Fat People

Hanrahan

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

You could argue that fucking pyramid contributed to millions upon millions of deaths from obesity and being a general fat fuck.  

Quit shoving cupcakes, cokes, and mocha-frappa-bullshit milk shakes in your mouths you fucking jelly-bellies. 

Sugar is what is killing more Americans than almost anything else.

Don’t forget the war on fatty foods, as in natural, fatty foods.  

butter is bad!! Eat this oil based, butter flavored dogshit instead.   

don’t eat beef!!! But fried chicken is not to be worried about 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, watching that rise in the obesity rate in a relatively short time....tied to a point someone made above about a correlation with depression/anxiety/despair, and coupled with a rise in violent crime rates after a long period of decline......I wonder how much of this is all tied to us being a kind of messed up country with some messed up minds.

Whatever the underlying reasons, as a people, we are descending into despair and depression, which leads to all manner of bad outcomes: obesity, violence, suicide, etc.  Maybe there's a much bigger conversation to be had here about a broad social sickness, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Hard times make hard men.  Hard men make good times.  Good times make weak men.  Weak men make hard times.

This is a good time......

Almost all the modern day maladies are ones of surplus.  We have so much fucking food and crap we can shove in our mouths we eat ourselves to death because it "tastes good".

Diabetes, heart disease, blood sugar levels, hypertension, even cancer possibly, etc....the list goes on.  People are hard wired for gluttony and turn to sweet and salty every time.  

I had to have a "talk" with my brothers hippy vegetarian wife who got fat as fuck being proud about "not eating meat" but that cow would fuck up a bag of Doritos.......

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

flying back to texas from colorado, the first thing that always struck me was 'man, these people are fat as fuck.' it's pretty jarring.

Returning from Southern California to Colorado recently, I was struck by how much more slender Coloradoans are when compared to Southern Californians in general. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Huge mistake by the medical establishment and Ag to promote the war on fatty foods. People turned to high calorie and large portion substitutes to achieve satiation. The Food Pyramid was a big fat lie. 

From 2002:

https://drdanwellness.com/uploads/3/4/2/0/34200310/what_if_its_all_been_a_big_fat_lie_gary_taubes_with_highlights.pdf

TLDR: Fat satiates hunger, which can lead to fewer calories ingested.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah, about forty years ago. 

image.png.23473262e1afa104f5fb7209008a5780.png

"High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a fructose-glucose liquid sweetener alternative to sucrose (common table sugar) first introduced to the food and beverage industry in the 1970s."

What a strange coincidence? 

• Hook 'Em 7

The main parts of the problem are food labeling and knowledge. People seek out No Fat or Low Fat on food packaging because they don't want to be fat.  Which is the opposite. No Fat mean high in carbs usually as sugar so you're going to pack on the weight.  The bread and chip aisle at the grocery store should be a wider aisle based on the people I see on it. 

I don't think you have to be keto or low carb to be a healthy weight but people would do better if they ate more protein AND fat.

Now I realize that some people are on special diets because of other health problems so that's another issue besides weight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

San Antonio area is not all fatties.

screen_shot_2020-04-06_at_2.18.44_pm.png

That reminds me of Charles Barkley and his comments about the robust San Antonio women over the years…His attempt at an apology in 2017 was hilarious:

"I want to apologize to the women of San Antonio," Barkley stated.

"What happened to prompt this?" asked host Ernie Johnson.

"Ernie, I had churros last night," Barkley said as Shaquille O'Neal walked off the stage in laughter. "I see what all the excitement is about!"

However, Barkley did not leave well enough alone. He continued to profess his love of the fried dough treat, saying, "Them damn things are good, Ernie. I see why they got all them big ol' women down in San Antonio. Them churros are the BOMB!"

Barkley repeated that he wanted to apologize to the women of San Antonio, but, obviously his execution left a lot to be desired.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

butter is bad!! Eat this oil based, butter flavored dogshit instead.   

don’t eat beef!!! But fried chicken is not to be worried about 

No shit.  This idea that fat makes you fat is fucking stupid.  Naturally occurring fats are critical

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The main parts of the problem are food labeling and knowledge. People seek out No Fat or Low Fat on food packaging because they don't want to be fat.  Which is the opposite. No Fat mean high in carbs usually as sugar so you're going to pack on the weight.  The bread and chip aisle at the grocery store should be a wider aisle based on the people I see on it. 
I don't think you have to be keto or low carb to be a healthy weight but people would do better if they ate more protein AND fat.
Now I realize that some people are on special diets because of other health problems so that's another issue besides weight.
The problem with fat is that its called fat. It should be called energy.

Keto is an expensive diet. Any good diet is expensive now.
  • Hook 'Em 2

When I lived in France 2001-2002, seemed like half the food was some kind of fat. Even the non-skinny people looked like they could walk a mile and then dart up several flights of stairs, because they did, all day long.

Another thing that helped was that everything non-food-related would shut down completely for about an hour and a half during lunch. There was no frenzy of running around on errands, all you could do was eat, then think about what you ate.

It was great. Sadly it has probably all been "corrected" since then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Sort of.  I think the larger concern is knowing what to buy and consume.  I played sports for a while in college, and was lucky enough to have a dietician and learned at an early age.  

Eggs.  Oils.  Nuts.  Certain veggies.  Lots of chicken and rice.  Not super expensive, and the prep time is not insignificant.  

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

We can't even get 30-40% of the population to take a vaccine to prevent the spread of a deadly virus that shut down the economy and overwhelmed the healthcare system. You really think you can get people to stop chugging buckets of coke and devouring 99 cent cheeseburgers by the dozen for the good of society and the healthcare system? Big time lulz on that one. Michelle Obama was called a fucking nazi for suggesting that schools serve more veggies and less grease soaked pizza squares. And the fact that someone shortly will scream "OMG CR" is the biggest part of the problem. Public health is now a right v. left issue and thus half the country will always rebel and probably boycott veggies if anyone suggests public health initiatives.

LOL.   Feel better now?  Obama's F up was not her intentions, but the shitty results of her program that served warmed over dog shit to kids who then took pics and posted them online of the crap they were being forced to eat.  Or poor districts, restricted form servicing certain items, had kids go hungry as their options were limited.  Of that did have fruits & veggies, a Harvard study later indicated more than half were discarded each day.  Hardly partisan interference.

Diet and exercise start at home.  Fat people raise fat kids.  Healthy people for the most part raise healthy kids.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When I hear a fat ass refer to themselves or another fat ass as "healthy" , my triggering intensifies. 

Fat ass co worker claimed loudly that she was going on a diet one day and she brought a salad for lunch. She then went around asking people what they were having for lunch. After their answer she would relly each time:" Well Immm having a salad.."

I had to see this magic salad so I went into the break room at lunch to watch her bust it out. This bitch pulls a Wendy's salad out of the fridge then dumps half a bottle of hidden valley on top.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

When I hear a fat ass refer to themselves or another fat ass as "healthy" , my triggering intensifies. 

HEY....you quit your fat shaming!  It's none of your business that more than two millions people die each year from issues stemming from them being a fat fuck.  

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I had to have a "talk" with my brothers hippy vegetarian wife who got fat as fuck being proud about "not eating meat" but that cow would fuck up a bag of Doritos.......

Jokes on her, fairly certain Doritos have meat in them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

OK, back and ready to report.

Methodology: divided the world into 7 body types:

1. Dependasaurus: Capable of burning out the motor of a Rascal scooter. Early Cuyler's girlfriend.

2. Big and Fat. Like, really fat, but can walk to the elevator. Usually stand with knees kind of poked in against each other.

3. Kinda Fat. Capable of full range of activities, just obviously kinda fat and that's that. Couldn't chase you very far, but could whoop your ass if you didn't try to get away.

4. "Normal" aka Fat in 1978. People who could be healthy with minor changes like dropping junk food and taking a short walk every day. Or they could start hanging out at the buffet and get kinda fat.

5. Actually Skinny. People who could play a pick-up sports game and enjoy it. Sometimes almost the same weight as "Normal," except they move better because they are used to moving. Could also be some lazy asshole who still has a teenager's metabolism. I didn't interview them, they just looked skinny.

6. Meth Skinny. Self-explanatory.

---------------

Size of sample: 43 people

Activity: Shopping/working

Location: Taco Bell and Hobby Lobby, at "Wildwood" shopping area Homewood Alabama

Unit: individual civilians plus staff of those two stores. About 9/10s of them were female. Mix of Caucasian and African-American, plus one possibly Guatemalan or Honduran or I don't know maybe she grew up here but her daddy was from Oaxaca. I didn't interview her I just saw her walking past.

Time: noonish

Equipment: Blue vests for the Hobby Lobby workers, black clothing for Taco Bell, beach casual for civilians.

----------------

I needed to get my head back to 1978, so I did what I would do then, and stopped in Taco Bell to buy one of the cheapest thing they had, a Bean Burrito. To my shock, none of the three workers seemed to partake of their product; they were fit, happy, and possessed social skills. They were less good at assembling Bean Burritos because the one they gave me exploded in my hand as I ate it in my car, rather like trying to handle a baby's diaper full of diarrhea as I licked that gooey goodness off my hands. Mentally, I felt ready for Hobby Lobby.

I walked into Hobby Lobby listening for the whir of Rascal wheels, but instead saw-- lots of Normal-looking people. I was surprised-- Hobby Lobby is not upscale so you don't expect to see Spa Queens or anybody who Had Work Done, but there we were, people ranging from Kinda Fat down to Actually Skinny, with no real outliers. I made one pass around the store. Whoever cam in after that, I didn't count, but I didn't see anybody very far from the average.

Admittedly, it was in the eye of the beholder, but I've seen church groups from Missouri and there was nobody nearly that big. The Kinda Fats usually weren't all that much bigger than the "Normal"s.

So here are my results:

Dependa: 0

Big & Fat: 0

Kinda Fat: 12

"Normal": 19

Actually Skinny: 12

Meth Skinny: 0

-------------

Conclusion: Hanging out at Hobby Lobby makes people lose weight. I was less than a mile from a Walmart, a Sam's Club, and a Chinese Buffet, so no doubt those are the places to seek out more Houston Astro Game-ish numbers, but hell, I just didn't feel like it.

IMG_4450.jpg

You need to get that thumb checked.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

LOL.   Feel better now?  Obama's F up was not her intentions, but the shitty results of her program that served warmed over dog shit to kids who then took pics and posted them online of the crap they were being forced to eat.  Or poor districts, restricted form servicing certain items, had kids go hungry as their options were limited.  Of that did have fruits & veggies, a Harvard study later indicated more than half were discarded each day.  Hardly partisan interference.

Diet and exercise start at home.  Fat people raise fat kids.  Healthy people for the most part raise healthy kids.  

There are children and even adults that literally cry if they're not allowed to eat their fried chicken nuggets on demand. The schools shouldn't enable that behavior. Give the kids healthy foods. If the kid decides to toss that food in the trash, so be it.

Some of them might do ok skipping lunch.  They'll whine about low blood sugar but that is a bs excuse for most who use it.

Now school districts that claim to be unable to afford healthy options is another issue. I'm not sure I fully buy it's a widespread issue though. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There are children and even adults that literally cry if they're not allowed to eat their fried chicken nuggets on demand. The schools shouldn't enable that behavior. Give the kids healthy foods. If the kid decides to toss that food in the trash, so be it.

Some of them might do ok skipping lunch.  They'll whine about low blood sugar but that is a bs excuse for most who use it.

Now school districts that claim to be unable to afford healthy options is another issue. I'm not sure I fully buy it's a widespread issue though. 

Anyone who thinks kids are obese because of what they eat at school has their head buried in the sand.  Health and fitness start at home.  My kids eat the lunch at MS and HS, but our house is full of healthy alternatives and we rarely eat processed crap except on road trips, etc.  Even then, as they both play sports, their "macros" (I hate this word) are fine and we try to keep them at a caloric surplus the best we can.  There's a little fat pasty kid in the neighborhood that is nice enough, has fat pasty parents, and NEVER is far away from some cookie/candy/crap in his hands.  Give him carrots for lunch (which are full of sugar BTW), maybe he he eats them.  Maybe not, but it's like throwing pebbles into the ocean in terms of what is really going to improve his overall diet and lifestyle.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Also they should pay more for travel, roads, sidewalks, elevators, gas, etc.

Start a fat tax where the IRS adds a point for every point you're over your ideal BMI.

We could easily fund the infrastructure bill that way.

I'm actually shocked that one of the low budget airlines like Spirit has not moved to a weight-based pricing model.

They already charged you a penalty if your bag is over a certain weight why not just combine the passenger and the luggage give them one total weight allowance and if you're over 200 or 250 lb you start paying.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Here.

Oh, wait, I thought this was a roll call thread.

I need to lose some weight.  I've never been skinny, but I've gone in and out of being in decent shape, and being overweight.  I'm at an overweight spot these days.  And I know I am.  I need to eat better -- better food, at better times.  But I end up backsliding way too often.  And I need to get out and exercise more.  But I always have an excuse, usually work-related -- working long hours, and barely having any time to yourself, makes it really easy to make that happen.  And I have a bum knee, so running hasn't been an option for a long time.  Still, I can take walks (and when I do that regularly, it helps), and I can ride on a spin cycle (that also helps).  But I don't.  At least, not often enough.

I get it.  But by the same token, I don't get it.  I don't get how you let yourself fall THAT far.  I don't sit down and eat a bucket of fried chicken.  I don't eat 4 slices of cake.  I could make BETTER eating choices, but I don't make repeated, utterly destructive choices.  You know, mix in a salad every now and then, that sort of thing, and you can at least not be MORBIDLY obese.

But shit.....pretty much everybody makes lots of bad choices.  Some physical, some mental.  Let he who is without sin, etc.  And I am sure guilty of being angry at people who make shitty choices, but I've also realized that doesn't change a damned thing except make me pissed off.  So, maybe helping people out when they have a chance to make better choices is the way to go.

Good post.

I just left the beach for a vacation and was stunned by how fat children (4-12 years old range) are. Maybe it's the pandemic and sitting around playing ipads all day, but you never see a fat kid without a fat parent.

I think being fat is unique in that it is the "sin" you wear on the outside. You can be a great person in all other respects of life, but you betray your gluttony or slothfullness or laziness or just addiction to food by being highly visible.

Someone else said it upthread but also, being fat is one thing. You or anyone can choose to overeat and be a glutton or make poor decisions, but I think it's really bad-- and maybe could be child abuse based on severity-- for raising kids in a lifestyle that is unhealthy and makes them fat. Nothing is sadder than seeing fat children (like pre-teen and younger) because that is 100% on the parents and they never had a chance.

Be fat if you want think of your children and the life you are empowering them with--why would you want that for your kids anyways? Would you raise them in a dirty/unhealthy environment or household? Would you let them smoke or inhale bad chemicals? No. Why would you let them overeat and ingest bad food and learn horrible habits that is creating a food addiction or allowing them to think overeating is normal?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Good point-- I think poor people get a little more sympathy for being fat, considering they probably live in an apartment with a crappy small kitchen and eat off paper plates and don't have appropriate cookware, etc. so they have to eat Wendy's 4 for 4 for them and their kids.

But any middle class and above person should have the requisite tools and mindset to at least have part-time healthy habits. 

Well this doesn't help.

The largest worldwide consumption of ice cream is in United States. There, one average person consumes 48 pints of ice cream per year.

The country that consumes the most ice cream is USA, followed by Australia then Norway.

New Zealand consumes more ice cream per capita than any other country, with an average of 7.5 gallons per person per year.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't sit down and eat a bucket of fried chicken.  I don't eat 4 slices of cake.  I could make BETTER eating choices, but I don't make repeated, utterly destructive choices.

I'm going to need immamac to pull an image search of the Shank thread to verify that the first, second, and third sentence you just typed are indeed true.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well this doesn't help.

The largest worldwide consumption of ice cream is in United States. There, one average person consumes 48 pints of ice cream per year.

The country that consumes the most ice cream is USA, followed by Australia then Norway.

New Zealand consumes more ice cream per capita than any other country, with an average of 7.5 gallons per person per year.

1) I don’t know a soul that eats 48 pints of ice cream a year, and we live in the hottest part of the country.

2) how can the US and New Zealand both be number one seems to be discussing pro rata each case.

2 minutes ago, smuggs said:

I'm going to need immamac to pull an image search of the Shank thread to verify that the first, second, and third sentence you just typed are indeed true.

Allsups burritos.

A few years ago I stopped at an Allsups during a road trip with my son and made him try one because he never had one. He acted like I was getting him to smoke crack and poked it a few times then threw it out the window. Had a similar experience when getting my other son to try JitB tacos.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

1. Dependasaurus: Capable of burning out the motor of a Rascal scooter. Early Cuyler's girlfriend.

2. Big and Fat. Like, really fat, but can walk to the elevator. Usually stand with knees kind of poked in against each other.

3. Kinda Fat. Capable of full range of activities, just obviously kinda fat and that's that. Couldn't chase you very far, but could whoop your ass if you didn't try to get away.

4. "Normal" aka Fat in 1978. People who could be healthy with minor changes like dropping junk food and taking a short walk every day. Or they could start hanging out at the buffet and get kinda fat.

5. Actually Skinny. People who could play a pick-up sports game and enjoy it. Sometimes almost the same weight as "Normal," except they move better because they are used to moving. Could also be some lazy asshole who still has a teenager's metabolism. I didn't interview them, they just looked skinny.

---------------

Location: Taco Bell and Hobby Lobby, at "Wildwood" shopping area Homewood Alabama

Unit: individual civilians plus staff of those two stores. About 9/10s of them were female. Mix of Caucasian and African-American, plus one possibly Guatemalan or Honduran or I don't know maybe she grew up here but her daddy was from Oaxaca. I didn't interview her I just saw her walking past.

Equipment: Blue vests for the Hobby Lobby workers, black clothing for Taco Bell, beach casual for civilians.

----------------

I needed to get my head back to 1978, so I did what I would do then, and stopped in Taco Bell to buy one of the cheapest thing they had, a Bean Burrito. To my shock, none of the three workers seemed to partake of their product; they were fit, happy, and possessed social skills. They were less good at assembling Bean Burritos because the one they gave me exploded in my hand as I ate it in my car, rather like trying to handle a baby's diaper full of diarrhea as I licked that gooey goodness off my hands. Mentally, I felt ready for Hobby Lobby.

I walked into Hobby Lobby listening for the whir of Rascal wheels, but instead saw-- lots of Normal-looking people. I was surprised-- Hobby Lobby is not upscale so you don't expect to see Spa Queens or anybody who Had Work Done, but there we were, people ranging from Kinda Fat down to Actually Skinny, with no real outliers. I made one pass around the store. Whoever cam in after that, I didn't count, but I didn't see anybody very far from the average.

Admittedly, it was in the eye of the beholder, but I've seen church groups from Missouri and there was nobody nearly that big. The Kinda Fats usually weren't all that much bigger than the "Normal"s.

So here are my results:

-------------

Conclusion: Hanging out at Hobby Lobby makes people lose weight. I was less than a mile from a Walmart, a Sam's Club, and a Chinese Buffet, so no doubt those are the places to seek out more Houston Astro Game-ish numbers, but hell, I just didn't feel like it.

IMG_4450.jpg

I repped this then went back to read it. Kind of like when Mitch Cumsteen posts on the wives thread. 

The fat Hitler in the background is tremendous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I am well aware of the ongoing obesity problem but is this thing really starting to get out of hand?  I went to an Astros game last night - first stadium event post-pandemic - and a solid 1/3 of the people in my section were morbidly obese.  Like fat rolls all around and spilling over fat.  Another 40% were fat and/or overweight.  I'd say about 30% were what one would generally consider to be a normal body type.  Maybe it was just a bad random sample but I am still shaking my head at the 350-punder who ate a batting helmet full of nachos, used his finger to scrape and eat the leftover cheese and then busted out an insulin pen.
Note: I need to drop about 20 and am not some skinny guy gratuitously fat hating.

Did you just arrive in this country? It was not a bad sample. ~40 percent of American adults are obese, ~two thirds are overweight, and Houston is among the fattest cities in America.

A lot of people on here will give the ol’ “but a 240 pound linebacker is medically obese!” retort as of that is a meaningful portion of the population lol

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

---------------

----------------

So here are my results:

-------------

IMG_4450.jpg

You should have gone to Taco Casa while you were out there.

• Drool 1

Also I think an underrated aspect of fat people is the understanding that food is a chemical and like with any chemical, there is a chance (and some people or populations of people are more prone than others) to addiction. Especially with sugar.

So you have people who are getting cheap hits of dopamine from eating pleasurable and tasty foods, and over and over and over, they build a tolerance. So now they have to eat like crap all day long to get those highs. Or else the alternative is they feel like crap even when heating "healthy" so they think, why bother eating healthy when it makes me feel sick? So they relapse back to the stuff that is killing them. No different than heroin, at that point, directionally speaking.

As many can attest after a long boys weekend or a vacation of eating like crap-- you feel like crap and have a sort of hangover or detox period complete with headaches or lethargy or migraines-- now put yourself in a 260 lb, 6 foot or shorter person (and beyond) and you start to see the real problem is that once you've become food/sugar addicted, it takes a level of commitment and mental strength to break that cycle that isn't for everyone. And if you are an adult and say, "meh, i'll take the trade-off of feeling/looking like crap and a half dozen years of lifespan because I get to eat decadent foods at semi-leisure and on whim", then so be it.

Still, I'll die on the hill that if you are raising fat kids, you should be talked to about it-- whether it from a doctor or a social worker. Don't put your own unhealthiness and poor decisions and choices and food addictions on innocent kids, just like you wouldnt give them booze or cigarettes.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well this doesn't help.

when actors/actresses need to gain a shitton of weight quickly for roles, they eat copious amounts of ice cream. just something to keep in mind.

• Hook 'Em 1