2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

49 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Why is he even visiting here? Free dinner and make sure it doesn't look like USC was tampering?

Picking up $1K or more at each place to get wined & dined?

I can think of thousands of reasons. LA ain’t cheap, so it’s nice to have a  ice wad o’ cash when you land while you’re still getting everything settled. 

3 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does Sark have some Saban-esque tricks up his sleeve to play with the scholarship numbers if we somehow landed all three of Mathis, Sanders, and Billingsley? I thought I read that we were sitting at 31 out of 33 available spots filled thus far. 

PM @closetojumping

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does Sark have some Saban-esque tricks up his sleeve to play with the scholarship numbers if we somehow landed all three of Mathis, Sanders, and Billingsley? I thought I read that we were sitting at 31 out of 33 available spots filled thus far. 

Oh, so you’re worried about the numbers then?

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE NUMBERS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Some potential creative accounting tricks I found that Saban may or may not be using:

Being a preferred walk-on for a year on campus and then getting put on scholarship keeps you from counting against the 25 (or now 32). The player gets made-whole via NIL, gets made-whole under the table, or is well off enough to where his family doesn't need to be reimbursed (like a Cole Lourd, or maybe this Highland Park WR). I think we'll have some players who join the class who are actually walking on for a year, but it's not broadcasted

15.5.6.4.2 Voluntary Withdrawal From the Institution During the Academic Year.

15.5.6.4.3 Replacement of an Ineligible Student-Athlete.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Somebody here mentioned Sark moving the needle to 36

56 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Yes the numbers 36 and can still get creative with it. If we go to 36 it will limit us in 2023 which can be an issue but this team needs an immediate talent upgrade so I imagine they will stretch to as big of a number as possible

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)