potential for non LGBT women to be swinging their dicks around little girls in the locker room. A little common courtesy should be in order.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Not trying to imply anything about LGBT folks being more likely to do anything. More just venting. And there isn't exactly a lot of potential for non LGBT women to be swinging their dicks around little girls in the locker room. A little common courtesy should be in order.

Absolutely. We've developed a norm around nudity, so common courtesy should be in order. That said, we don't do our children any favors by freaking out about nudity either. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He did not say that. 

Nudity isn’t necessarily dangerous to children.  A surprise wang is. 

He didn't say it and he clarified later, but there was a potential implication there which is why I asked for clarification.

I don't think a surprise wang is dangerous (unless of course it is encountered in association with sexual predation). Awkward, yes. Against our social norms, yes. Dangerous, absolutely not, at least, not unless we make a bigger deal than it is and cause psychological trauma to our own children. 

45 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed.  Everyone in this video is stupid. Everyone.  Upon reflection I don’t applaud this woman. I feel her rage but she morphed into attention-seeking drama queen.  People love to be dramatic on either side of an argument, and this falls into a “freaking out” category. 

If my 8 yo daughter sees a big ole D and two swinging Bs on a “woman” in a locker room, i would hope my wife would move her out of there, and complain without a camera on. If the issue becomes a scene with another camera rolling, they should both leave, and management should be contacted offline. 

Yup. I agree with this. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think you underestimate the innocence and fragility of most children. Kids that aren’t teenagers shouldn't see that and I would argue it can be dangerous. In most cases, it is how we as parents handle it that’ll make the most difference in how “dangerous” it is, but we should not have to handle shit like that. 

I have boy and two girls. I don't think I'm underestimating anything. What is the harm? Oh no, a child has now seen a biological organ that 50% of the population has, that the child has probably seen on one of their parents, siblings, pets, at the zoo on other animals, and in places like national geographic. The fucking horror. If you don't make a big deal of it, it'll literally mean nothing to the child. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think you underestimate the innocence and fragility of most children. Kids that aren’t teenagers shouldn't see that and I would argue it can be dangerous. In most cases, it is how we as parents handle it that’ll make the most difference in how “dangerous” it is, but we should not have to handle shit like that. 

Reminds me of this article from a week ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/06/29/pride-month-kink-consent/

When our children grew tired of marching, we plopped onto a nearby curb. Just as we got settled, our elementary-schooler pointed in the direction of oncoming floats, raising an eyebrow at a bare-chested man in dark sunglasses whose black suspenders clipped into a leather thong. The man paused to be spanked playfully by a partner with a flog. “What are they doing?” my curious kid asked as our toddler cheered them on. The pair was the first of a few dozen kinksters who danced down the street, laughing together as they twirled their whips and batons, some leading companions by leashes. At the time, my children were too young to understand the nuance of the situation, but I told them the truth: That these folks were members of our community celebrating who they are and what they like to do.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

I would totally downplay it. But it you see a dong on what appeared to be a lady, it’s gonna potentially be traumatic and something you have to address as a parent that you shouldnt have to, ever.  If you can’t agree with that, let’s stop talking now. 

If that causes any damaging trauma to your child, then you have failed as a parent. The only person doing the damaging is you.   

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I would totally downplay it. But if you see a dong on what appeared to be a lady, it’s gonna potentially be traumatic and something you have to address as a parent that you shouldn’t have to, ever.  If you can’t agree with that, let’s stop talking now. 

Yep.  We have separate changing rooms for a reason.  In those rooms you are supposed to be in a comfortable, less threatening space.  To say otherwise is reductionist spin.  

"It's not a big deal" - well it obviously is to some.  Dude had a beard.  Not ok.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I would say it is in society's best interest to not normalize showing young girls dongs. Sexual predators often start out that way. I would prefer we catch them in the dong showing phase instead of the kiddie rape phase. But that's beside the point of this situation. If you've transitioned to female and still have a dong then you should be able to recognize this as well and do your best to keep it to yourself or at least among consenting adults.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I mostly agree, but I have 3 strong headed and confident kids - 2 girls and 1 boy like you. But they don’t need to see that shit, and not every kid has the same makeup they do. Regardless, I mostly agree that most any kid could overcome that with proper parenting, so maybe “dangerous” was a poor descriptor. But it’s an unnecessary imposition on the kid and parent. It’s totally inappropriate. 

I agree that it is inappropriate based on societal norms. But I don't think there is anything to overcome unless the child has been raised on such a way that this event is a bigger deal than it needs to be. I'm sure the child will be curious. Children usually are. But it shouldn't be traumatic. The truth is that for a normal child, this conversation is really only awkward for the parent. The child doesn't give a fuck and is literally just asking questions. All parents have had similar experiences on a variety of topics. 

At any rate, it seems like we mostly agree on this with perhaps just a difference of opinion on the proper semantics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I would say it is in society's best interest to not normalize showing young girls dongs. Sexual predators often start out that way. I would prefer we catch them in the dong showing phase instead of the kiddie rape phase. But that's beside the point of this situation. If you've transitioned to female and still have a dong then you should be able to recognize this as well and do your best to keep it to yourself or at least among consenting adults.

You're confusing cause and effect here. And sexual predators start out with this behavior because its taboo. The point is the thrill of doing something wrong and the response from the other party. If it weren't taboo, they would find some other way to act out. 

Finally, there is a distinction between normalizing "showing young girls dongs" and normalizing the human body so that seeing it isn't traumatic, while also teaching our societal norms on modesty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

See the recent WAPO article on "kinks" and children that was just posted above.  Again, not ok.  

It's the asymmetry of information that bothers me.  Patrons needs to be aware of locker room protocols in advance so they can decide to patronize the place or not.  Simple as that.  

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  We have separate changing rooms for a reason.  In those rooms you are supposed to be in a comfortable, less threatening space.  To say otherwise is reductionist spin.  

"It's not a big deal" - well it obviously is to some.  Dude had a beard.  Not ok.  

I don't think you know what the word "reductionist" means. Hint: you're engaging in it. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're confusing cause and effect here. And sexual predators start out with this behavior because its taboo. The point is the thrill of doing something wrong and the response from the other party. If it weren't taboo, they would find some other way to act out. 

Finally, there is a distinction between normalizing "showing young girls dongs" and normalizing the human body so that seeing it isn't traumatic, while also teaching our societal norms on modesty. 

If you remove everything that is taboo for them then you increase the chances that they go straight to the rapey stage. I'm not saying we should make it traumatic for kids to see a naked person, but that maintaining societal norms has usefulness for reasons other than just being prude.

17 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

If you remove everything that is taboo for them then you increase the chances that they go straight to the rapey stage. I'm not saying we should make it traumatic for kids to see a naked person, but that maintaining societal norms has usefulness for reasons other than just being prude.

This is a very questionable conclusion. First, I'm not sure it is possible to remove "everything taboo." Second, I'm pretty sure the available evidence is that behavior like this typically builds in increments as opposed to starting out at a far extreme. Changing our societal norms will change the specific "deviant" behavior, but not the gradual escalation. 

As to your second point, I agree that maintaining societal norms is useful because it establishes expectations about how we interact and relate with each other.  I disagree that this particular norm (sexual modesty?) somehow prevents child rape. Honestly, I find that assertion ridiculous. At the very least, it requires some very compelling evidence to make it believable.  I'm confident you don't have that. 

Bottom line is nudity is more accepted in other parts of the world, especially in Europe and in some Asian countries.    When I was 13 in 1985  and made my first visit to Greece and went to a beach, let's just say that was a culture shock!   My relatives had to tell their daughters to cover up their tops because they forgot we Americans are a bunch of prudes.    And no I really didn't get a good look and this was way before cell phone cameras, so STHU!

When it comes to this SPA thing, sometimes just a little common sense goes along way.   Should the dude have thought twice about flopping around nude in a ladies area with children?  Yep.    Women's area means WOMEN and  you are still a dude which if you have a penis, testicles, and a prostate you are still a dude.  If you are still shooting live rounds and can get a women pregnant and have to shave your face.... You are still a dude.    I mean for crying out loud just go to the Men's side and walk around in your glory.  Most men won't pay attention.  I've been to a spas where nudity was allowed in the men's side for the saunas, steam room, cool dips, etc. and I never asked the guys around me if they were gay or straight.  If they were gay, so what?  I'm straight and I know what my wilily likes...   Funny thing is Americans haven't always been prudes as long as they are with their own sexes or expect to be naked with others of the opposite sex too.   Guys used to swim nude together at places like the YMCA and other health clubs when they were exclusively open to men only . 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

"he has penises hanging out" ... say what? Bob Stoops is that you?

"and if we went in to the men's section with our anatomy...."   lol she couldn't finish that sentence could she?

but seriously, I've been in plenty of women's locker rooms, changing areas, etc. and I'll tell you this much, parading around naked is mostly a dude thing.  So either he needs to GTFO or she needs to get with the program and be more modest.  yes, the trans person (if that's really what that was) is wrong. and if trans and not transitioned, then GTFO out too. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

In response to @MaybeACoordinator I wrote an essay, then somehow lost it all before posting..

Here’s to a fresh start!

Beginning with the family betrayal, I share your outrage at that horrible act. As I was six when my seventeen year old babysitter instructed me in how to use my fingers on her pussy, I take a backseat to no one on suspicion of others and over caution when my kids are at risk.

I do not share the, admittedly common,  opinion you have about the harm the sight of a penis causes. Vigilance is the parent’s lot, but conflating the random glimpse of the human body with predation is not how you keep your focus on protecting kids. Further, the best (I want to say tool) weapon parents have to protect their kids is open and frank communication. This thread is based on a golden opportunity to do just that: talk with your kids.

When our girls were young, of course I took them places without my wife. To be human carries the burden of peeing. When I had no other option, the little ones went into the restroom with me. That place with the urinals. Surely we can agree that it is within the realm of normal circumstance a kid in a men’s bathroom might see a penis, through no fault of the person attached. I do not believe Surlly’s opinion is that men cannot take their young girls places without a chaperone, nor that the right move is leaving children unattended, nor that not answering a call of nature is what is required.

So, the construct made has proven false. We do, in fact, live in a society where young children might possibly see different plumbing than they were given at birth, while out among society during times that coincide with changing , or adjusting, clothes.

Further, I offer the desperate women at Texas Stadium, back in the day. Faced with a line that was too long for their body to manage, pairs of ladies (always a pair,) would abandon the ladies line and crash the gent’s gates, as it were, and pee in the sinks. I don’t recall any angst, either, afterwards. Why should there be any?

Of course, it is possible Ms Peen wanted to be seen. If this is a story about sexual predation, and wanting a kid to see your junk qualifies, it is not a story about transgenderism. I do not know if this was more sinister than an accident. 

We are both biological and mental critters. You can see the body, but not thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. Hermaphrodites are a biological refutation of the “only two genders” oversimplification. Believe what you want, the fact is: society includes transgendered people

I find it funny that some here mock trans people, as a group, as not being normal, while other’s see this unique event as an avenue to ‘normalizing.’

None of this is to the point. Krazy Karen failed as a parent, (assuming she is one.) 

We have endured worse on behalf of far fewer. than the necessity of having to explain yet more,!about the world that they have joined,  to our children.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

You don’t encounter middle aged men leisurely drying their balls in a men’s public bathroom.  

True. I think 'hastily' is the better description of the middle aged ball-drying that happens in the men's public bathroom.

18 hours ago, troph said:

"and if we went in to the men's section with our anatomy...."   lol she couldn't finish that sentence could she?

but seriously, I've been in plenty of women's locker rooms, changing areas, etc. and I'll tell you this much, parading around naked is mostly a dude thing.  So either he needs to GTFO or she needs to get with the program and be more modest.  yes, the trans person (if that's really what that was) is wrong. and if trans and not transitioned, then GTFO out too. 

For me that was always what should have been the point of the bathroom bills if you are being logical about it. It isn’t to stop a transitioned you from using the ladies room which is absurd bc you present as a lady. It’s to prevent a predator dude from doing his thing and being above the law by saying he was identifying as a woman. 
not sure which this is but yeah- agree completely with you here. 
*I don’t really know how the bathroom bills were written and I’m sure it was stupid and pointless, but the rationale about avoiding this situation makes sense to me. 

18 hours ago, troph said:

Why does it need to be more complicated than this? One can support trans folks and still be uncomfortable with a trans woman immodestly showing her dong around little girls. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, destroya said:

Why does it need to be more complicated than this? One can support trans folks and still be uncomfortable with a trans woman immodestly showing her dong around little girls. 

her "lady dong" is the proper terminology man. I kid, sorta...

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s to prevent a predator dude from doing his thing

If you are the father of young kids, (I wrote ‘girls, but both sets of plumbing are at risk) know the predator thing is to gain your trust, or your position in the family. 

Edited by Willfully Horn

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

If you are the father of young kids, (I wrote ‘girls, but both sets of plumbing are at risk) know the predator thing issues  to gain your trust, or your position in the family. 

I've read this 4 times and don't understand what you are trying to say here. 

This just seems pretty easy to me. If you're getting your dong out for others to see, you go to the men's room. 

It is just not logically consistent - if a guy goes to a park and flashes a woman or children, he gets arrested. If he does it in a spa, he's cool?

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

13 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

It is just not logically consistent - if a guy goes to a park and flashes a woman or children, he gets arrested. If he does it in a spa, he's cool?

What is logically consistent is that Ms Peen did not intend to show her dong.

Otherwise, an arrest would have been more likely than a random park flasher’s, as the spa knows who is in their spa, and parks might not know the identity of the flasher.

Again, why do people believe this was an intended flashing?

Edited by Willfully Horn
Grrr

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Otherwise, an arrest would have been more likely than a random park flasher’s, as the spa knows who is in their spa, and parks might not know the identity of the flasher.

It is only confusing for you and your fellow micro-penisers.

• Drool 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:47 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep. 

You ever been in a locker room before?  Kids are gonna see what shouldn’t be seen. This is impossible to enforce if you’re a spa, and it’d be a horrible idea to legislate. Kids are really gonna be in for a surprise if, whilst finally getting accustomed to other tits and labia, a surprise wang comes flopping out. 

Don't know why, and yes I'm going to hell, but I can't quit laughing over this post...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

because a lady screamed penises in the lobby.

• 2 weeks later...