2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Camrhon Hughes was ass, but Sedrick Flowers is the worst starting OL I have ever seen in my life.

pretty sure we had a 3-star converted DT starting at LT at some point. Mark Hutchins or whatever.

No line we field will ever be as bad as that one.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

pretty sure we had a 3-star converted DT starting at LT at some point. Mark Hutchins or whatever.

No line we field will ever be as bad as that one.

Genuinely have no recollection of this man who apparently started 13 games for us.

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/marcus-hutchins/5907

The 2017 OL rivaled 2014 as the worst I've ever seen and that was the year Herman said 2 days before the season opener it was the best OL he'd seen in his career. We had Tristan Nickelson and Denzel Okafor starting at the two tackle spots after Connor Williams went down.

Edited by Hookem2147

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

Wow, this guys a stud. I think LSU finished second in his recruitment 

Also his position coach just left for LSU

If this is a wide open and not premeditated destination portal, Bama probably makes sense to, as they don't have a returning WR1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

There have been a ton of good OL in the portal again this year. Guys that would be immediate starters and upgrades. Ole Miss got a western Kentucky OL who was all conference, UVA had multiple good OL transfer and there’s many more. We haven’t gone after them. 

in the era of the portal, there’s no fucking reason to go into next year hoping on a whim that Majors finally learns to anchor as your only real option at Center. Grab a transfer OL so you have more than option at finding a quality starter at one of the most important positions in the offense. 

Probably because of the num…er the sum total of people at the position group and/or team. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

What is this "talent and depth in the front 6-7" that you speak of?

DL: Mathis, Collins, Coburn, Murphy, Ojomo, and Sweat as guys who have played a lot and shown at least flashes of talent.  Tapp, Thomas, Sorrell, Ross, Finkley, Bledsoe, Harris, Burke, Bryant, and Swanson as unproven guys who should have some measure of upside.  Broughton, Oghoufu, and Bush as untalented players with experience who can provide additional depth.

LB: Moody, Overshown, Ford, and Gbenda as guys who have played and shown at least flashes of talent.  Blackwell, Brown, and Johnson as unproven guys who should have some upside.  Brockermeyer and Richardson as untalented players with experience who can provide additional depth. 

52 minutes ago, Fud said:

So now the goalpost is at 2024, when Bijan, Worthy, and Ewers are all likely long gone. Great. 

I don't think it's moving the goalposts to say 2022 isn't the year we play for a championship. Maybe everybody magically gets their shit together next year, and we compete for a championship in 2023? 

36 minutes ago, Fud said:

If Dart goes to BYU, JT Daniels to Ole Miss would make sense

BYU's starting QB in 2021 is listed as a sophomore. Is that right? If so, he'll probably be sitting there too won't he?

Dart to OU always seemed like a stretch. Trigg may actually be the more important immediate recruit for OU because of their lack of TE/HB.

Either or both would be outstanding for the Sooners.

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

DL: Mathis, Collins, Coburn, Murphy, Ojomo, and Sweat as guys who have played a lot and shown at least flashes of talent.  Tapp, Thomas, Sorrell, Ross, Finkley, Bledsoe, Harris, Burke, Bryant, and Swanson as unproven guys who should have some measure of upside.  Broughton, Oghoufu, and Bush as untalented players with experience who can provide additional depth.

LB: Moody, Overshown, Ford, and Gbenda as guys who have played and shown at least flashes of talent.  Blackwell, Brown, and Johnson as unproven guys who should have some upside.  Brockermeyer and Richardson as untalented players with experience who can provide additional depth. 

There's always potential. There's often some flashing. But not one of those guys has shown to be very good. All of them average or worse. I hope that changes but to think we have talent on our fronts is not backed up by evidence.

7 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

what about Prince Dorbah

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The expression precedes the QAnon people from a literary perspective by about, oh, I don't know, 2000 years. I know two other things regarding this post:

1) I don't actually know much about QAnon other than they sound like the right wing version of the Antifa left wing dipshits. What it has to do with children, you'll have to tell me. Or, please don't.

2) Some of you guys have to turn anything into politics. He that is good with a hammer and such. 

The chokehold buttfuck, as per my understanding, is something generally reserved for close family members at large family gatherings. 

Among the varieties of buttfucks, I have to think the chokehold buttfuck is more gentle than a smooth buttfucking, and the smooth buttfucking is far and away preferential to the rough buttfucking. That considered, the smooth version has to be the most embarrassing, albeit not even remotely on the level of the dirty sanchez or bucking bronco versions. Anywho ...

Oh My George Takai GIF

Has there even been a center in the portal worth considering?

The Va guy gave no indications of interest in Texas and committed to Michigan quickly.

The smu kid followed his coach and it debatable he would be an improvement.

I can't think of anybody else.

Credit to Majors for improving this past season. He is a 3 star pushed into action too soon.

Haven't seen anything reasonably better on the pirtal, unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

From Cali for what its worth.

FSU has already gotten 2 Calabasas WR's from the portal this offseason, why not a 3rd

Interesting that Hummer is attaching Aggy is to him in theory when they haven't been attached to any WRs before this. 

Just now, pacman said:

Has there even been a center in the portal worth considering?

The Va guy gave no indications of interest in Texas and committed to Michigan quickly.

The smu kid followed his coach and it debatable he would be an improvement.

I can't think of anybody else.

Credit to Majors for improving this past season. He is a 3 star pushed into action too soon.

Haven't seen anything reasonably better on the pirtal, unfortunately.

The Wisconsin dude that is probably a JAG. 

https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/Wisconsin-Badgers-football-Kayden-Lyles-to-transfer-from-program-173873181/

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Teryor said:

FSU has already gotten 2 Calabasas WR's from the portal this offseason, why not a 3rd

Interesting that Hummer is attaching Aggy is to him in theory when they haven't been attached to any WRs before this. 

If he didn’t like the way Georgia uses WRs, why on earth would he ever consider atm? I’m sure he could get bags at Georgia just as easily as he could in bcs. 

Edited by TXRed
Typo

27 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Running away from the Georgia passing game to the A&M passing game would be a choice 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

There's always potential. There's often some flashing. But not one of those guys has shown to be very good. All of them average or worse. I hope that changes but to think we have talent on our fronts is not backed up by evidence.

Of course it’s totally subjective.  But put it this way: what would you set the over/under on number of guys from that list to ever make an nfl roster?  If it’s more than 5, then it’s safe to say there’s enough “good” talent to make my point, which is that the performance of the DL/LB in 2022 will be based on how the coaches perform more so than on how much talent/depth there is.

8 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Of course it’s totally subjective.  But put it this way: what would you set the over/under on number of guys from that list to ever make an nfl roster?  If it’s more than 5, then it’s safe to say there’s enough “good” talent to make my point, which is that the performance of the DL/LB in 2022 will be based on how the coaches perform more so than on how much talent/depth there is.

It's sure as shit not 5. It's probably 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So when we physically whipped OU, OSU and Baylor for a half, that wasn't because of S&C but when we lost the leads it was because of S&C?

I know this was several pages back. Still, I felt it was important to tell you that this was the most ****ing insane message board post I have seen since 2005 when a retarded okie insisted they would soundly beat VY and Texas in Dallas. 

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He was supposed to the be the true number one receiver after the Pickens injury. Anyone know what happened this year? 

He was their top WR this year. Only the TE Bowers had more yards and TDs.

But being the top WR at Georgia still meant less than 500 yards because Stetson Bennett is limited as a passer.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“But look who Moody was playing behind at Alabama!  Yes, it’s the same list I showed you for Ben Davis last year - why do you ask?”

Was Davis ever expected to be a meaningful contributor at Bama though? My understanding is that Moody was legitimately set to start until To'o many o's transferred there. 

Genuinely have no recollection of this man who apparently started 13 games for us.
https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/marcus-hutchins/5907

He and McMillon were both converts from the DLine.
Although Hutchins may have converted to DL then back to OL.

McMillon was good in front of Donta Foreman but less good the next year under Herman. Hutchins was never quite as good as McMillon, who I believe gave up football with a year of eligibility remaining. Hmmm.

Hutchins, Raulerson, Flowers, maybe No Contact, and wheelchair recruit made up the Arkansas Texas Bowl contingent upfront. There was one backup scholarship dude for that game. Those dudes had some decent games that year but totally fell apart come year end.

Least physically talented and equipped group in Texas history.

Also, I just realized that my fucking bama friends, longhorn turncoats, will be there visiting and gloating as well. Fuck me, fuck you, and fuck this. 

If you need someone to mysteriously and surprisingly show up and whip a little ass, let me know. Might even toss a few four letter subtleties at Steve too. If the mood strikes.
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Was Davis ever expected to be a meaningful contributor at Bama though? My understanding is that Moody was legitimately set to start until To'o many o's transferred there. 

Moody was expected to compete for the starting spot last year before Toto was added, and was expected to compete to replace Harris next year, and most Bama posters aren’t happy to see him go because you’d prefer to have more people competing for an open spot 

This all doesn’t necessarily mean he’d be good for us next year, just what I read on their boards today 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)