Fat People

Hanrahan

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Also I think an underrated aspect of fat people is the understanding that food is a chemical and like with any chemical, there is a chance (and some people or populations of people are more prone than others) to addiction. Especially with sugar.

So you have people who are getting cheap hits of dopamine from eating pleasurable and tasty foods, and over and over and over, they build a tolerance. So now they have to eat like crap all day long to get those highs. Or else the alternative is they feel like crap even when heating "healthy" so they think, why bother eating healthy when it makes me feel sick? So they relapse back to the stuff that is killing them. No different than heroin, at that point, directionally speaking.

As many can attest after a long boys weekend or a vacation of eating like crap-- you feel like crap and have a sort of hangover or detox period complete with headaches or lethargy or migraines-- now put yourself in a 260 lb, 6 foot or shorter person (and beyond) and you start to see the real problem is that once you've become food/sugar addicted, it takes a level of commitment and mental strength that isn't for everyone.

Still, I'll die on the hill that if you are raising fat kids, you should be talked to about it-- whether it from a doctor or a social worker. Don't put your own unhealthiness and poor decisions and choices and food addictions on innocent kids, just like you wouldnt give them booze or cigarettes.

This. I think people under estimate how much fat, sugar, etc the American diet includes if you eat out at fast food, etc places. 

I can’t eat most of that food. In my house, we eat almost no sweets then eat lots of fruits and veggies. Once you get off the sugar, etc cycle, it makes most typical fast food places inedible. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, LABEVO said:

This. I think people under estimate how much fat, sugar, etc the American diet includes if you eat out at fast food, etc places. 

I can’t eat most of that food. In my house, we eat almost no sweets then eat lots of fruits and veggies. Once you get off the sugar, etc cycle, it makes most typical fast food places inedible. 

Yea eating out is tough for casual dining, when we go on vacation, short of fancier fare, we have to stick to seafood restaurants or find any generic place that has grilled chickens or salad entrees, etc.

When I eat out for work/business though, I can always find good options because the dining is much higher quality (and of course 2-3x more expensive than casual sit down dining).

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

when actors/actresses need to gain a shitton of weight quickly for roles, they eat copious amounts of ice cream. just something to keep in mind.

That's it! It's all of our struggling actors and actresses fighting hard as I can to get ready for a movie role. I'm new there had to be logical explanation.haha

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

1) I don’t know a soul that eats 48 pints of ice cream a year, and we live in the hottest part of the country.

2) how can the US and New Zealand both be number one seems to be discussing pro rata each case.

To be honest, when my oldest grandson and his little sister were staying with us as little bitty kids I probably ate more than that by a large margin. Fortunately I have never been obese or even slightly overweight, whether that be due to genetics or a ridiculous metabolism I don't know. I've always been the kind that if I gain 2 lbs I always tend to start watching it which was rare

Edited by SHOOTER12

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

That reminds me of Charles Barkley and his comments about the robust San Antonio women over the years…His attempt at an apology in 2017 was hilarious:

"I want to apologize to the women of San Antonio," Barkley stated.

"What happened to prompt this?" asked host Ernie Johnson.

"Ernie, I had churros last night," Barkley said as Shaquille O'Neal walked off the stage in laughter. "I see what all the excitement is about!"

However, Barkley did not leave well enough alone. He continued to profess his love of the fried dough treat, saying, "Them damn things are good, Ernie. I see why they got all them big ol' women down in San Antonio. Them churros are the BOMB!"

Barkley repeated that he wanted to apologize to the women of San Antonio, but, obviously his execution left a lot to be desired.”

Still makes me laugh to this day as much as when I heard it live in 2017.

Oh, and where are all of the Fat Lives Matter organizers after reading this thread??😁  Don't answer-likely pounding Krispy Kreme or churros.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, midtown said:

I was on a recent flight from SAT to SEA on Alaska Air.   Older woman by the window leans her seat back and the lady behind her (who is very large) taps the husbands shoulder and asks her to bring her seat back up because "it's really tight in here"  He dead ass responded with.  "maybe if you lost some weight you'd have more space".  That set off a lovely war of words from her travel partners one of which was equally fat

I would have loved to have been there to witness that!

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

So you have people who are getting cheap hits of dopamine from eating pleasurable and tasty foods, and over and over and over, they build a tolerance. So now they have to eat like crap all day long to get those highs. Or else the alternative is they feel like crap even when heating "healthy" so they think, why bother eating healthy when it makes me feel sick? So they relapse back to the stuff that is killing them. No different than heroin, at that point, directionally speaking.

It is a common symptom of those who start a low carb diet (or really a just fewer carbs diet) to have about a two week period where they feel like shit or just a bit off.

I think one of the lesser talked about fat issues is stress and pressure.  Say you are not hugely obese but need to drop 20-30 lbs.  You do your research, you know what to eat and realize you are going to need to plan more and cook more.  You also realize that you need to do a bit of exercising, but having done your research realize also that you can't just go balls to the wall from the get go.  So you make time for walking, yard work, playing with the kids, but not too much because you need to do some meal planning. Things are going good for a few weeks and you have dropped a few lbs, but work has some deadlines, kids have some events, its raining, you are having some guests over, etc.

You fall behind, but you catch back up after a week or so.  But there is more interference, its almost seems like there are forces at play trying to prevent you from living a healthy lifestyle.  You soldier on, but temptation is everywhere-happy hours, beer after yard work, eating out.  You have bills  to pay, idiots to deal with, traffic, poor sleep, and you just want to chill when you get home, but you go walk and try to shoot some baskets.  The next morning that ankle injury you in college is acting up.  you need to adapt and change plans or a take day off.

So this is just some pressure to lose a few lbs, but the tougher part is dealing with stress in the modern world, which has also gone way up in the last 40 years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

It is a common symptom of those who start a low carb diet (or really a just fewer carbs diet) to have about a two week period where they feel like shit or just a bit off.

I think one of the lesser talked about fat issues is stress and pressure.  Say you are not hugely obese but need to drop 20-30 lbs.  You do your research, you know what to eat and realize you are going to need to plan more and cook more.  You also realize that you need to do a bit of exercising, but having done your research realize also that you can't just go balls to the wall from the get go.  So you make time for walking, yard work, playing with the kids, but not too much because you need to do some meal planning. Things are going good for a few weeks and you have dropped a few lbs, but work has some deadlines, kids have some events, its raining, you are having some guests over, etc.

You fall behind, but you catch back up after a week or so.  But there is more interference, its almost seems like there are forces at play trying to prevent you from living a healthy lifestyle.  You soldier on, but temptation is everywhere-happy hours, beer after yard work, eating out.  You have bills  to pay, idiots to deal with, traffic, poor sleep, and you just want to chill when you get home, but you go walk and try to shoot some baskets.  The next morning that ankle injury you in college is acting up.  you need to adapt and change plans or a take day off.

So this is just some pressure to lose a few lbs, but the tougher part is dealing with stress in the modern world, which has also gone way up in the last 40 years.

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."

Which maybe is why being shamed can be helpful. If you feel like crap when you go to the waterpark with your kids because you are fat and feel lesser or less attractive, then maybe you dig a bit deeper when life gets in the way of your best laid plans or whatever that post I'm quoting was trying to say by way of distractions.

Also the company you keep helps-- if everyone is ordering a healthy lunch, maybe you won't order the fatty special and you'd feel absurd by doing so.

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

No calories.  No sugars. 

Besides the calories and sugars present in all alcohol, you mean. 

You might have meant "no carbs" - but that isn't really a win when you're drinking liquor. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Also I think an underrated aspect of fat people is the understanding that food is a chemical and like with any chemical, there is a chance (and some people or populations of people are more prone than others) to addiction. Especially with sugar.

As many can attest after a long boys weekend or a vacation of eating like crap-- you feel like crap and have a sort of hangover or detox period complete with headaches or lethargy or migraines-- now put yourself in a 260 lb, 6 foot or shorter person (and beyond) and you start to see the real problem is that once you've become food/sugar addicted, it takes a level of commitment and mental strength to break that cycle that isn't for everyone. And if you are an adult and say, "meh, i'll take the trade-off of feeling/looking like crap and a half dozen years of lifespan because I get to eat decadent foods at semi-leisure and on whim", then so be it.

Still, I'll die on the hill that if you are raising fat kids, you should be talked to about it-- whether it from a doctor or a social worker. Don't put your own unhealthiness and poor decisions and choices and food addictions on innocent kids, just like you wouldnt give them booze or cigarettes.

Nah fuck that. Make the community do it.

Also I don't see anything in your paragraphs that makes me think we shouldn't still do a purge.

It's a demand thing.  People want trash food and that's what the market brings, especially people on the low end of the money spectrum.
Very true. A lot of my family live in small towns, and whenever a healthy option restaurant gives it a go, they always fail. I mean I will eat there and enjoy the food, but all the locals are at DQ paying maybe a dollar or two less for a meal in a bag.

13 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."

Which maybe is why being shamed can be helpful. If you feel like crap when you go to the waterpark with your kids because you are fat and feel lesser or less attractive, then maybe you dig a bit deeper when life gets in the way of your best laid plans or whatever that post I'm quoting was trying to say by way of distractions.

Also the company you keep helps-- if everyone is ordering a healthy lunch, maybe you won't order the fatty special and you'd feel absurd by doing so.

Shaming works because pain works.  Too many people are "comfortable" and have never been pushed a day in their lives.  They've been told "they are ok" they "way they are"....fuck all that.  You are killing your body.  You are not ok.  You are dialing up every comorbidity factor there is and putting a shit ton of strain on every aspect of your body.  Stop.  

You want to see a born again hard SOB, check out the transformation of actor Ethan Suplee.  Dude was pushing FIVE bills at one point (550lbs).  Now he's completely transformed his whole body and mind.  It's a struggle.  Shit's not easy.  But it's not impossible.  

He lost 270lbs.  That's a DE or big TE.  That's a whole person....

Ethan-Suplee-Weight-Loss-Abs.jpg

Born again HARD!!!!!!

image.jpg&w=1280&h=720&q=90&c=cc

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Allsups burritos.

A few years ago I stopped at an Allsups during a road trip with my son and made him try one because he never had one. He acted like I was getting him to smoke crack and poked it a few times then threw it out the window. Had a similar experience when getting my other son to try JitB tacos.

Look, I’m not saying you should hit your kids, but I understand if you do…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I work in an poorer region of Central Texas and deal with average folk from around this area. I'll keep a tally today and report my very scientific findings.

Final tally for the day

underweight- 0

"that dude/chick works out and it shows"- 0

normal to overweight- 12

obese to morbidly obese- 20

super morbidly obese- 3

Now these are people that get out and come inside at a bank so not generally the cream of the crop intellectually, but still a poor showing.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Or unleash the zombies 

2179d897c0a420e8eed163d6818858e5.jpg

Friend of mine, former paratrooper in south Georgia, was one of the zombies in that movie. I believe he got his head blown of during the scene at the amusement park where they are in the seats that drop down from the tower, he's standing near the controls that the characters shoot out.

IIRC he said that Woody Harrelson was odd, lots of the "professional" Hollywood extras were snobby, and Emma Stone was a "stick-leg [forget exact cussword.]"

Everybody else he pretty much liked.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, sorry - carbs.  

A jigger of vodka is still about 100 calories (technically 96 it looks like). It's why you can't get a 12 oz light beer or hard seltzer below a ratio of 1/19.2 ABV/Calories. You can strip everything out - but if you want it to be alcoholic you can't strip out the alcohol. Because that's all vodka is - ethanol and water.

Michelob Ultra - 4.2 ABV - 95 calories (4.2 × 19.2 = 81 - so you basically have 81 "alcohol" calories and 14 "beer" calories)

White Claw I believe is 5 ABV and 100 calories (as are some other selzters). 5 × 19.2 = 96 plus 4 calories from some added sugar (hence "only 2 carbs"). So almost every calorie in a white claw comes from alcohol. All hard seltzers are is (shitty) vodka soda in a can with artificial sweeteners/flavoring. 

It's why white claw 70 is one of the dumbest fucking marketing attempts ever. Sure, it has 30 less calories, because it has 30% less alcohol and they take the added sugar out. 

White claw 70 is 3.7 ABV. 3.7 × 19.2 = 71.04. Which tells me they are actually fudging the numbers and it is more likely ~3.65 ABV to get a nice round 70 calories (since you don't have to list ABV to 2 decimal places).

Alcohol is absolutely fascinating whether you like to drink a lot or not. Another thing - which I can't quite explain as well off the top of my head - is that you are sort of right when you say there isn't any "sugar" in vodka - it's just a different type of sugar. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A jigger of vodka is still about 100 calories (technically 96 it looks like). It's why you can't get a 12 oz light beer or hard seltzer below a ratio of 1/19.2 ABV/Calories. You can strip everything out - but if you want it to be alcoholic you can't strip out the alcohol. Because that's all vodka is - ethanol and water.

Michelob Ultra - 4.2 ABV - 95 calories (4.2 × 19.2 = 81 - so you basically have 81 "alcohol" calories and 14 "beer" calories)

White Claw I believe is 5 ABV and 100 calories (as are some other selzters). 5 × 19.2 = 96 plus 4 calories from some added sugar (hence "only 2 carbs"). So almost every calorie in a white claw comes from alcohol. All hard seltzers are is (shitty) vodka soda in a can with artificial sweeteners/flavoring. 

It's why white claw 70 is one of the dumbest fucking marketing attempts ever. Sure, it has 30 less calories, because it has 30% less alcohol and they take the added sugar out. 

White claw 70 is 3.7 ABV. 3.7 × 19.2 = 71.04. Which tells me they are actually fudging the numbers and it is more accurately ~3.65 ABV to get a nice round 70 calories (since you don't have to list ABV to 2 decimal places).

Alcohol is absolutely fascinating whether you like to drink a lot or not. Another thing - which I can't quite explain as well off the top of my head - is that you are sort of right when you say there isn't any "sugar" in vodka - it's just a different type of sugar. 

https://getdrunknotfat.com/

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Just find a bar a mile away, then walk there to drink.

My best drinking buddy I had when I was living in Dallas had some great -isms. One of the best being (dictated as basically a mission statement): "I just walk around and drink beer". Which was pretty much true as he didn't own a car (genuine alcoholic with a few DUIs) and he was in decent shape. 

His other great one was "I don't play poker with the ocean".

• Drool 1

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

One of my favorite things to do is walk along the lines at HEB and try to guess what obese people have in their carts. So much processed crap and two litter bottles of soda and rarely a fresh veggie to be seen. 

A lot of it is a class thing. I worked at a private college where the professors and white collar employees would eat in this food court area at the same time as the landscaper and cleaning crews. I'd walk past everybody, it was 2 different types of food: all brown fried stuff, no green on the working class plates, salads and fish and fruit and stuff for the people who'd been to grad school.

I'm not saying there was a huge difference in the health of both groups, but you could predict about how they'd be doing in ten or fifteen years. Also, the cleaners and landscapers were a lot nicer.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pch said:

Still makes me laugh to this day as much as when I heard it live in 2017.

Oh, and where are all of the Fat Lives Matter organizers after reading this thread??😁  Don't answer-likely pounding Krispy Kreme or churros.

They are putting a Krispy Kreme store in my neighborhood in East Harlem. I am not certain if it’ll do well because their price point is a bit high for folks to consistently stop there. I mean if you are going to load up on sugar here just go to Lorain or Insomnia Cookies for a quick sugar coma.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well this doesn't help.

The largest worldwide consumption of ice cream is in United States. There, one average person consumes 48 pints of ice cream per year.

The country that consumes the most ice cream is USA, followed by Australia then Norway.

New Zealand consumes more ice cream per capita than any other country, with an average of 7.5 gallons per person per year.

Just wait till HEB brings back Creamy Creations Sopapilla.  That's when the sweat pants come out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I've been eating a lot of fruit for the last couple months.  We usually have apple, oranges, bananas, strawberries and oranges in the house.  Pineapple has been really good the last month or so. Because I went the month prior eating junk.

I'm saying this because I think people forget how good fruit is.  A good orange or apple is fucking fantastic.  I must've eaten nearly half of a pineapple the last couple days.  It's juicy and sweet. 

I grew up eating plenty of fruit and veggies but I had friends that grew up eating junk and it showed then and now that we are in our 40s it's getting worse for them and I'm starting to see it in their kids.  It's sad.

Fruit rocks.  Eat an apple fuckers.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Not sure exactly what fat shaming is but we need to be actively encouraging fat people to lose weight. Covid was a great opportunity to issue PSAs for people to lose weight.

It's just an attempt to make people feel ashamed of certain behavior in order to alter said behavior. Like a lot of other forms of shaming it just pushes the behavior into the shadows. Basically it doesn't accomplish anything except inflicting pain on others.

There are ways to address the problem but being harmful to others isn't a solution.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It's not just the US. Travel to Europe and you'll see it there too.

Blame Bill Gates/Steve Jobs for moving our jobs to 8 hours of sitting behind a desk. 

It’s because nobody chain smokes anymore

• Like 1

It's just an attempt to make people feel ashamed of certain behavior in order to alter said behavior. Like a lot of other forms of shaming it just pushes the behavior into the shadows. Basically it doesn't accomplish anything except inflicting pain on others.
There are ways to address the problem but being harmful to others isn't a solution.

Ok. I don’t disagree. Yet there needs to be an acknowledgment that being fat is bad for everyone. There’s a tremendous burden on all of us. I get that humans are not perfect and we all have issues, but we need to more actively encourage people to lose weight.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The best way to encourage is to find a touchstone. If they think junk food is delicious then suggest healthier foods that are also delicious. Love your kids? Then eat better so you you’ll be on this earth longer to enjoy them.  Like to fuck? Lose weight and you’ll probably get laid more. Telling them they’re ugly or are a burden to society  doesn’t do anything for them thus will have little effect. 

Also. Of course obesity is a socioeconomic problem. Empty calories are a lot cheaper than healthy calories. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I must've eaten nearly half of a pineapple the last couple days.  It's juicy and sweet. 

It has another benefit (a Chad tip below). Caution - adult words.  Not for children. 

Spoiler

Pineapple grandly improves oral. All sexes/genders.

It's available in powder form, but fresh pineapple is the best. Luscious fruit fruit to eat. In moderation, of course. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Ok. I don’t disagree. Yet there needs to be an acknowledgment that being fat is bad for everyone. There’s a tremendous burden on all of us. I get that humans are not perfect and we all have issues, but we need to more actively encourage people to lose weight.

Yes, I agree. It's a health crisis but there is a right way and wrong way to address it. I think Michele Obama's efforts were on the right path because it brought the discussion of nutrition to the forefront but unfortunately it was politicized and the reaction was "muh cupcakes and soda in school is a natural right."

People really don't know shit about nutrition and that is sad. RDcanter made a comment about the difference in what people were eating between the white collars and blue collars and I would guess a lack of knowledge and income is probably a big factor.

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yes, I agree. It's a health crisis but there is a right way and wrong way to address it. I think Michele Obama's efforts were on the right path because it brought the discussion of nutrition to the forefront but unfortunately it was politicized and the reaction was "muh cupcakes and soda in school is a natural right."

People really don't know shit about nutrition and that is sad. RDcanter made a comment about the difference in what people were eating between the white collars and blue collars and I would guess a lack of knowledge and income is probably a big factor.

Just think of your average shopper at Whole Foods vs. Wal Mart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Fat shaming doesn't work and anyone that is an advocate of it has rocks instead of grey matter in their head. It will result in the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. Don't do it if you are genuinely trying to help someone. If you are doing it because you are an asshole than stop being an asshole.

He's right in the sense that the pain of going on has to exceed the pain of getting better.  That's a key to any habit or compulsive behavior.

Fat shaming, though, is not a good way to increase the pain of continuing to be obese.  In fact, it probably feeds into the actual shame that helps drive the compulsion.

On the other hand, being dishonest about whether fat people are healthy or not doesn't help either.

You basically got to treat em like an alcoholic.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

He's right in the sense that the pain of going on has to exceed the pain of getting better.  That's a key to any habit or compulsive behavior.
Fat shaming, though, is not a good way to increase the pain of continuing to be obese.  In fact, it probably feeds into the actual shame that helps drive the compulsion.
On the other hand, being dishonest about whether fat people are healthy or not doesn't help either.
You basically got to treat em like an alcoholic.
Unless it's your wife, just be honest.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

My best drinking buddy I had when I was living in Dallas had some great -isms.

-Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, “I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.” Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus, I'd still have to bum rides off people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

I agree with those above saying that fat shaming is detrimental.  I think we’ve gone too far the other way such that we are less willing to say what we all know to be true, that obesity is unhealthy. In the name of body positivity there is a lot of commercials and media putting obesity on a pedestal and the explicit suggestion that you can be athletic and obese and just as healthy.  If you are told being obese is just as good, why would you do anything about it?  Losing weight and changing your lifestyle is fucking hard.  I dont know what the answer is.  Admitting obesity is unhealthy and encouraging a healthier lifestyle without making people feel bad about having been obese. One person’s encouragement is another persons shaming. 
I think there are more tools and information available for people to eat healthier and be in better shape but you have to be willing to put in the hard work to make it happen and for some people, the hill seems to steep.  Acceptance of obesity for the sake of positivity is not the answer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s because nobody chain smokes anymore

Speak for yourself.  Back in the day, I could eat a Big Mac, an order of fries and a double cheeseburger, smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds, and down a pint of whiskey and a couple of Budweiser’s. That was when I was actually physically working.   If I did that now I’d be dead in 5 minutes.  

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Anyone who thinks kids are obese because of what they eat at school has their head buried in the sand.  Health and fitness start at home.  My kids eat the lunch at MS and HS, but our house is full of healthy alternatives and we rarely eat processed crap except on road trips, etc.  Even then, as they both play sports, their "macros" (I hate this word) are fine and we try to keep them at a caloric surplus the best we can.  There's a little fat pasty kid in the neighborhood that is nice enough, has fat pasty parents, and NEVER is far away from some cookie/candy/crap in his hands.  Give him carrots for lunch (which are full of sugar BTW), maybe he he eats them.  Maybe not, but it's like throwing pebbles into the ocean in terms of what is really going to improve his overall diet and lifestyle.

If your plan somehow entails better parenting, stop already. You’ve already lost. 8 hours at school are all some kids have at a better future. Will it automatically fix the problem? Of course not but it’s better than an impossible idea. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If your plan somehow entails better parenting, stop already. You’ve already lost. 8 hours at school are all some kids have at a better future. Will it automatically fix the problem? Of course not but it’s better than an impossible idea. 

This is why I say don’t fat shame people, but absolutely shame the bad parents letting freaking toddlers and prepubescent children get fat. It’s sad and it’s not the children’s fault; it’s 100% the parents. Just like any other unhealthy and potentially toxic substance, parents should be at risk if they have obese children. You wouldn’t put up with parents letting their kids get drunk or smoke cigarettes, but we let these parents let their kids mainline Cheetos and Big Macs daily. This is another reason why Dr. Thunder and Taki’s shouldn’t be paid for by EBT/SNAP benefits, or they should be capped at a certain % or $ of overall food purchase.

Also I’m all for making it more expensive for fat people; insurance or airlines or whatever. We already do that with life insurance, if you are fat you pay a higher premium. If you smoke you pay more for insurance, etc., it’s the same thing.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1