2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

I have no news on this one, but 2021 transfer season is over and we need to start something before ReeseBennett shows up and goes full milquetoast with another title choice. Open to good title nominations, though. I almost went with "(No) Jaggers Please"

"Portal Kombat"

--ctj 7/1/21

"Watch quigley Anxiously Shit Himself In Real Time"

A tribute to OU dipshit quigley begging the board to believe him that he's in a consensual relationship with Caleb Williams, who would have walked on to be at OU, and that OU's offense is going to be better without Lincoln Riley, and that Venables' defensive staff is the balls. 

--ctj 1/4/22

"Trash Out, Treasure In"

--ctj 1/7/22

"The Numbers, My God, The Numbers"

--ctj 1/13/22

”Political & Vaccination Shitshow”

Apparently the fucking cloak room isn’t a large enough din of virtue signaling inequity, so this thread makes sense for a good spillover  

—ctj 1/15/22

"If You Ain't Tamperin', You Ain't Tryin'"

Man, fuck Arkansas.

--ctj 1/19/22

”Maulers & Ballers Only, Please”

Agiye Hall and Oushan Mathis are going to cement our return to dominance, assholes.

—ctj 4/15/22

"It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"

I'll feel fine. Some of you assholes clearly do not, but I do.

--ctj 5/3/22

Edited by closetojumping

Clowns to the left of me, Jimbos to the right

Losers GTFO, Heroes Arriving, Welcome!

I don't know, because it needs to be CFB specific and not UT specific. Something about how all of the guys leaving can go fuck themselves, but all of the guys arriving are going to save the day. 

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Clowns to the left of me, Jimbos to the right

Losers GTFO, Heroes Arriving, Welcome!

I don't know, because it needs to be CFB specific and not UT specific. Something about how all of the guys leaving can go fuck themselves, but all of the guys arriving are going to save the day. 

2022 transfer thread:  Come (or Cum) and fuck South Austin's mom; go and fuck yourselves!

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - Portal Kombat
  • 1 month later...

There is a bizarre schizophrenia on this board of simultaneously wanting to keep threads on topic while also aggressively doing whatever can be done to take every thread off topic. Currently, there is an ongoing discussion about 2022 transfer candidates from other schools happening on the 2021 transfer thread. If it's going to be Thunderdome, I'm all for it, just let me know. Otherwise, here's a thread for such.

Long story short, there are rumors that the Brockermeyers are interested in coming back to Texas. I've not been told that it's impossible, so I'm not sure what anyone is hearing. I guess there's a shot.

The potential defensive transfer is just as interesting.

Meanwhile, I sure as fuck hope we figure out a way to ensure that Worthy is taken care of as he emerges on this team. 

• Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Now that Luke is starting they want to come here. Well, we need linemen.

I would imagine it's also a lot to do with them seeing the long road to starting at Bama, and how much fun big brother was having not being a backstabbing traitor this past Saturday... and a little backdoor crootin' going on via Luke through Sark etc... (no, not that kinda backdoor, future... yet).

Can't wait to see what some of our in-the-knowers hear

• Hook 'Em 7

51 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is a bizarre schizophrenia on this board of simultaneously wanting to keep threads on topic while also aggressively doing whatever can be done to take every thread off topic. Currently, there is an ongoing discussion about 2022 transfer candidates from other schools happening on the 2021 transfer thread. If it's going to be Thunderdome, I'm all for it, just let me know. Otherwise, here's a thread for such.

Long story short, there are rumors that the Brockermeyers are interested in coming back to Texas. I've not been told that it's impossible, so I'm not sure what anyone is hearing. I guess there's a shot.

The potential defensive transfer is just as interesting.

Meanwhile, I sure as fuck hope we figure out a way to ensure that Worthy is taken care of as he emerges on this team. 

ctj, I am of the opinion and you can certainly disagree that the portal and NIL will destroy college sports. When some of these kids see teammates getting huge deals and they get nothing, the portal is an inviting option to go somewhere else where they can get something. I think that something like 2000 kids went into the portal and many of them were disappointed with the results. Now kids will want paying time and will want a nice pay day.

The last thing we need is adults having freedom of movement to seek more opportunity and/or more payment elsewhere. Especially if sometimes it doesn't work out like they'd hoped. Is that the kind of lesson we want to teach them before they move out into the real world where they will *checks notes* have freedom of movement to seek more opportunity and/or more payment elsewhere?!?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

ctj, I am of the opinion and you can certainly disagree that the portal and NIL will destroy college sports. When some of these kids see teammates getting huge deals and they get nothing, the portal is an inviting option to go somewhere else where they can get something. I think that something like 2000 kids went into the portal and many of them were disappointed with the results. Now kids will want paying time and will want a nice pay day.

So take care of our guys and get the portal guys great deals for coming to Texas and it’s not our fucking problem. Did you think women showing more than their ankles was gonna ruin this country too? Fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So take care of our guys and get the portal guys great deals for coming to Texas and it’s not our fucking problem. Did you think women showing more than their ankles was gonna ruin this country too? Fuck. 

How about we expand Burnt Ends to other position groups then? The next one can be for the receiver room. We can call it "Sticky Fingers".

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

How about we expand Burnt Ends to other position groups then? The next one can be for the receiver room. We can call it "Sticky Fingers".

I mean that’s been discussed. Need the money. I’m not sure burnt ends is even fully funded yet. If we had a million bucks sitting around, sure. 

9 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

They announced on the podcast today that it is fully funded now.

That’s good news. Now, everyone DOUBLE their contribution so we can do another position group. Maybe double and another quarter since the WR group is bigger. If everyone is comfortable putting in about 500 a month I think this plan will work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Really enjoying the continuing trend of changing avatars to other poster's actual faces. Well done, @JesusSweatDuck 

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

"JuSt LoOkInG oUt FoR tHe KiDs"

When you root for Texas in the NIL age, allowing the free market to work is a positive. Let's not overthink.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)