2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

46 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

When you’re digging into player’s mom’s tweets to find something to worry about, probably just time to put the phone/laptop away for a little while.

For the record, it popped up on my feed bc Sark liked it. I was not digging into any parents' tweets

5 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

Correct. But Don’t forget about early entrants. Some of those enrolling early will be counted against last year. And that number is not easily identifiable because some of those from last year counted against the year before, etc. etc.

Spoiler alert — I’m gonna talk about the numbers. If your vagina can’t take that, move on…

On the LHN signing day special one of the talking heads mentioned Sark said they could take ‘up to 36’ this year. Obviously greyshirts and the like change  that total, but I took that to mean our 25 plus our 7 transfer exceptions (no problem there lol) which would back into 4 additional from the early enrollee group….

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Spoiler alert — I’m gonna talk about the numbers. If your vagina can’t take that, move on…

On the LHN signing day special one of the talking heads mentioned Sark said they could take ‘up to 36’ this year. Obviously greyshirts and the like change  that total, but I took that to mean our 25 plus our 7 transfer exceptions (no problem there lol) which would back into 4 additional from the early enrollee group….

You're going to make me worry about the numbers with talk like that. 

6 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Know this is probably nothing (Sark liked it) but not my favorite thing to see from X's mom

X basically (officially did?) portal’d here. Probably heard that negative talk from UM fans.

Edit: Texi already made the point, my bad.

Edited by ChemicalHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

X basically (officially did?) portal’d here. Probably heard that negative talk from UM fans.

Edit: Texi already made the point, my bad.

He didn't portal.  Michigan let him out of his letter of intent.  He never enrolled there.

On potential WR moves:

- Bama/LSU 247 boards thinks likelihood of Boutte leaving has gone down

- Chatter on Bama 247, of Josh Downs from UNC potentially entering the portal.  This guy has crazy stats;  almost 100 catches and 1,300 yads.  (He's 5-10, but I don't think Sark would care about any overlap w/ Worthy's skillset/physique, if there was any mutual interest.)

- Downs' brother Caleb is a 5 star DB in the 23 class.  The whole world - including Texas - has offered.

- Even assuming they lose Metchie and Williams, Bama has a crazy WR roster.  IIRC, 4 top 100 receivers in the 21 class, and 3 top 150 in this class.  (And several, including Preston, are in the top 50 - 75.)  Hopefully that works in our favor, if anything materializes.

- No idea of interest, if Downs actually enters the portal.

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

On potential WR moves:

- Bama/LSU 247 boards thinks likelihood of Boutte leaving has gone down

- Chatter on Bama 247, of Josh Downs from UNC potentially entering the portal.  This guy has crazy stats;  almost 100 catches and 1,300 yads.  (He's 5-10, but I don't think Sark would care about any overlap w/ Worthy's skillset/physique, if there was any mutual interest.)

- Downs' brother Caleb is a 5 star DB in the 23 class.  The whole world - including Texas - has offered.

- Even assuming they lose Metchie and Williams, Bama has a crazy WR roster.  IIRC, 4 top 100 receivers in the 21 class, and 3 top 150 in this class.  (And several, including Preston, are in the top 50 - 75.)  Hopefully that works in our favor, if anything materializes.

- No idea of interest, if Downs actually enters the portal.

An early enrollee who is a four-star prospect listed as the nation’s No. 94 player, the nation’s 17th-ranked wide receiver and the No. 13 player in Georgia in the 247Sports Composite • Ranked as the nation’s 53rd-ranked player, the ninth-ranked wide receiver and the No. 9 player in the state according to Rivals • Tabbed as the nation’s No. 188 player, the 28th-best wide receiver and the state’s No. 21 player according to ESPN • A member of the ESPN300 • Invited to play in the All-American Bowl • Tallied 187 receptions for 3,019 yards and 32 TDs over his final three prep seasons • Led North Gwinnett to a 12-2 record and a berth in the 7A state semifinals as a senior • A first-team all-state and an all-county selection • Caught 83 passes for 1,290 yards and 14 TDs • Also threw a TD pass • Helped the Bulldogs to a 10-3 record and a spot in the third round of the 7A state playoffs as a junior • Made 37 receptions for 624 yards and nine TDs • Was a major piece of a North Gwinnett team that went 14-1 and won the 7A state championship as a sophomore • Hauled in 63 passes for 1,019 yards and nine TDs • Also competed in basketball as a freshman and track and field as a freshman and sophomore • Finished third in the state triple jump and fourth in the long jump • Coached by David Dunn.

59 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The loss of Casey will hurt. His patented no-look, helicopter jump-spin, hail mary, long ball is going to change football.

Stupid useless beta QBs hold the ball too long waiting for WRs to get open. Omega chad Thompson just throws it whether why are open or triple covered. He will be missed.

(just like most of his passes to wide open non-stationary targets). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Current portal wishlist is a starting caliber WR, LB, and DB.  If Card leaves we will need a backup QB.  Depending on what the staff thinks of the remaining in house options we may need a TE.  Could probably stand to add depth at DB and WR.  No star player who wants to come here should be turned away except at RB and QB.

12 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Mims, Fetui, Watts, and Young would be a dope haul and address all the remaining needs.

Who is Young? Besides your guys - NC wide receiver, TCU wide receiver (QJ), some all american TE, some all american LB and some all american OL. In total, 2 wide receivers - a speedster and an all purpose, 1 TE, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 OL, and 1 DB. That plus Mathews/Perkins would pretty much complete the team.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Who is Young? Besides your guys - NC wide receiver, TCU wide receiver (QJ), some all american TE, some all american LB and some all american OL. In total, 2 wide receivers - a speedster and an all purpose, 1 TE, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 OL, and 1 DB. That plus Mathews/Perkins would pretty much complete the team.

It feels like Texas will probably miss on Matthews and almost certainly miss on Perkins. Is LTG a hybrid safety? 

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Isheem Young DB from Iowa St.

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

Isheem Young DB from Iowa St.

With your list we would still have a glaring weakness at LB assuming Fetui is a DE and non-strengths at TE and WR. Mims would be great but I still think we would need QJ or Boutte or the NC wide receiver. And I don't know about relying on a couple of freshmen OL.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

With your list we would still have a glaring weakness at LB assuming Fetui is a DE and non-strengths at TE and WR. Mims would be great but I still think we would need QJ or Boutte or the NC wide receiver. And I don't know about relying on a couple of freshmen OL.

We don’t just get the first pick of every transfer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe we can get Dr Ueckert who makes the brainvault mouth guard to invent a full body guard for JW.  That would help our WR room and free up one spot of dire need.  

College footballs funny how quickly things change, 2 years ago we were fucked at RB and WR looked like our best position group.  Assume next year going to be a big one for RB recruiting 

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Of course you can always want more.  Like I said, no star player in the portal should be ignored by Texas except at RB and QB.  

Banks and Campbell are more than good enough to play early.  Add those to Angilau, Majors, Karic, Jones, Connor, and 4 other 4 star freshmen and they’re bound to be able to put together a very good OL.  Adding a stud would be a luxury.

Same at WR.  A starting 3 of Worthy, Whittington, and Mims with a 2nd string of Washington, Thompson, and Dixon is solid.  Adding another good experienced WR would be great but not a necessity to field a good team.

I have faith in them developing the existing TE into a viable unit.

I would put Fetui at LB.

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Don’t kid yourself by thinking we have any chance with Boutte. Better chance we play against him next year when Alabama comes to town.

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Don’t kid yourself by thinking we have any chance with Boutte. Better chance we play against him next year when Alabama comes to town.

Yep, Boutte to Bama appears to be a given. Saban manipulating LSU and the state of Louisiana is as funny as is horrifying. 

47 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep, Boutte to Bama appears to be a given. Saban manipulating LSU and the state of Louisiana is as funny as is horrifying. 

If the instability of the coaching market and its impact on recruiting jas benefited Texas,  it has helped Bama doubly so. The big dog can eat. And theres very little stopping him.

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

Don't we need to know who the OC is before we declare this is a good or bad fit?

Nix has proven that he's not able to transcend scheme.

It’s Oregon… the scene will stay close to the same if they want to keep the image they have been pushing now through what, 3,4? coaching staffs now. It will be some form of wide open scheme that fits the Oregon speed and excitement style.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)